Tuesday, February 11, 2014

splish spash...


Good morning everyone I hope your all well and happy...now own up who left the tap on over Britain...go on own up...how shocking is all this rain, it tipped from the sky not ordinary rain but bouncing off the roads, the only time I have seen similar was a tropical storm in Barbados...then after all that rain snow started then rain again which of course turned into sleet...ten minutes later we are tucked up in the house and the sun is beaming through the windows...what on earth is going on is the world ending... all those poor people in the floods in England my heart goes out to them, I watched them on TV kast night and one young man who had only bought his house last week was knee deep in water and struggling to use a bucket to get rid of it he burst into tears and I just wanted to give him a hug the poor young fella...I hope you havent been touched by all these horrendous floods and your safe and dry...right now enough weather ranting from me and onto my card for today...this sparkly beauty is from Sugar Nellie and is a stamp by Leanne Ellis of course...shes called Mermaid...I used my usual distress inks for colouring and added loads of Stickles Glitter Glue - Star Dust...I teamed her up with more of the lush Basic Grey Fresh Cut 6" x 6" Paper Pad from Bunny Zoe's Crafts..the ribbon is another of those 'never throw things away that might be useful' things...its from a perfume box I think...dont you just love it when you use something you have saved for a rainy day...I finished with a metal rose charm I bought ages ago at a local shop...the fab sketch is from the Seems a Little Sketchy Challenge and Im also entering it for the Challenges 4 Everybody Challenge and the Crazy 4 Challenges Challenge too...Im off to my craftroom today to hide from all the rain...whatever your up to today stay dry and safe
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - antique linen
star - shabby shutters
tail - worn lipstick
shell - tumbled glass
shading - pumice stone

11 comments:

Kay said...

Gorgeous Mina! A sweet topper and I love the frame around it.I love the paper too. So summery.
Kay Xx

Sammy said...

So gorgeous Mina! LOVE her Stickled tail :-)

We've been so very lucky here in Leeds. The weather has been very mild compared to everywhere else. More rain and wind than is usual for this time of year, but nothing like what's happening down south! My heart goes out to them all. x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Mina. A fab image and I love the pretty papers.
Lorraine x

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card Mina.
Love the pretty papers.
Gr Elly

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a beauty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Challenges 4 Everybody.

Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable card! I love the background paper and the sweet mermaid! Thanks for using our sketch and sharing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy!

Turtle In The Sand said...

Love this paper Mina. I looks like a watercolor. Don't like hearing sad stories about the flooding. It breaks my heart. I really feel for the man who just bought his home. Something so happy and now it is so tragic.

Mojca said...

oh I know the wather is really playing with us isnt it! love your pretty card! hugs! Mojca

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card Mina. Love the colours and the design. Hugs Michele x

Linda W. said...

Mina I am so glad you are safe and dry in this weird weather lately. May I say I totally am enamored by your sketch results. I guess I love StarDust Glitter as well! Beautiful! Thx for playing with us at Seems a Little Sketchy, and best of luck in the drawing!

alethea said...

This is gorgeous! Love the sparkle! Thanks for using our sketch at Seems a Little Sketchy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...