Friday, December 03, 2010

report from the midnight biner - Double post day Just Magnolia challenge week 84-Anything goes plus sparkle + Crafty Catz Guest DT spot-Happy New Year

Good morning firstly wow a huge thanks for all your wonderful comments yesterday on my card, I love those digi's don't you, so beautifully drawn, I promise I will get round to your fab blogs to comment as soon as I can...at about midnight last night I remembered I hadn't put the rubbish bin out for the refuse men in the morning so one look outside and a shudder later I'm upstairs dressing for the antarctic, I had my pj's on two pairs of socks a pair of boots, my artic fleece, pink fluffy dressing gown and a green scarf, I'm slip sliding about dragging this huge black bin out to the end of the drive, managed to keep my footing until I stepped back in the house and whoosh and one bruised bum later sitting in a heap on the floor and I catch a glimpse of myself in the glass doors looking like the multicoloured mitchelin man, I couldn't get up for laughing, moral of this tale remember to put the bin out earlier in the day lol...its a double post day today so forgive the long post....first is my Just Magnolia challenge card which this week is an anything goes challenge with a touch of sparkle...I chose this fab Edwin, I don't think hes used enough do you

I coloured him with distress inks and teamed him up with some of the new Basicgrey Marjolaine, the spotted is called Buttercream and the check is Molten cake, the stunning puffed glittery letters are Thicker's and I'm so proud of the snowflakes as these are the first I have made from acetate and covered in glue and glitter, messy but so worth it I think, the sketch is from Simon says challenge and I'm also entering this for the Stampin for the Weekend Winter challenge (oops too late)

Right now my second card is for the fab Crafty Catz challenge 61, Happy New Year where the lovely Suzie kindly asked me to do a Guest spot and I jumped at the chance

I used this Mo's Digital Pencil Reach for the Stars image which is perfect for New Year I think, I also did a little word art on it to put the Happy New Year logo on his sash, hes coloured with Distress inks and I teamed him up with this Craft Creations paper which is so glittery in real life but really doesn't show up too well on here...all I needed to finish was a stunning gingham ribbon and one of my swirly bows (you fed up seeing these yet lol)

I'm also entering this for the Cute Card Thursday-The Blues challenge...when you have time hop on over to Just Magnolia challenge and Crafty Catz to check out what the rest of the super talented DT's have come up...wow stunning work as always...have a fantastic dry booty day everyone and thanks for bearing with me through the long post
Mina xxx

36 comments:

Renkata said...

Good morning Mina,
these two card are just so sweet and what a great DP and combination.

Jane said...

And the Winner of the "Longest Post Title Ever" goes to .....Drum roll....TADA!!! It's YOU!!!
Bootiful cards...shame about the ribbon (tee! hee!) xx

My'scardcorner said...

Two brilliant cards especially like the baby one. Hope you arnt too sore today after your adventure. lol :0)
Myrax

Lisa Jane said...

Oh Mina - just picking myself up off the floor at the thought of you in all your layers lol
Another beautiful card .. i love the colour combo and the sparkly letters
Lisa ;)

Grenouille Greetings said...

There'snowtime like now to stop by your blog and tell you how much I love your cards! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Sue said...

Morning Mina,hope your poor tush is feeling a little better,what are you like.Im loveing both of your cards.Love your ribbon too.
Big warm hugs Sue xx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Loving your description of you putting out your bin. Hope your fall wasn't too bad. Beautiful cards. Love the colours nd layout, especially the first one. Hope you have a nice weekend. We eventually got snow this morning, makes a change not having to defrost the car. Take care. Donna

Anne said...

Two brilliant cards as usual Mina, absolutely love those puffy letters.
Am off to google lol
Anne x

Janette said...

