Wednesday, December 14, 2011

a blue haired christmas...

Good morning everyone, I hope the weather is being kinder to you wherever you are, its shocking here, there's gale force winds, one of my fences is bending in it its so strong, snow, hail, rain and just about everything it can throw at us...my lovely Dad was breathless and shattered by the time he struggled from the car to where we went for lunch yesterday and we both couldn't see a thing as our glasses were soaking, no point in struggling with an umbrella, anyway I didn't want my lovely green polka dot umbrella doing an inside out trick on me lol, we had a good natter and spent the afternoon together, I hope it helped him to cope a little better but must admit I had a few tears yesterday, the worst being on the phone complaining about where my TV was and why it hadn't been delivered, the woman on the other end was so nice and apologetic and I for some inexplicable reason just burst into tears, the poor woman thought she had upset me although I'm sure when the call was finished she probably had a few words to her friends about the middle aged tearful nutter on the phone lol...I want to say a huge massive thank you for all your wonderful kind comments yesterday, they made me feel I wasn't as alone as I felt, I'm always in awe of how kind and thoughtful fellow crafters are...your a lovely lot of people and thank you so much...my card for today is for our new challenge at Crafts and Me challenge, this week is the digi teams turn and our wonderful Mona chose the theme of Christmas, I wanted to use a non Christmas image for mine so I chose the stunning Moon Glow by Hannah Lynn coloured with distress inks, I coloured her hair slightly differently this time with grey and blue inspired by this lush glittered Christmas tree paper by Rayher, stunning isn't it...I used a white satin ribbon and finished with another of the amazing Lee's (craftyloops) amazing flowers, this one is a felt rose and the photos really don't do it justice, stunning...I'm entering this for the Stampin for the Weekend challenge, Dutch Dare Card challenge and Cute Card Thursday challenge too...Im waiting in for deliveries again today although Im secretly glad I dont have to brave the elements and feel the urge to do some colouring in the warm too...whatever your up to today stay safe and warm and have a good one
Mina xxx

42 comments:

cheryl said...

hi hun,we have had,bad winds here too set to return,tomorrow even worse they say,anyway hun this is one stunning card love that image and those papers are gorgeous,take care hun,love to you and your dad,hugs cherylxxxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

Hi love - thanks for your lovely comment yesterday .. going to mums for tea tonight and i will give her an extra special hug ..
LOve this card .. the paper is fabulous .. i love the little trees.. and the image so pretty
Lisa x

Chrissy said...

Hi! Mina...your weather sounds terrible, glad you are tucked up playing, and hope your telly comes today. Gorgeous image and colouring on your lovely card today, love the papers too, so pretty.Lovely long eyelashes, wish my stubs were like that....but then my glasses wouldn't fit..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

Morning Mina,hope your TV turns up today,we have slight winds just now,it's gearing itself up I beleive,Oh well.
Lovely card and image,fab colouring too.Hope you and your Dad are ok,It was my Kevs birthday yesterday,so we both had a sad day.
Big hugs Sue xx

tilly said...

Hello Mina, I was missing yesterday but just caught up. pleased you helped your Dad to get through the day together, we have a beautiful but cold day so far, bet it won't last with the promised winds lol,a beautiful card and lee's flowers are just the prettiest! love the paper
Tilly x

Hanneke said...

Hi Mina, thanks for you lovely comment on my blog. I hope the weather will clear up a bit so your fence will not be destroyed! This is such a unique card using that image for Christmas. Love your coloring, makes her look like some Christmas fair. And that flower in her hair matches that felt flower perfectly! Hugs, Hanneke

Jackie said...

A gorgeous card Mina :o)
I hope the TV turns up today, what are they playing at!
Jackie xx

My'scardcorner said...

Hi Mina I bet a few men would like her in their christmas stocking she is beautiful and works well with the christmas backing papers.
Myrax

mariska said...

What a lovely christmas card.

Hugs mariska

Lily Anuska said...

Wow amazing coloring. Merry christmas. Lily Anuska

Lau W said...

