Wednesday, July 25, 2012

first of many I think....

Good morning everyone I hope your all well and having a great week...wow the weather here yesterday was brilliant and last night there was the most intense sky I have ever seen, it actually looked like it was on fire, of course after spending about 15 minuets watching it in awe, Phil says did you take a photo...oops I was enjoying it to much and totally forgot, if its the same tonight I will get one to show you all...I have put my first ever mood board below, I know its kinda pointless because I cant show you the kitchen yet but you will get a gist of what I'm heading for I think...be kind its my first one ever lol...my card for today is for our new challenge at Crafts and Me challenge, the theme this time is Anything Goes so why not have a go and don't forget you don't have to use a Crafts and Me image for the challenge either...I used this beautiful Sara Burrier image called Larkspur, I don't think shes in the shop just yet but should be in the next few days...shes stunning to colour and I coloured her with a darker skin tone than normal...I still don't think I have the knack of colouring darker skin tones yet but I will work on it...I used my normal distress inks for her and teamed her up with some of my favourite Bazzill Basics 6x6" Multipack - Vintage Marketplace I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, I love love love these papers...I finished my card with some lush cream and pink gingham ribbon and bow and a couple of punched butterflies...the fab sketch is from the Willow Sketchie Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Creative Craft Challenge and the Stamp Man challenge too

well whats you thought on my mood board, I love vintage white furniture and ladder back chairs...and I know the shoes are a bit random but I love that pattern on them...I saw some Kath Kidston cushions in the garden centre we went to on Sunday and that's what gave me the idea of the red and grey scheme...another crafting day today and then I have all the boxes made up that Phil brought home from work so I guess I need to pack some of them so at least I feel like I have done something this week lol...whatever your up to today I hope you have a bright sunny one and when you have time dont forget to pop on over to the Crafts and Me challenge to see what the rest of our fab team came up with
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, vintage photo, tatered rose
hair - frayed burlap
clothes - spun sugar, tumbled glass, shabby shutters
flowers - tumbled glass

34 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Mina....gorgeous card the image is coloured beautifully and I love your layout. Caroline xxx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

What a beautiful image Mina and you have coloured her beautifully! Love the papers and ribbons and the butterflies are sooooo pretty! Your mood board is looking fab! Your chairs are very similiar to the first dining set I had when I was first married in 1971 except the seats were bright orange in pvc - very trendy then I assure you! Love the grey and red together xx

cheryl said...

oh gosh this is just gorgeous hun,love the beautiful image coloured to perfection as always and oh i love those papers and that gorgeous ribbon,hugs Cheryl xx

Irene said...

Me liky all of it, your lush card and your absolutely yummie moodboard, go for it Mina!!

xx Irene

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

This is SO beautiful Mina,
Hugs
Chris xx

Christine L said...

Beautiful card Mina.... love those colours!!

Watch our for special news on my blog tomorrow....

Hugs
Christine x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Stunning image and wonderful colour work. Her hair is beautiful and the gloves pick up the pretty green in the lush papers and butterflies.
As for your mood board - FAB! If I could have a new kitchen, I would defo go for this sort of style of furniture. I really like the island especially although my friend who had a kitchen like this said that the wooden counter tops do require a lot of work to keep them looking lovely. Red and Grey is a lovely colour scheme. I especially like the top right plains and stripes, the ginghams and the fabulous large floral in the bottom left. I can't wait to see the final version of the real kitchen when it's done! Hugs, Lesley

Sue said...

Stunning card Mina, such a beautiful image and the colours are gorgeous.

Love the look of your mood board. the colour scheme is fabulous

hugs Sue

My'scardcorner said...

Pretty card Mina and love your accessories. WOW your mood board is right up my street I love it Good Luck
Myrax

Marie-Louise said...

Just beautiful. The fabulous backing paper and great ribbon are perfect for this fantastic image.

Squirrel x said...

