Wednesday, October 03, 2012

someone slap me...

Good morning one and all, how are you all...you gave a real belly laugh last night reading all your stories of your mishaps too and it made me feel I'm not the only one who goes out in odd earrings lol...loved Coops story about the shoes...I had a friend who went out in two different shoes but one was flat and one had a heel and she didn't notice until she got out of her car lol...thank goodness I haven't quite reached that stage so far...I was all set for a crafting day then like a bolt of lightening remembered I still had the menus for my Nieces wedding to do...would you believe it took me 6 hours to print all the components and I still have to put them all together all 100 of them, that menu is imprinted on my mind now, if you see me agree to do something like this again one of you please slap me lol...then I remembered I hadn't done my challenge card for Crafts and Me...so many apologies for the shockingly bad colouring, you can really tell I did it in a hurry...so slapped hands for me and I will stand in the corner until I start to remember things...I may be some time lol...anyway onto my rushed card for our new challenge at Crafts and Me challenge, our theme this time is to use a sentiment on your card and I used this beautiful Crafts and Me Sara Burrier image called Morning Glories but I enlarged her and cut of the bottom of the flowers...I coloured her with my usual distress inks and used a scrap of a Basicgrey paper I found while moving, I love the faded greens and yellows of it don't you but I don't know which collection its from...I finished with some lush gold knotted ribbon, a couple of pins, a scattering of pearls and a stamped sentiment...the lush sketch is from The Sweet Stop challenge and I'm also entering it for the City Crafter challenge and A&T Emerald Faeries challenge too...I'm off out with my Dad today as I need more ink for my printer and am still looking for shoes for the wedding (dont worry I will buy my Dad a coffee while I shop for them I wont make him go around with me)...this outfit is never ending, is it just me or is everyone like this for a wedding outfit....its so hard to decided...whatever your up to today have a great one and if anyone mentions weddings to you give them a slap from me lol
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap, antique linen
outfit and wings - crushed olive, antique linen, scattered straw
flowers - scattered straw, crushed olive, shabby shitters
flute - antique linen

17 comments:

Sandy said...

Gorgeous card Mina, LOL my daughter is getting married in December and I am doing the invites, hopefully with some help for the wording, we haven't started yet and I ended up with two outfits but still need shoes!!! Just bought another outfit yesterday to wear to my nephew's wedding which is this month!
Sandy

tilly said...

love the large trumpets on these flowers, glad you are feeling better, and hope you find the shoes
Tilly

Jackie said...

Another gorgeous card Mina, you always use such lovely colours :o)
Jackie xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous image and card Mina.
I have to write things down now my brain is that addled.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs Sue x

Sonia said...

Fantastic image dear Mina^_^Your card is fabulous^_^
Hugs,
Sonia

My'scardcorner said...

This is lovely Mina love the image and the backing yourve used Enjoy your day with Dad
Myrax

rachel said...

its a beautiful card Mina - the colouring is just perfect! hugs Rachel xx

Mojca said...

Waw this is so beautiful. I love the sentiment and just gorgeous colors. Hugs! Mojca

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

so stunning mina.beautiful colouring of the sweet image and i love your papers ;D

xx coops xx

belldoubleyou said...

Oh dear, that is quite a lot of menus. Why do these things always seem to take more time than we think they will?

You may think your coloring looks rushed, but it looks perfectly lovely to me; the colors of the Distress markers work really well with the rest of the card, too.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation, just love the colour!

Thank you for sharing with us at Emerald Faeries, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Ros Crawford said...

This is beautiful Mina ... perfect for the challenge ... love the image ... Many thanks for playing at CCCB

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card Mina!! Love the image and your coloring ! Thank you for shaing your beautiful card this week at CCCB :-)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Mina. Such a sweet image. Love the monochromatic colors... the paper and embellishments are so pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Janice M said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!

Safdar Ali said...

This is super cute. What a beautiful design. Love the colors and that image is absolutely gorgeous. Also love the CAS style design like Clear Cards. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...