Both are brilliant cards Mina, sorry, but had to laugh at your bin story.....oh I so know that feeling......I once did a similar thing and thought I looked like 'whatever happened to baby Jane'....lol...shocking stuff...lol...xxx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Mina,
Firstly your cards are beautifully done. Gorgeous colours and images. Brilliant as usual.
On Monday night William cleared a path down the drive so he could put our bin out - it took ages - but there was so much snow overnight that the bin lorry didn't come so he had to clear the path again to take it back in.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Louise said...

Beautiful cards, great coloring

heidy said...

Hi Mitchelin girl The colours off your bottom will make a great colour combo whit your charming outfit,he he
Hope you didn't hurt yourself
Your cards are gorgeous as always and that bow,stunning!!
Big hugs Heidy

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, everyone is making such lovely cards and I have so little time at the moment. Great cards hun... HUgs, Frea

Marina said...

Both cards are fantastic!
Cute images, pretty papers and gorgeous designs.

Hugs,
Marina

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina, wow two stunning and beautiful cards, love the Magnolia one and your Mo one is gorgeous gorgeous colouring. With loe and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Mina loving both cards stunningly coloured and fab papers. Glad you could join us at Crafty Catz.

Knerten said...

Beautiful cards, Mina - just love both images, and your colouring is - as always - awesome !!
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs
Turid

Shazza said...

wow what gorgeous cards. Love those Thickers letters and the snowflakes are beautiful
Our bin men didn't make it this week, the bin is still at the end of the drive, waiting patiently
x

Julie said...

I love the gorgeous little chap on his sledge,he should come stay with me,we've plenty of the white stuff! I love your swirly bow,any chance of a tutorial on them? Have a good evening,Julie.x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Mina
Both cards are gorgeous,so glad you was able to join us at CraftyCatz this week,
Hugs Dianne xx

coops said...

stunning cards mina,the imagesa re gorgeous and i love your colour comboa and fabulous swirly bow :D

xx coops xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Those letters are fantastic!! I like your papers on both cards too! (and that blue ribbon!!)

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Diane said...

Both of these cards are wonderful, Mina - lovely colours in them and beautiful colouring....you have such a sensitive touch with your brush!
I'm definitely not fed up with the swirly bows - I just wish I knew how to do them and it's cerrtainly snap with the snowflakes!!
Diane x

pinky said...

Stunning cards Mina, your colouring as usual, amazes me!! Haven't dipped into my distress inks for ages:( Hope the bottom isn't too sore but thanks for the laugh!!
Pinky

Jodi said...

These are both pretty cards!! Beautifully colored as always!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Mina ,,, always so fantastic,, I love the way you did the ribbon :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Both cards are super cute Mina, so wonderful too! Your card of yesterday is gorgeous, what a lovely image.
Have a nice weekend, Jacqueline

Danielle said...

Exquisite cards Mina!! Just love the New Year card and the ribbon treatment you did! And Edwin on his sled is fab - just love your paper and colour choices and those gorgeous snowflakes and letters!! Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Danielle

Rufus said...

Edwin looks like he's having fun. Love that you made Mo's a New Year baby! Great coloring and I like your bow.
R/

Heather said...

Gorgeous cards Mina, I love Edwin on his sledge - think I need one (sledge that is) and a couple of huskies to pull me along!!
Fabulous colouring and colour choice and those letters are stunning.

So glad you shared this with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs Heather xx

Anonymous said...

Wow Mina, another stunning creations. Just love the layouts and designs. Your colour combo's are amazing and I love the images.

Hugs Jannie

Riet said...

So gorgeous cards Mina,I love the images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Juls said...

so gorgeous!!! How do you do that with your ribbon? Its Just amazing!!!! Hugs Juls

Debbie Dolphin said...

Really gorgeous Mina. Its so perfect
love Debbie xxx

Christine said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous. I do agree that Edwin on his sled does not get used enough. He is just adorable and I love the colors you used. Different but I love it. I read your story and though I am sure it was painful, I laughed while reading it and think you are a sport to share it with us. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

XxJULESxX said...

another couple of stunning cards Mina!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...