Tuesday, May 21, 2013

the great tomato debate...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well and having a great week...the weather was desperate again here yesterday...dull, grey and very very windy...my poor plants are getting battered too bits...its so bad Phil has taken to covering his tomato experiment with plastic in the hope it doesn't shrivel up and die...oh did I tell you about the great tomato debate?...we were at the garden centre a few weeks back if you remember and Phil wants to start growing tomato's...I said I thought it should be all about the taste and doesn't matter the size, shape or yield etc...Phil said he thought a bigger one would be better and one with a higher yield...I know fascinating isn't it, you can see how exciting our conversations are cant you lol...anyway we are having an experiment we have bought three kinds to see what does the best and has the best taste...I will keep you all informed that's if your all still awake lol


right now onto my card for today...Sugar Nellie is having a Leanne Ellis Spotlight week and I got to use this stunning haunting Leanne Ellis stamp for mine...this is the beautiful Pick Me and I coloured her with my distress inks and paper pieced her pretty little dress...I finished my image with some Pumice Stone distress ink distressing it to give a faded look to her...I'm not quite sure it worked but it seemed like a good idea at the time lol...the beautiful papers are from the  Echo Park's Victorian Garden paper pad. I only had these few sheets left as its an old pad from a while back...I loved the faded colours don't you...I edged the papers with distressing in the same way as the image too...I finished my card with some fab black lace, a black satin ribbon bow and a few pearls...the lush sketch is from the Sketch and Stash Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge and the Joanna Sheen Challenge too...keep popping by the Sugar Nellie blog all week for some stunning makes from my team mates, they are so super talented...wow did you see Pats yesterday?...I'm having another crafting day today as I'm still playing catch up...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - antique linen
dress flowers - black soot
rose - victorian velvet, shabby shutters
shading and distressing - pumice stone

11 comments:

Loopylou. said...

oooh mina this is gorgeous!! I am so happy that I have you on facebook now so don't miss your gorgeous posts!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Naomi Johnson said...

Lovely. I adore the papers! simply gorgeous. Naomi x

Unknown said...

Great image and lovely card. Papers are beautiful xx I love home grown tomatoes, nothing ever tastes as good....my mum used to grow them on her patio (sadly she's no longer with us). She went on holiday one year and there was one just ripening which she said I could have as I was going in and watering her plants....but the bloke that cuts her grass helped himself to it before I got there...I was devastated lol Hope you have better luck with yours xx

KandA said...

Super card Mina, fabulous papers and such a lovely image.
I used to grow tomatoes and remember one year trying a yellow plum tomato - mmmm tasted so delicious and got plenty on the plant too xx

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Stunning card,
love it
papers are gorgeous,
hugs Tamara

Mojca said...

Waw so pretty Mina, really pretty image and papers. Oh my dad always makes a little tent out of plastic that covers the tomatoes and since there's been a lot of hail it keeps them safe and they grow really great. I live in a flat so I'll try to grow them myself this year in a big pot :)))) that should be interesting. will report how it goes ;) hugs! Mojca

Riet said...

So beautiful card Mina.


Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

so stunning mina.beautiful stamp and I love your soft colours :D

xx coops xx

Jo Rice said...

Beautiful card with a lovely image....Perfect for our Challenge. Thank you for joining us over at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Blog Challenge..Jo. X

NGCARDS said...

Lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Joanna Sheen! xxx

Janet - aka stacky said...

Gorgeous card I love the image and how you have paper pieced her dress.Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Sketch n Stash x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...