Thursday, April 28, 2011

The gremlins are still about - Whimsy & Stars new release

Good morning everyone...well those little gremlins are still about, I remade my cards yesterday morning and I have a habit of throwing them on the floor to dry and I stood on one of them...that one has gone in the bin and is not being remade as I cant look at it again lol...then the hairdresser rang me to say she had to cancel as she was sick, so its today the dreaded haircut, lets hope that one goes ahead or I run the risk of going away with hair looking like a busted sofa...good news is that Dads car is being fixed on the 3rd May, the delay is because of all the holidays here but at least he has a date for it, and they will replace the door with a new one so it should look good as new (fingers crossed)...I'm looking forward to dinner this evening though as my Dad and Daughter and her other half are all coming, I love family dinners don't you...my card for today is to show you some of the gorgeous new images from the new release at Whimsy and Stars studio
I combined these three images for my card, aren't they so cute and perfect together celebrating...they are Birthday Wishes Girl, Birthday Chickie and Ballerina Teddy...I coloured them with distress inks, glittered them up to within an inch of their lives and teamed them up with these lush Prima Sparkling Sweet paper pad papers from Bunny Zoe's...the sentiment is from Lily of the Valley I think and I finished with a ribbon and some pearls on their crowns...the sketch is from Sugar Creek Hollow challenge and I'm also entering this for the Spoon Full of Sugar A right royal knees up challenge too (I hope they count as they have crowns on)...I'm trying hard to get some blog hopping done before the weekend but you will have to forgive me if I don't catch up until then as I still have all the posts to schedule yet and pack and shop...ooohhhh who said holidays were a rest lol...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one and keep your fingers crossed for me that the hairdresser is better as the busted sofa look is not good for a woman my age is it
Mina xxx

38 comments:

Tine said...

Hi Mina. Love the sparkly touches and soft tones. So pretty.
Tine :)

heidy said...

Wow ,great card Mina,love the image's together,and as always beautiful colourd!
Good luck with the hairdresser
Hugs Heidy

Larisa said...

Mina, it is so gentle and beautiful))) Great sparkling effect on the card!! The image is so beautiful)))
hugs. Larisa xx

Bernadet said...

great card Mina.I love the colors.
And the image is very lovely

petra,s cards said...

dear mina your card is just fantastic!!!! i realy enjoy it!!!
xx petra

My'scardcorner said...

Great combination of images Mina makes such a pretty card. Good luck with your hairdressing appointment and enjoy your family meal
Myrax

My'scardcorner said...

Great combination of images Mina makes such a pretty card. Good luck with your hairdressing appointment and enjoy your family meal
Myrax

G Peplow said...

Hi Mina, oh what pain for you to have to wait to have it cut all over again. I love having mine cut!
Your card is gorgeous, I seem to say that rather a lot here, I mean it though LOL. Have a great day:0) xxx

Jane said...

Very dainty & sweet today. xx

Jackie said...

Fingers crossed all goes well today Mina!
Your card is so pretty :o)
Jackie xx

tilly said...

Wow, you are not wrong about the glitter........ but I love it lol, 3 cute stamps, I hope you have a dress with flowers like this to take on your holidays.......
Tilly x

Sue said...

Mina you do make me chuckle,naughty gremlins,glad your Dad's card will be fixed and your hair will look perfect.Enjoy your Dinner later,Im off to Wales,so catch you when I get back.Gorgeous card,love this image,very cute teddy.Lovely papers and tag.
Have a lovely day.
Hugs Sue x x

Diane said...

A really clever combination of images, Mina and lovely delicate colours!
Diane x

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

what a cute card is this i love it!
The bear is so sweet!

Linda . J said...

What gorgeous card Mina and in such beautiful colours, love the design.
Hugs Linda

Anonymous said...

Aw.... such a sweet and cute card!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Maris said...

hi Mina, lvoely sweet soft card you made, and those gremlins grrrrrrrrrrr

Exclusively by Mel said...

Oh your card is so sweet!!
I love it, the glitter comment made me laugh!
And as for the busted sofa!
You are funny.
Love, Mel. xx

Lau W said...

Oh so lovely card ! Love all these stamps, so cute ! Love sparkles too, very nice touch !
xxx

cardmaking bird said...

Beautiful Mina. Must go and check out the new collection. Your card is just so pretty and great idea to stamp the LOTV stamp onto patterned paper, haven't done that yet and it looks great! Have a wonderful dinner and w/e. Hugs, Marie xx

angelwhispers said...

Gosh this is superb and such soft pretty colours which look fab with the sparkle!!! Hope you have a great evening Love Chanelle xxx

coops said...

aw this is super cute mina.the image is adorable and i love your soft pretty colours and sparkle.
hoping today goes more smoothly for you and enjoy your family dinner :D

xx coops xx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Really pretty card. Love the soft colours and the image is really sweet. Good luck at the hairdressers and enjoy your family dinner tonight. Donna

Renkata said...

Such a sweet card Mina.

Gail said...

i am loving these new images and will be ordering!!..as always Mina..you did them justice..beautiful..tfs..loves ya

Christine L said...

Beautiful card Mina...... all pink and girly - just right for my liking! Love those images too.

Glad your Dad's card is on it's way to being mended... not long to wait now....... and that you're getting ready for your hols!

Hugs
Christine x

Lisa Jane said...

Have a wonderful dinner with your family .. this card is so cute .. what a great trio
Lisa x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie loving your gorgeous card the image is lush & I love the sparkle. Hope things go better for you hun & hope things go smoothly for the hol. Enjoy your family dinner hun I think they are the most important time of the day sitting round the table discussing whats been happening & how your day has been....nothing like it hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

CHIARA C. said...

dear mina,
i love this card...the image is fantastic and so sweet!!
hugs
chiara

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Mina, this is so adorable Mina, what a delightful trio. Very pretty papers and details especially the sparkles. Hope you all have a lovely family dinner hun, it just does'nt get much better than family enjoying being together does it?

Hugs

Donna x

Unknown said...

These three are all gorgeous together Mina love the layout and Dp is yummy a beautiful make I love it hope you had a lovely dinner with the family and hope your hair cut went ok too!!
Hugs
Sarah x

Sherri said...

Mina,
You keep me laughing. I can't imagine your hair looking like a sofa, but I have had haircuts that made me want to HIDE under one! Your card is beautiful. Love the combination of images. they are just perfect together.
Sherri

Turtle In The Sand said...

So soft and sparkly. You do make beautiful cards even when the gremlins are about!

Tricia T said...

Mina, I *love* your Whimsy and Stars card! I had to come over from Mabelle's blog to tell you so. The soft colors are just lovely and the glitter is the PERFECT embellishment. It looks like a fairy tale!!

Jeni said...

Precious!! Lovin' all your sparkle. ~jeni :)

Michelle said...

oh so sweet - love how you combined all the images! I need to learn how to do that (assuming you used a computer program). I also love your coloring. I must admit that I want to try and learn how to color with distress inks. Your creation is just beautiful!

Sharon Basel said...

Mina this is lovely. The soft muted tones of your card are wonderful - those papers are beautiful together and I like the pearls on the crown. Thanks for sharing this with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Sharon, SCH-DT

Andrea C said...

Now I know about one hundred little girls that would simply squeal at this card x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...