Monday, July 08, 2013

back with a flourish of pink and white...


Good morning everyone did you miss me?...did you notice I was gone lol...well I'm back from our little break, we had a fantastic time and would you believe only had one day of rain...wow is that some kind of record I wonder lol...well what did you all get up too in my absence? anything exciting or spectacular, go on spill the bean.  County Wexford is one of Ireland's most stunning counties I think...its very like Devon and lots to do and see too...and strawberries everywhere you look in fact after a six hour epic car journey down there when we arrived we couldn't drive to our hotel as the annual Strawberry festival was in its last throws and the finish was in full swing right beside the hotel but with a bit of canny Galaxy tablet GPS manoeuvring we finally managed to get to the car park and find a space dumped our bags and headed to the celebrations...brilliant street market with food, music and celebrations...I was a bit miffed Phil wouldn't let me get my face painted but we enjoyed it anyway lol...when we finally crashed into bed that night despite a couple of hotel disappointments which I will tell you about tomorrow we were shattered but content...I have loads and loads of photos but will only put you through a few I think you will like so don't panic lol...right now enough waffling and onto my card for today which is for our new monthly Challenge at Bunny Zoe's...this month the theme is Pink and White, I love this colour combo don't you...for my card I used this oh so gorgeous stamp from the Magnolia Special Moments collection she's called Tilda with Little Hat isn't she so so sweet (shes on sale atm too)...shes coloured with distress inks I masked her up and stamped a frame from the Kaisercraft Clear Stamps - Miss Empire Frames set and cut them both out, the sentiment I used on on of the tags is from the same stamp set too, the lush papers and tags are from the Teresa Collins 6x6" Paper Pad - Summer Stories...I added a white satin ribbon bow and finished with a gorgeous flower from the Prima Flowers Perle Bebe - Almanac pack and a scattering of Flat Backed Pearls...everything except the ribbon is from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I made the sketch up as I went along but am entering this for the No Matter Which Challenge, Addicted to Stamps Challenge and The Ribbon Girl Challenge too...when I went into my craft room last night to make a couple of cards for this week the images I had pre coloured before going away had been sitting in the sun and were so faded I could harder see them duh lol...so its back to the drawing board...I might not have a card made for tomorrow but if I haven't I will probably bore you to bits with some holiday photos and some tales so be warned lol...whatever your up to today I hope you manage to enjoy some sunshine
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - black soot
dress, hat and gloves - spun sugar, black soot
shading - pumice stone
flowers and leaves on frame - spun sugar, victorian velvet, peeled paint, shabby shutters

15 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful sweet card.
Gr Elly

AnyOldCraft said...

Beautiful card Mina I love the background.
It sounds like you had a whale of time :)

KandA said...

Fabulous card Mina. Glad you had a good holiday and I'm looking forward to hearing about it xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

caroline said...

great card Mina so pretty,
glad you had a lovely holiday, i think it does you good to get away for a while.
carn't wait to see your photo's all sounded really lovely.
take care
caroline x

MA-MI said...

It's so lovely! My fave part is how you frammed Tilda. Hugs, Maja

Mojca said...

Oh the card is totally gorgeous, love the cute Tilda! I am glad that you had a lovely time, can't wait to see the pictures. hugs! Mojca

Adriana said...

Good to read you've had a fantastic break.You've masked Tilda so perfect in that nice frame!!! I'ts a very beautiful card!

mags said...

Gorgeous card Mina and love the little frame around the image. Glad you had a good time. Will look forward to seeing some photos.
Mags
x

Turtle In The Sand said...

I like this soo much Mina. Pink pearls and satin lace. Stunning. Welcome back hon. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

coops said...

so beautiful mina. really pretty design and image and your colours are gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

KathR said...

Absolutely Beautiful Card Mina , love the pale shade of the pink you have used..love your use of distress inks as a colouring medium..
Hugz Kath...xx...

Candy said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Mina!!
Hugs, Candy

JenniferD said...

Wow what a clever concept! Looove your colouring and great colours! Thanks for joining us at NMWC!

Sol said...

Beautiful Soft look to the card.. Great Colors.. and I love your idea of framing Tilda!.. She is also colored Beautifully! :o)
Thank you for joining us at ATSC! Hugs Sol :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...