Sunday, March 17, 2013

a spring flower...


Good morning everyone how was your Saturday?...we went to collect my Dads glasses and very handsome he is in them too, I managed to convince him to get some lush blue metallic frames, modern but he really suits them... then we popped to the supermarket for milk and a newspaper for him and we were sitting in the cafe having coffee and I looked over to our trolley and there were two young lads leaning over our trolley reading his paper, they had it taken to bits too so they could share it...how cheeky is that, mind I made them jump out of their skin when I shouted 'what do you think your doing...one of the cheeky replies 'we didn't know it was your trolly'...my reply 'well you certainly knew it wasn't yours...wheres your parents?'...they ran off with me wandering after them looking for parents...I couldn't find them, so settled down to my coffee again...I spotted them when we were leaving with a Mum in tow and headed towards them...you have never seen two young fellas move so fast with a trolley in your life, I couldn't get to them in time lol...seriously though do some parents not teach their children any manners at all and why oh why are they allowed to wander around by themselves, the youngest must have been about 9 and the eldest 12 at the most...don't these parents read the news and how easy children are lifted from public places, never mind the point that they should be supervising them maybe its just me that even the thought makes me scared and I would never let my Daughter out of my sight when we were outside...ok rant over lol...my card for today is to remind us that spring will eventually make it here and is using this cutie Bildmalarna stamp called LWF My Flower...how sweet is she holding her flower, I'm loving their new release...I teamed it up with some more of the stunning Prima 6x6" Paper Pad - Divine, the stamp and papers are from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I added a Happy Birthday ceramic sentiment and a gold bow to finish...the lush sketch is from Simon Says Stamp Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Stampin' For The Weekend challenge and the Paper Creator's Crafts Challenge too...we are having a relaxing day today I think although I might just pop into town for a mooch later on...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one and watch out for stray children lol
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - frayed burlap
outfit - tattered rose, stormy sky, antique linen
flower - scattered straw, shabby shutters
wings - antique linen, tattered rose
shoes - tea dye, frayed burlap
bow - stormy sky

15 comments:

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very beautiful card. hugs, Helena

rachel said...

such a sweet card Mina - love that bow xx

tilly said...

fab card, she's lovely along with that paper
Tilly

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful colored Mina.
Gr Elly

Mojca said...

oh the image is sooo cute and lovely coloured. OH and I agree parents this days just don't know how to raise their children (permissive education you know!!!!) and I think that on ling term that won't do us any good. Hugs! Mojca

My'scardcorner said...

Cute image and lovely backing paper Mina goes so well.Know what you mean about children mine never left my side when they were young.
Myrax

KraftyKoolKat said...

This card is adorable Mina. Gorgeous colouring and layout.

The children of today are so rude and cheeky, and to be honest at times I am frightened to tell them off as you hear so much in the news of pensioners being attacked. The teachers do not give them anything to follow the way the go to school dressed and getting the pupils calling them by their first names. My rant over. Lol!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Dianne said...

Another beautiful card Mina, she is colored so pretty, your right to rant, sadly most parents don't teach their children, they don't have the time, don't want to argue so give in,I too wouldn't let my children roam free it's scary..Anyway have a great day and thanks for sharing all...

KandA said...

Such an adorable image Mina and I love your bow xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

Hanneke said...

What a darling card, such a sweet image and I love the DP and sentiment. Hugs, Hanneke

Debbie said...

Such a cheek eh.Good for you dearie.Your stories do make me chuckle - bless you.Stunning card with really lush papers.Hugs Debbie x

coops said...

gorgeous card mina.adorable image and your papers and colours are really pretty :D

xx coops xx

Joy said...

Oh my just adorable, love all the soft colours on this beautiful card.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Hugs
JAyne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...