Sunday, March 18, 2012

Happy Mothers Day - well it makes a change from flowers I guess...

Good morning everyone and Happy Mothers Day to all you Mums out there...I hope you have a fantastic day planned and you get spoiled rotten...and those of you lucky enough to still have your Mums make sure you give her a wonderful day and send her loads of your love....I had a quiet day yesterday and even did more cooking, ok so it was just a pasta sauce but still that's mega cooking for me, I made a mushroom, tomato, garlic and onion sauce and while I was chopping the mushrooms it reminded me of last year in Majorca, we always make some of this sauce to keep on the fridge in case we have had a long day out as it makes a quick meal, so first day there we went scouting for shops and bought the ingredients but couldn't find any mushrooms except those button things that have no taste whatsoever, so we bought a bag of those then hunted in the canned section to see if they had something in tins we could add...we found a huge jar of what looked like brown oyster mushrooms...while I made the sauce Phil was sitting on the balcony and I couldn't for the life of me get the mushrooms from the jar to slice, they just wouldn't cut...so there was a small corner of one in the jar which I popped in my mouth, omg I have never tasted anything like it in my life, it was hard and chewy and tasted like rotten tree bark...now isn't it strange that when we taste or drink something horrible we have to get someone else to taste it to lol...I gave Phil a bit to try and his reaction was so hilarious, you would think I had given him poison lol, needless to say they went in the bin but we did wonder what on earth they were used for, except maybe to sole shoes...right now enough waffled and I know this gorgeous little Mo's Digital Pencil image has a pineapple for you for Mothers Day but I guess it makes a chance from flowers lol...she is called Pineapple Girl and I coloured her with distress inks...the lush paper is another of my hidden gems I found, its another Deja Views Cherry paper, this one is called on one side Flower Medley and the other is Dark Blue (it looks more purple ish to me)...I cut three of the flowers out for decoration and finished with a lush Lavender Mesh Ribbon-16mm ribbon from The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop...the fab sketch is from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge and I'm also entering it for the Allsorts Challenge and Moving Along with the Times challenge too...my beautiful Daughter is at work today so it will probably be this evening before I see her but I'm looking forward to it anyway...have a wonderful day everyone and enjoy yourself
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
dress - shading pumice stone
pink is a Whispers pen
pineapple - scattered straw, shabby shutters

40 comments:

Renkata said...

Hi Mina,
Happy Mother's day to you!
Our Mothers day was on 8 marth.
Very cute card.

Jackie said...

Happy Mothering Sunday to you Mina (sorry, I am old fashioned). I love your card and pineapple would be very acceptable instead of flowers :)
Jackie xx

Irene said...

Hi Mina,

I hope you will be spoiled/pampered today!!! Our Mothersday is the second Sunday in May, quite confusing for our Sylvia living in Newcastle LOL!!!!
Those long forgotten papers are absolutely gorgeous and so is your card, love what you did with the ribbon!!!

Hugs from Holland, Irene

Doreen said...

Your card is gorgeous Mina,I love the image. Happy Mothers Day.xxx

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

What a beautiful card Mina, so pretty! Happy mothersday to you!
Hugs Jacqueline

Sue said...

Morning Mina,Happy Mothers day.
Love your card,the papers and beautiful image are just perfect.
Hugs Sue xx

Lisa said...

Hi Mina, Gorgeous card! I love these pretty papers ... the colours are gorgeous.

Hope you have a lovely day.

Lisa x

My'scardcorner said...

Lovely card Mina .Enjoy your time with your daughter even if it is late on Im off to the pic with mine.
Myrax

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card Mina, and yep it's purple! Funny story about the mushrooms!!! You didn't tell us what you ended up eating lol.
Hugs Cheryl

Monique said...

Sooooo cute Mina.

Hugs Monique

tilly said...

love the colours of those papers and ribbon, another cutie from Mo....Have a lovely day,
Tilly

Tammy said...

Fabulous Mina! Love the cutout flowers and the ribbon is beautiful!

Janette said...

Hi Mina, Gorgeous card and I'd settle for a pineapple to be honest...lol..love the stuff...

Have a fab day and hope you get spoiled rotten.xx

scrapbookertink said...

I love this one, would look ab on my Lilo & Stitch layout, I am in the middle off, take care, Doreen x

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, I look at your card and I'm thiking, beaches, palmtrees, cocktails with little umbrella's, aloha!! Great card, made me smile. Hugs, Frea

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.i love your bright summery colours and the image is really stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Dee said...

Happy Mothers' Day to you, Mina! As someone else said, we here in Canada have to wait until May. I absolutely love this card. It makes me happy! The patterned papers would have been perfect for a scrapbook I am making about my trip to Bermuda last summer. The image is coloured so beautifully and I love how you have done her hair. Thanks for sharing!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Very pretty Mina! Hugs, Lesley

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue B said...

Oh I love this Mina! what a wonderful image!! and you've coloured it so beautifully! Love the papers and delish flowers and bow - everything is perfect - it's a stunning card!
Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

Lisa Jane said...

A very Happy Mother's day to you Mina.. hope you have had a wonderful day.
LOve the pineapple
Lisa x

Crafty Loops said...

Beautiful card Mina, I love the bow. Lee xx

sweetbloominscraps said...

You Pineapple Girl is lovely! Of course, what Mo's images isn't lovely! Fabulous papers and gorgeous lavender mesh ribbon!
Judi SSW DT

Lisa Jane said...

oops i forgot to say
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Jeannie said...

Beautiful girl and the perfect papers to match! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Mau xx said...

Hope you had a lovely Mums day Mina.
So glad your Dad is home and feeling Good, Huge hugs for him xx

Mau xx said...

oops!!! forgot to say I love your card Mina, the colours are wonderful and love the image xxx

Sharon Basel said...

Mina this is gorgeous! Your papers and flower embellishments just couldn't be more perfect with this dear MJM image that is perfectly colored. You sure are talented. Thanks for sharing this wonderful car with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Sharon, SSW-DT

Kathie said...

Hi Mina she is so pretty!!! Your card is very cute, I love this little image and your pretty colours and embellishments. Great card and thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

debby4000 said...

Oh Mina this is so beautiful and love the colour combo.
luv
Debby

Colinda said...

She's so gorgeous!! Cheerfull colours!! Have a sunny day, Colinda

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Oh this is gorgeous! I love the image and it is a nice change from flowers! Beautiful colors too! Thanks for sharing and playing with us at Moving Along With The Times :)

mulberry station said...

I love your little Pinapple girl. She is precious. And, what gorgeous papers and colors to to inhance the beauty of this image. I absolutely love how you have colored her up. Thanks so much fr sharing your beautiful card with us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Wowza, your card is stunning!! It sure did make me smile and wish I were somewhere tropical right now!! Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Genevieve said...

Stunning card Mina, very cute little image. I hope you had a lovely Mothers Day, my girlies sure made my day pretty special. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh I love your coconut gal. Thats such a sweet image. Lovely papers too. Have a sweet day!!! Arlana@SSW!!!

Debs said...

Stunning card Mina.
The image is gorgeous as are the Design Papers.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Patti P. said...

Mina, what a funny story on your mushrooms...like spoiled mild that you have someone else smell, lol. Love the pineapple girl, cute image and papers but the ribbon and bow just blow me away.
Thanks for sharing with us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Patti SSW/DT

Heide said...

What a lovely card, the papers are just perfect with the image. Your bow is FAB. So glad you could join us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesdays.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Mummylade said...

What a wonderful project Mina, great choice of colours. Thank you so much for entering our Three in a row-challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...