Another fabbie card hun - my hair looks like that at the moment! Loving the mood board for the kitchen, if you stick to this it will look stunning! Agree with the comment about wood worktops, in fact our kitchen designer recommended not to have them. Hugs, Sxx

Sue said...

Good morning Mina,your card is so beautiful.The image and colours are fabulous.Love the papers.
Love the colours on your mood board.
Happy packing,hugs Sue xx

Chrissy said...

Oooo..I have so much to say Mina...gorgeous card, I love the papers and that image is beautiful.I love your colouring and the darker skin is beautiful..and I love the pale pink colouring on her dress...and I love those shoes...fabulous mood board..I want those shoes..fabulous colour combo for your kitchen...SOLD..

Luv CHRISSYxx

rachel said...

stunning image Mina and I love love love those papers too! Hugs Rachel xx

Unknown said...

wow another superb card love the colours ...everything is just so perfect hugs sassyx

Anonymous said...

beautiful card!
Lovely butterflies.

coops said...

so stunning mina.she is so beautiful and i love your soft colours.
your mood board looks fantastic, i can`t wait to see your kitchen now :D

xx coops xx

kelly ledder said...

Gorgeous card Mina, and that mood board is fab! Thanks for joining in at Willow Sketchie this week.

Kelly x

Tracey T said...

Another lovely card, Mina - your colouring is always so beautiful. Love the mood board, too. If it helps, I've got similar units to those in your picture although mine all have solid doors rather than some with glass. They can be a bit of a bugger to clean but that's mostly because I have a dog who likes to shake mud everywhere. I would definitely go for an island unit. I had one put in when I had the kitchen done and wouldn't be without it. Mine is solid to the floor and has shelving down on side for my cook books. I also had a double power socket put into the island and I'm so glad I did - it's so handy. I would have liked wooden work surfaces but was told they were hard to keep looking nice. I've got granite which was expensive at the time but it polishes up beautifully - or it would if I spent more time doing housework!! Love the gingham too. Can't wait to see the finished result! Hugs, Tracey x

Tammy said...

Very pretty card Mina, fabulous background and coloring! Love the sweet butterflies!
Mood board looks good, red is a brilliant color for a kitchen, you will always be happy being there!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful card and you did a great job with the darker skin! I tend to make all my images pasty white like myself. I'm loving your mood board!!

heidy said...

What a beautyful card Mina!
XXX Heidy

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! Love the papers and the wonderful image! Fantastic coloring, of course! I love your mood board! The colors and patterns are beautiful!

Sonia said...

Oh Mina what a beautiful romantic card:)Well done dear creative friend!
Hugs,
Sonia

Renee B. said...

Simply stunning card Mina..gorgeous image that is colored to perfection...as always!
I love your mood board too...my home is all "country"...which just seems right since I live in the country! Love the red & white theme.
Hugs, Renee

Margreet said...

Love your colouring and pastel papers, Mina...love your take on the sketch...thanks for playing with Willow Sketchie!
xxx Margreet

cotnob said...

This is such a pretty card Mina, lovely papers and fab image.
Thank you for joining us at Willow Sketchie this week.
Pauline
x

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card love the image and your gorgeous paper-great mood board too
carol x

ChrisAndCat said...

What a fab card, love your colouring.

mags said...

Super card Mina. The image is gorgeous and love the papers and fab butterflies.
Your mood board is wonderful. So love the colours red and grey together.
Mags
x

Turtle In The Sand said...

Her skin is gorgeous and I love the color combination you selected for her clothes. Love the mood board selections. I have to say that those shoes don't look too comfy for cooking. Hugs, Linda

Janette said...

Oh Mina, so gorgeous and that mood board is brilliant.xx

Mau xx said...

Wow! Love the card Mina, the image is stunning and coloured beautifully as always xx
Love the mood board, the red & grey are a sure winner I love it.
How exciting is this!!! can't wait to see the rooms as they take shape xx
Hugs mau xx

Nikbee said...

A pretty card. Lovely papers. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...