Thursday, June 28, 2012

normal service is resumed...

Good morning everyone I hope your all well and having a good week...well when I say normal service I mean theres no hop today so I can have a good chinwag with you all...brilliant news my lovely Dad has a date for his second eye operation isnt that fantastic, its the 1st August and he cant wait...his 80 year mot is going brilliantly isnt it lol...oooohhh I got a lovely suprise on Monday a dozen red roses from my wonderful Phil...why?...'just because' he says...all together now aaaaaaawwwwwww what a wee darling he is isnt he...my Dad is off on his travels again on Monday, I booked his flight yesterday he wukk be away for a couple of weeks again, I love to see him head off, its good for him to do it dont you think, you never know what lifes holds in store for you so go for while you can my lovely Dad...right now onto my card for today well it should have been on yesterday but I didnt want it getting lost before the hop card...its for our new challenge at Crafts and Me challenge...this weeks challenge is Birthdays which is quite an easy one I think as we all need birthday cards dont we...I chose to use the Frenchie Friends Michelle & JoJo digi from Crafts and Me for my card, shes a fab image isnt she, I love her bike...I coloured her with distress inks and used a half page of a Basicgrey Max and Whiskers paper called Clarence, I love the stripes and colours for her, I think it gives her a real french feel...I finished with some lace, a chocolate brown satin bow and a metal flower from Prima...I then added my Birthday girl sentiment using a glittery alphabet sheet for the large one and peel off (yes I know would you believe peel offs lol) for the small one...the lush sketch is from Papertake Weekly challenge but I turned it on its side, Im also entering it for the Paper Makeup stamps challenge and the Try it on Tuesday challenge...Phils off today so we are heading out to lunch and I might even drag him round estate agents (I hear can hear him groan already poor thing lol)...whatever your up to today I hope you dont have flooding like we have here to spoil it, I will be back tomorrow at 9am for our final blog hop day
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
bike - crushed olive
hat and outfit - tumbled glass, scattered straw, wild honey
everything else - barn door, crushed olive, scattered straw
dog - pumice stone

30 comments:

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous card, I love those stripes, great colours.
I hope I am still as active as your dad when I get to 80 :o)
Jackie xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jacqui's little piece of England said...

What a great card those stripes go so well with that image and I must say I really like that image as well

jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Mina, adorable image.
luv
Debby

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Good for your Dad. Enjoy life while you can. Gorgeios card, love that sweet image, so pretty.

Sue said...

Morning Mina,gorgeous card,love the paper and image.
That's great news for your Dad,August is so close for him.
Have a great day with your lovely Hubby.
Hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

Stunning card Mina, the image is gorgeous and coloured so beautifully with lovely warm colours.
Good news about you dad, that's not too long to wait.
Hugs Sue

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Mina, image, colouring,design..all gorgeous.

Good on your Dad, make hay while the sun shines, thats a good motto..and using it myself with 'My Lady'...

Luv CHRISSYxx

My'scardcorner said...

Oh I love this image Mina and youve used it beautifully. Good news for your Dad hope all goes well
Myrax

Marie-Louise said...

Another fantastic card. Love the image and the perfect backing paper.

Unknown said...

Love your card. I think your Dad is brilliant... I hope I am that interesting and active when I am 80!!!!
Hugs
Kim
x

rachel said...

stunning image Mina - and I love the colours in the paper - brilliant choice! Hugs Rachel xx

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Gorgeous card, Mina. You allways seem to get your cards look totally amazing without using a ton of embellies on. I just love that about your cards. As usual you have coloured this sweet image to perfection. Love the soft colours against the rough backing paper. Great combo. Love it. Hugs...Mona

Tammy said...

Fantastic news for your Dad and you have a terrific husband! Pretty card today, love the image.

Sonia said...

Fabulous card and very very very very beautiful image:)
Hugs,
Sonia

coops said...

so stunning mina.i love this beautiful image and your rich colours are gorgeous ;D

xx coops xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Gorgeous Mina love the papers and adorable image. Enjoy your roses!!

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Mina, hope I can still bob around and be so wanted when I'm your Dads age, he sounds fabulous.xx

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! I love the papers and the beautiful image! You've colored it wonderfully! Fantastic news for your Dad! And what a sweet hubby you have! Enjoy your day!

Lau W said...

Oh super news for your dad :-)) and you have a super Phil ! :-))
Your card is beautiful as always !
xxx

rosie said...

gorgeous card. fab image x

Andrea said...

Hi Mina - this is such a gorgeous card - I love the image and the way you've made her hair 'shine', and the metal flower is so pretty.
Love, Andrea xx

Brenda said...

wow. your card is very nice. love the colors and lay out.
Brenda

pinky said...

Your dad is some pup Mina!! But your hubby takes the biscuit, can I trade with you lol. Loving your gorgeous card today. What a sweet image.

Grenouille Greetings said...

She's a beauty, Mina! Hugs, Lesley

Shelby said...

Awesome coloring and just love how you have the stripes going in different directions...looks too cool.

Shelby

Maris said...

lovely card Mina xx

Henna said...

Loving your card :) Beautiful colouring and fab papers to go with it!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful coloring of that fab image, Mina! I love her hair! and wow, you dad really is a jet setter! I hope I am that active in my 80s, lol! And yay for Phil being sweet to ya!

Unknown said...

Isn't she lovely what a fabulous card Mina well done Hugs Elaine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...