Tuesday, December 21, 2010

a little touch of glittery spring - Lili Of the Valley challenge 77 - sketch by Dena

Good morning everyone how are you all...there seems to be a lot of flues and colds about at the min so I hope your not suffering, I had to start the dreaded supermarket shopping yesterday and even though it was -7 and deep snow the supermarket was packed, I felt like standing in the middle of the shop and shouting its only closed for two days you know as everyone seemed to be buying whatever they could grab, they made my shopping trolley look like I was on a diet (as if lol) and I have to go back again is it just me that doesn't see the logic of having things like a Christmas cheese selection that goes out of date on the 23rd December duh lol...my card for today is a little breath of sparkly spring for a change from Christmas cards and it gave me the perfect excuse to use these stunning papers from Kaisercraft at Bunny Zoe's Crafts these are from the Candy Lane paper pad and the flowers are some from of the same papers, love these fizzy colours they remind me of sweets...I teamed them up with this fantastically huffy Lili of the Valley Its My Party stamp, shes brilliant isn't she and I want a skirt and tiara like hers...ooohhhh and the green boots of course love em...all I needed to finish is some gorgeous pink ribbon from my stash...the sketch is by the super talented Dena over at the Lili of the Valley challenge, loved it Dena...have a wonderful shopping free day everyone
Mina xxx

20 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Love the image Mina .. she is fab! Looks like how i feel about Christmas lol
Lisa ;)

heidy said...

Oh she's gorgeous,Mina,so is your card,those papers are so pretty.
Hugs Heidy

Juls said...

I do Love this image!!!!! Love the bright fresh colours....the sparkly pink flowers are gorgeous as is the ribbon! Hugs Juls

Squirrel x said...

Oh isn't she precious! Simply adorable Mina, and the perfect antidote to another cold and grey day. Beautiful (can't wait to play with mine on Christmas afternoon). Warm hugs, Sxx

Shirley-Anne said...

What a pout!! Gotta smile at that. Hello Mina , Merry Christmas to you and yours .
Love those papers and your fussy cut flowers.

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, love your beautiful coloured and colourful card. So sweet image. Wish you and your family Merry Christmas!
Hugs Ageeth x x

Andrea C said...

yeah we are all loaded with the cold, excellent card x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Mina,
Wonderful card. I love the colours and layout and the little girl really looks as though She has the hump about something.
You sound just like William about the shopping. He goes to the supermarket nearly every day because he says he doesn't see the sense in piling stuff up just to stuff it in a cupboard and forget you've got it.LOl.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Sue said...

Hi Mina,love this beautiful bright card,just what we need with all this whiteness.Looks like some one ate the last fairy cake on her. lol.Gorgeous card.
Hugs Sue xx

Jackie said...

Fab card, I love that stroppy image :o)
I can identify with your shopping experience, I work in Morrisons and the customers were buying like there's no tomorrow. I cannot understand it, we are only closed for 2 days and the other supermarkets are only closed for 1 day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jackie xx

Diane said...

This is one of the LOTV images that I love - it's so expressive! Your card is fabulous, Mina - wonderful colours and colouring!
I know what you mean about the supermarkets and I don't understand why everyone behaves like they're laying in for a seige either!
Diane x

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Mina wow! gorgeous and the flowers are so sweet!!

Lorraine said...

Beautiful spring-y card, Mina! And that image always cracks me up - love it. -7 degrees?! You couldn't pry me out of bed, let alone go shopping. Think I'd starve before facing that kind of cold. Oh and you can have the tiara, skirt & boots - as long as you don't make that face, lol!

My'scardcorner said...

Lovely spring like card love the papers and the image takes me back
great flowers too.
Know what you mean about shoppers no wonder there is so much waste the height of some peoples trolleys.
Myrax

Dena said...

Mina, what a CUTIE! Love the colors and the little flowers that match the papers!!! That word "huffy" fits her perfectly! haha!
Wait...are you tell me the grocery store closes for Christmas for two days? OMG everything is open on Christmas Eve here and there are several open Christmas Day. Wow! I like the idea of them getting those days off. Anyhow..have a wonderful Christmas girlie!
Hugs, Dena

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina this is gorgeous I love the face on this little lass she does remind me so much of our granddaughters when they get a strop on, you can just image what shes saying carnt you? Stunning card and beautiful colouring and design. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Evil Edna said...

nice and spring like, colours and design that are so welcome!EE

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Beautiful card. Love the papers and colours and this image is so cute. Went to the supermarket today and it was so busy. The snow is leaving the roads so bad. Thankfully all the girls are now finished today for Christmas, so no more early mornings. Donna

cheryl said...

amazing card hun the image and papers are just gorgoues,too,
Also wanted to wish you and your family a happy xmas and a wonderful and healthy new year,love hugs cheryl xx

annies place said...

Lovely card Mina,I'm also really hooked on these LOTV stamps,
Have a great christmas & new year, Ann x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...