Oh your card is wonderful, love the colors !
Here, it's raining and the wind is bad, i hate this weather !
Hope you will have your TV soon !
xxx

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Mina love the card it's gorgeous and papers are lush!!

Carla S. said...

Your weather sounds dreadful, Mina! Hope it gets better soon. Your card is amazing! Love the festive paper and the gorgeous image!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Mina,
I love the design paper. The trees are very colourful. The image is fabulous. Wonderful card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Nannieflash said...

Stunning card Mina, I love how youve coloured her, and your papers are just gorgeous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Janette said...

Well Mina at least she can get away with hair that colour, which is alot more than I can say..lol...don't ask, a long story along time ago...lol...fab card..xxx

Marion said...

Hi Mina,
Stunning card hun and a truly beautiful image.
Weather here is wet and soo windy.
Hope your day is better today.
big hugs
Marion

Margreet said...

Gorgeous card with fab colouring Mina!
The weather overhere is also bad and wet. I just returned from a fantastic vacation in Florida and it was so great and warm there!
xxx Margreet

vickisunshine said...

Love this! The image is very 'art-deco' and beautifully coloured. You're not wrong about the weather - I have to go and brave it now to do a food shop:(
Hugs
Vicki x

Jo said...

Hi Mina, gorgeous card, stunning image and fab paper, too.Weather terrible here today - got drenched twice on school run - think i would rather have snow than the wind we've been having!
Hugs Jo x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card hun loving the colourful paper & of course I adore the beautiful image.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

heidy said...

Oh what a beautiful card Mina!
Glad you spend your day yesterday with your dad!
XXX Heidy

Shazza said...

so beautiful Mina x

RoseC said...

Oh Mina, what a nice surprise to find Moon Glow so perfectly matching that beautiful Christmas tree paper. It's so sweet! Hugz ~ Rose

pinky said...

Oh don't start me on deliveries lol. I hope it comes soon Mina. Love your beautiful card, those papers are just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Mina. Gorgeous image that works so well with the background paper. Love the colours too.
xx

Christine L said...

Beautiful card Mina...... and now I have to write 100 times... 'no i will not buy another image'.....
Big hugs
Christine x

coops said...

so stunning mina.the image is a beauty and i love your soft colouring and lush paper :D

xx coops xx

Michelle J M said...

Gorgeous image and paper, love it! Hugs Michelle x

Crafty Loops said...

Ack Mina, you just had a very emotional day and Im sure the last thing you wanted was to be chasing up a tv delivery! It better come with a box of choccies and a bouquet of flowers after all the upset and running about. Your card is really beautiful and thank you for using my flower too. Lee xx

Sandy said...

Fab papers, a lovely image, she doesn't look old enough to be in the blue rinse brigade, LOL.
Fab colouring,
Sandy

Rufus said...

So glad that you had a good day with your darling Dad. Hope that the weather is a bit kinder to you! In the meantime just stay inside in the warm and craft!
R/

June Nelson said...

Its amazing Mina so beatuiful xxxxx

Miss Emerald said...

Mina, the card is very gentle and magical!

Ally said...

Wow, this is stunning, Mina!! Don't know what to say besides: BEAUTIFUL!!
xxx, Alessandra

Zosia said...

What a lovely elegant look fairy. Beautiful card.

Turtle In The Sand said...

My, my those eyes are beautiful and combined with those tiny little lips, she is quite the cutie. Love that DP too Mina!

vickisunshine said...

Hi Mina, I'm so impressed with this card that I've been and bought the image after seeing it on your blog!
Hope your tv arrives asap!
Hugs
Vicki x

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. This is really beautiful. Love the colours, papers and image. Donna

Juls said...

gorgeous! I love the paper, and your colouring is just amazing, Love the red flower in her hair, .... Love the flower on the card to match. Hugs Juls

Andrea C said...

There is no end to your beautiful cards x

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Hi hunni!
You ar DEFINATELY my fav colourist! I just love the softness of the images you colour. Love the cute paper too. Gorgeous card. I was a bit curious what you had written in the post before this one and i have to say what a nice tribute to your mother. It is so great to have such nice memories of our loved ones. Hope you have gottn your tv:-)
Hugs...Mona

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...