Saturday, July 07, 2012

Tropical holidays are calling...

Good morning everyone I hope you all have something fabulous planned for this weekend...poor Phil has to go into work for a few hours so I dont think we will be up to much but Im hoping to get a visit to my local craft sorted because I need ribbon for the invitations...the lace arrived for them but not the one we chose that didnt arrive so I had to order a much cheaper back up lace, but its much nicer than I thought...the other one I ordered four weeks ago never got here, my poor neice was beside herself but we managed to fin the one that arrived and they will look just as gorgeous...oh btw we went to see a house last evening, stunning place needed decorated and a few 'us' touches but just perfect but...just a bit out of our price range maybe even with negotiating, I knew we shouldnt have went to see it, we loved the old doors and the design of it...but you never know do you...Im rapidly becoming obsessed with houses arent I lol...right now onto my card for today...how beautiful is this Hannah Lynn image from Crafts and Me...shes called Sadie's Dragon and is a dream to colour, I think my mojos back as I enjoyed making this card so much...I coloured her with distress inks and used this amazingly stunning paper from Graphic45, dosent it remind you of holidays?. Its from their Tropical Travelogue Collection and is called Garden Isle...I finished with a rich blue ribbon and a Prima flower, I didnt think it needed anything else, do you?...the fab sketch is from Creative Inspirations challenge and Im also entering it for the Cards with Attitude challenge and Chocolate, Coffee & Cards challenge...right Im off to get the war paint on in the hope Phil gets home early enough for the craft shop visit...whatever your up to today I hope you manage to fit in some crafting too
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - black soot
dress - victorian velvet, stormy sky
headband - victorian velvet
dragon - scattered straw, shabby shutters

24 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous Mina, those eyes are transfixing...beautiful colouring...but..no colouring for me today, and no spending at the craft shop either, as I bought myself a new car today..a cute little thing in olive green...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Margreet said...

Wow, Mina, this is a real eyecatcher!...fab colouring!
xxx Margreet

rachel said...

beautiful image Mina and I love what you've done with those papers! Hugs rachel xx

tilly said...

what stunning papers,it certainly does not need anything else, fab colouring as per usual lol, have a good weekend,
I have people in and out all weekend as Mum is 98 today, done a mass of baking yesterday, so very busy
Tilly

Riet said...

So gorgeous card,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marie-Louise said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

Christine L said...

Beautiful colouring on this fab HL image Mina... altogether gorgeous! Hope your house-hunting goes well... don't remember reading why you're moving??!

Hugs
Christine x

Cyprus Anne said...

Gorgeous Mina. As to the house if you really love it's worth an offer, they can only say no. Depends on how long it's been on the market and how desperate they are to sell. Good luck.

Anne

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Mina what a fabulous image love it, and those papers are truly tropical remind me of the cocktails I was drinking last night (perhaps a tad too many judging by my headache this morning). I hope you make an offer on this house, in this market you never know - fingers crossed!! x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Super pretty card, Mina! Good luck with the house!!! Hugs, Lesley

Sue said...

Stunning card Mina, such a gorgeous image and coloured so beautifully. Wonderful paper and the flower finishes it off perfectly

Hope you have a great weekend
Hugs Sue

Michelle J M said...

This is gorgeous Mina! The background is perfect for the image. Michelle x

Tammy said...

Lovely card, awesome background!

Sue said...

Hiya Mina,stunning card with fabulous colours.
Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs Sue xx

Sonia said...

WOWWWW Mina,what's a lovely image perfect colouring:) The paper used is really beautiful!
Kisses,
Sonia

Kara Lynne said...

Wonderful coloring. I love the background paper matting the image. Great choice of papers, this image can take the boldness.

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Mina what fabulous papers and flowers and your image is delightful well done Hugs Elaine

crafty-stamper said...

stunning card and image and love papers are gorgeous love graphic45 catching up with Tim Holtz?
carol x

mags said...

Beautiful card Mina. Stunning image and colouring and the papers are gorgeous.
Mags
x

Mona Evy said...

Wow, beautiful card Mina! Love the image and your colouring. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations Wedensdays Challenge

coops said...

so stunning mina.she is gorgeous and i love your tropical colours and paper :D

xx coops xx

Lorraine said...

Fab coloring of that pretty image, Mina! Can't wait to see the invitations - I know you'll rock it!

Barbara said...

Mina, sensational card! I love the bright colors in the dp and the image just pops right off the background!

ChrisAndCat said...

How unusual - love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...