Saturday, April 23, 2011

Did you wonder where this had gone to??? - Colour Create challenge - Liz' choice Pink, Blue and Brown

Good morning everyone do you have anything exciting planned for this Easter weekend...Phil's away at the motorbikes marshaling again this weekend so I don't think I will be up to much, it was fantastic to spend the afternoon with my Dad yesterday he looks so well and has a bit of a tan too even though he was only in England, hes a real sun worshiper though just a hint of sun and hes out in the garden, he had a fab time but while he was away in Belfast before he flew to England he was at a restaurant with my Sister and someone reversed into the side of his new car...but at least she was very polite and even waited until they came out of the restaurant to tell them so she didn't spoil their meal, but its all going to be sorted out by the insurance companies and it could have been a lot worse at least no one was hurt, but my Dad had a few moans anyway...right onto my card for today, did anyone wonder where this had gone too...well because of the blog hop I had to keep it until today to show you...this is for our new challenge at Colour Create challenge, this time is the wonderful Liz's choice and she chose Blue, Pink and Brown

this is a fab choice isn't it and the added option is to either use the cracked glass method or acetate on your card...I used acetate, I bought this sheet of Kanban glittered acetate last year at the NEC, the gorgeous cutie image is from Mo's Digital Pencil and called Alice Jumping Rope, look at look on her little face...I coloured her with distress inks, the lush blue papers are from the Whiff of Joy 6x6 paper pad from Bunny Zoe's crafts, I finished with some fantastically drool worthy chocolate coloured satin and a couple of blue and pink offcuts of ribbon, the sketch I made up as I went along and I'm entering this for the Totally Gorjuss Bling it on challenge and the Cute Card Thursday No Text challenge too...with Phil away I think I will have a mooch round town and see what goodies I can pick up, you never know do you...whatever your up to have a fantastic day everyone
Mina xxx

37 comments:

Jackie said...

I can't plan anything for Easter, I have to work (bottom lip on floor).
What a beautiful card, love the colour choice and the textures :o)
Jackie xx

Lisa Jane said...

Morning Mina.. i am taking my daughter to the airport today - she is of to Malta with my parents .. so a day of packing and driving lol for me .
Love this card .. the sparkle and that butterfly is fab
Lisa x

Exclusively by Mel said...

Morning Mina,
Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog xx
Your card is wonderful! The colours are so lush.
What a great image.
And I think your sketch is so elegant.
Mel. xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Love love love this card Mina! The glittered acetate is stunning and, as always, your way of bringing all the elements together is just perfection. Hope you're having a happy Easter - hugs, Sylvia xxx

Maris said...

great this card, hugs for your father xx

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just stunning,love love that image,and the detail is just amazing,love it,happy easter hun hugs cheryl xxx

Diane said...

This is a wonderful, happy looking card, Mina - what a great image! That blingy acetate was a real find - gorgeous!
I hope you find something yummy at the shops!
Diane x

Елена Яшкова said...

Восхитительно!!!

G Peplow said...

Hello there Mina, WOW you've done it again, it's fabulous. Love the image, Mo's drawings are just magic!
Sad about you're Dad's new car but wasn't the driver civilised, I'm quite impressed. Have a good old mooch around the shops, hope you get something lovely:0) xxx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Beautiful card. Love the colour combo and the image is so sweet. Glad your dad had a good time but wasn't that person decent to wait and tell him she had hit his car. Enjoy your weekend and hope Phil has a good day at the races. Donna

Sue said...

Morning Mina,sorry about the car,soon mended I hope.Love the colours in your card,the butterfly is fab.Very cute Alice.Have a lovely day.
Hugs Sue xx

Anonymous said...

Morning Mina, so glad no one was hurt and that your Dad is ok! I love the card, the ribbon the stamp! Really warm colors!
Have a blessed Easter!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Janette said...

Morning Mina, Glad all is ok with your Dad and he looks well.....

Your card is gorgeous, as always, love that butterfly, so pretty....

Enjoy you day shopping, have a good week-end.xx

Christine L said...

Hi Mina
Beautiful card.... love that glittery acetate..... well you know me, love ANYTHING glittery!
Hugs and Happy Easter
Christine x

Rosietoes said...

sorry to hear about your Dad's car. Thankfully no one was hurt and it can be repaired.

Love the card Mina. Those colours are super together and the image is delightful.

Edna x

angelwhispers said...

Love the card Mina the colours are just lush and loving the acetate!!

Love Chanelle xxxx

Lucky me is off to buy card with my daughter for her wedding stationery!!! Should be fun as we don't agree on most things!! lol

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous card Mina, such a lovely image. I love the ribbon and the blinged up acetate
Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Gorjuss, Bling it challenge.
Hugs Sue x

XxJULESxX said...

wow stunning card Mina!!!happy easter!

Aunty Sue said...

As you say re car could have been worse. Love the image and yummy ribbon. Have a great easter

Marie-Anne said...

What a lovely card.

Marie-Anne

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina, hope your are enjoying your mooching around. I do adore your card and the chocolate ribbon is gorgeous. You always amaze me at how little you use to colour you images but they always look stunning. With hugs Shirleyxxx
Sorry about your poor dads new car, he wont ever feel the same about that car now its been dented believe me.

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, Beautiful colours, stamp, acetate and butterfly. Sorry about your dad's car and glad the lady was good about it all. Hope you find some nice goodies in the shops. Hugs to you, Ellie Maggie x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Ooh fab card. I adore that butterfly, just right for our challenge at TG this week. Thanks for playing. Happy Easter Marianne x

My'scardcorner said...

Such a cute card Mina and love the butterflies. Enjoy the rest of Easter and this glorious weather we are having Im off out into the garden again now.
Myrax

cardmaking bird said...

Beautiful card!! That image is adorable and coloured perfectly and I love that huge chocolate satin bow - looks almost good enough to eat!! Hugs, Marie xx

Davi said...

Wowzer Mina I think this is just Beautiful!! Love the glittered acetate and the sweet cutout image!! Just wonderful as usual;) Have a Happy Easter.

Deb said...

Beautiful card! Glad no one was hurt in the bump!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge!
Have a fabulous Easter Weekend!
Debxx

coops said...

stunning card mina.the image is so sweet and i love your gorgeous colours and beautiful acetate butterfly :D

xx coops xx

Jane said...

Chocolate ribbon, gorgeous butterflies & a cutie stamp...beautiful xxx

Kat said...

Gorgeous card Mina. Love that chocolate ribbon, yummy. That image is so sweet and happy looking. Love it. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat xx

pinky said...

Oh your poor Dad's car, glad he wasn't in it at the time though! Gorgeous card Mina, love the glittered acetate. Happy Easter!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

You are the Scissor Master! Really cute card. I watched a distressed ink video on YouTube. After a couple of attempts, I decided I would never come close to your masterpieces.
Easter Hugs,
Gail

Riet said...

So wonderful card Mina,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sharon said...

Love your card and the blingy bits Mina, thanks for joining in the fun at Totally Gorjuss. x

cowboydutrem said...

That image is so cute... Love the acetate butterflies. Thanks for playing with us at Totally Gorjuss challenge!

Janine - Ellabella said...

Absolutely Amazing and so Gorgeous!!..the image is fabulous...your coloring is Wonderful! Janine

Turtle In The Sand said...

I agree. Love the way you use such soft colors and your cards always pop like a lightbulb going off. Stunning. Sorry about Dad's car. What a bummer when it is just brand new too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...