Monday, May 06, 2013

fresh as a spring morning...


Good morning everyone, I'm back did you miss me then? lol...I'm refreshed and back to creating...I went into my craft room while Phil was at our Daughters fixing her lawn mower yesterday morning and before I knew it, it was 4pm, I missed the whole day and we didn't get to the garden centre at all oops...never mind though Phil's off today and it will probably be a bit quieter shopping today...sounds like a plan doesn't it?, but you know what we are like, plans are meant to be broken or at least bent...Phil did get loads of little jobs done around the house between making me cups of tea, so double result...I came out onto the decking later and all the pots from the shed are lined up ready to be filled...do you think he was hinting lol...we decided to fill them with loads of flowers of different colours for a cottage garden sorta look and we have a huge pot which I quite fancy a Japanese Maple for...to add some height and different texture...do any of you own one?, if you do what do they grow like in pots?...I wish I could find my garden encyclopedia, I haven't seen it since we moved...that's what happens when there's more than one person unpacking lol...right now onto my card for today, how bright and fresh is this beautiful Mo's Digital Pencil cutie...shes the beautiful April, only the super talented Mo could draw this stunner...I printed her a bit softer in grey, it looks quite pretty and faded doesn't she...I used my usual distress inks and some of the gorgeous bright papers from the Echo Park - Sweet Girl 6x6 Paper Pad, its a beautifully colourful pad and perfect for spring or summer cards dont you think?...I finished with some pink string, a gorgeous bow made from Organza Ribbon - Sunflower (25mm Wide) and a Prima flower, the paper and ribbon are from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the fab sketch is from Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Challenges 4 Everybody Challenge and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge too...right I'm off to get ready for the garden centre...book, notes and lists in hand so I don't make any expensive mistakes or buy anything I cant pronounce lol...whatever your up to today I hope you can enjoy a lovely garden day too
Mina xxx

20 comments:

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous card Mina. Love the cheery colours and as always your colouring is divine! Hugs, Wends x

ellyscard creatief said...

Gorgeous card Mina.
Gr Elly

Juls said...

so sweet!! Hugs Juls

Linda . J said...


Love your card Mina, all the details are so fabulous, so beautifully coloured.
Hugs Linda

caroline said...

lovely card Mina, see your mojo just needed a short break, don't we all.
I had a Japanese Maple but it got too big for the big pot it was in so Neil took it to work at the community Hospital and they have it in the garden there. It took quite a while before it got too big for where i had it in the yard.

hope that helps
caroline x

Mojca said...

Oh the card is just gorgeous Mina! Just adore the pretty image and gorgeous colouring. My mum has a Japanese Maple in her garden but not in pot, but it is just such a gorgeous bush tree, so I think definitely you should give it a go. Hugs! mojca

mulberry station said...

What a beautiful breath of spring. Your card is stunning. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Stunning card,
love it,
hugs TaMara

Heide said...

So pretty, love the softness of the image and the he bright papers. Great work. Happy to have you with us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Vicky said...

Simply gorgeous hun...and I so love your pretty layout too...:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.beautiful papers and flower and i love the sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Kathie said...

Hi Mina, what a pretty spring feeling card. I know your looking forward to a lovely summer but here in New Zealand it's the start of Autumn and leaves everywhere but not cold at all. Love your colours you've used and this cute image from Mo Manning and your flower embellishment is so pretty. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Joanna M. said...

Absoluuuuutly darling! Love your colors and that image is too cute! Thanks for getting sketchy with us this week over at SSW.
~Jo, SSW-DT

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

Linda Anderson said...

This sure is adorable! Such a sweet image and fabulous papers! Makes me think summer! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

KandA said...

This is adorable Mina. Such a sweet image looks fab with the papers and that lovely flower xx

Jeannie said...

This is so adorable and I love the color combo! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sally Dube said...

Oh Mina, what a SWEET image!! Adorable card!! So glad you played along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
Blessings to you!!
Sally SSW-DT

Sharon Basel said...

This is stunning Mina. You always do the most beautiful cards with the MM images. I love the papers on this one. So glad you could join us at SSW!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Miradormakings said...

Fabulous card and i love the image. Thank you for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

Joan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...