Saturday, March 24, 2012

beautiful Belle...

Good morning everyone have you got anything exciting happening this weekend...go on tell me I'm dead nosey you know lol...I got a phone call from my Dad yesterday did I fancy a trip out?...how says I, apparently over the last few days he has been taking longer and longer jaunts on his own in the car and he is driving like a dream, sneaky man lol...well we went out and even got to have 'put the world to right' coffee too, hes like a new man, super confident and fascinated at how much he can see and the distance he can see...he said something that made me have a big lump in my throat though, he said every morning he wakes up hes scared to open his eyes in case his eye has gone back to the way it was before.... aaaaaawwwwww I gave him a hug and told him it wont happen now its fixed it will stay fixed and its only a few more weeks before the other is done too...it isn't an urgent case like the last one and he can see with his glasses on fine just in case you think hes driving around half blind, I may be a bit nuts but I'm not nuts enough to get in a car with a half blind man I promise you lol...right now onto my card for today which is using this fabulously gorgeous new Ribonita release sweetie from Sugar Nellie, shes called Belle and is available from Funky Kits...I coloured her with distress inks and added just a hint of glitter (couldn't resist, once I open the glitter glue I have to use it lol), the fab papers are from Basicgrey Marjolaine collection and are called Tuxedo Pie, lush colours aren't they, I dinished with a fab satin ribbon, sentiment, buttons and cut some of the flowers from the paper to finish...the fab sketch is from Sunday Sketch and Stamp challenge and I'm also entering it for the Stamptacular Sunday challenge and Sweet Stampin' challenge too...I'm heading to town today to see if I can get any ideas for an Anniversary present for Phil, I haven't a clue at all so any ideas gratefully accepted...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one
Mina xxx
p.s. if you havent joined in my candy yet you better hurry up today is the last chance it finishes at 12 midnight gmt tonight...good luck everyone

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
dress - tumbled glass, shabby shutters
shoes - shabby shutters
headband and ribbon - stormy sky
shading - pumice stone

25 comments:

Milliesmarvels said...

This is beautiful Mina! Glad to hear your Dad is getting on so well.
Jane
x

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is lovely Mina! The flower and buttons just make it! Judy x

scrapbookertink said...

Hi Mina, I'm in the garden all day going to weed, cut the grass etc. after the winter, think the last time I was out there was October LOL! Your card is delightful and love that stamp, hope you have a great weekend, take care, Doreen x

Jackie said...

Fabulous card, love those stripes and colours. So pleased that your Dad has a new lease of life too. Anything exciting? well I break up tonight for a whole week off work Whooppeeeeeee :o)
Jackie xx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Mina. How lovely and so wonderfully co-ordinated.
Love Sandra xxx

Janette said...

Awww Mina, bless your Dad, fancy thinking that...so glad he is doing well, you must be so pleased....

Love your card, very cute and as always, great DP's...enjoy your week-end.xxx

mags said...

Beautiful card Mina. The image is so cute and love the papers and colours used. So glad to hear your Dad is doing so well.
Mags
x

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina, Gorgeous card today, she is a real cutie!
Great news on your Dad, he sounds like a real sweetheart....
Hope you have a great weekend, I am not doing much , just some housework and crafting. Nothing exciting to report , sorry lol.
Hugs Cheryl

GerganaG said...

beautiful card, sweet girl....

My'scardcorner said...

This is so pretty Mina. So glad to hear your Dads op worked and he has got his independence back.
Myrax

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Mina she is gorgeous! Love the beautiful colour tones and the fabby layout :)

Christine L said...

Fabbie card Mina with gorgeous image.... and I'm just glad I wasn't on the road with your Dad coming the other way BEFORE his op!! LOL

Hugs
Christine x

Nannieflash said...

I know my mum was over the moon when she had her catarachs done its amazing just how bad their eyes have become before they are done.
A stunning card love your papers and that image is so cute anyway and youve done a fabulous job with it. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Mina! Love the papers and how you colored the cutie image! Glad your Dad is doing so well! Enjoy the weekend!

Irene said...

Lovely card, great news from your Dad, anniversary coming up...your life is GOOD Mina!!!!

hugs, Irene

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Mina, what a gorgeous card. I am so pleased your dad is doing so well. I worked for five years as a Medical Secretary to a Consultant Ophthalmologist and it never ceased to amaze me the calls I got from patients saying what a wonder it was to see again. Yes, as you say, as long as your dad's eyesight is good in one eye he's OK to drive. The only problem you might have is when he has both eyes done as you'll never stop him talking about what he can see but that is such a marvel you won't mind that. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Tammy said...

What a sweet dad you have to surprise you with his driving, sparing you the worry.
Love your card and the sweet flower and bow.

Dee said...

So glad that you Dad's a new man, excited everyday with the change in his vision! Happy Anniversary and you will find just the right gift for your husband. Your card is so sweet! I love your choice of colours and papers. And of course, your colouring is wonderful...have a great weekend. I am babysitting two of my grandbabies over night...I am looking forward to that!

coops said...

gorgeous card mina.i really love your colour combo and papers and stunning sweet image :D

xx coops xx

Jayne A said...

Wow gorgeous card.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Mina, such a sweet image and gorgeous colouring.
Your Dad is so lucky to be able to get his eyes fixed...glad everything is turning good for him...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the image. Hope you have a lovely weekend hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Turtle In The Sand said...

Hi Mina. Just had a, as you say, "mooch around" your creations I have missed lately. They are all beautiful as usual, but I do love that cute little dragon and his matching DP and Groovy Baby the best. So glad to hear your Dad is doing well. My Mom is now living with me and has had some adventures lately herself. Have a fabulous time at the farmhouse with your fabulous Phil.

Rufus said...

Such great news about your darling Dad. I hope that ya'll have a great weekend down at the farmhouse. Happy Anniversary to you and your marvelous Phil.
R/

Mau xx said...

A fab card Mina love it xx and even more fab is hearing how well your dad is doing. Hope you and phil have a great anniversary, glad your dad will be there to keep his eye on you.....don't want have to take up knitting again :))
Hugs mau xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...