Saturday, March 10, 2012

mmmmmmmm toffee muffins...

Good morning everyone, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend planned...a couple of things about yesterdays card first, I don't have Photoshop and even if I did I wouldn't know what to do with it lol, the most I 'do' to my photos is crop them so you don't have to see all the stuff on the same photo and add my watermark and that's it, also when you colour with distress inks a lot of the darker browns have a reddish tint to them so if you add too much water (or drop it on it) it washes the browns away and leave too much pale pink, you can catch it in time and soak up the excess water before it spreads but the colour is washed out, if you try to add more colour after that it has to be a much darker shade so you get a look that would be at home on an episode of TOWIE lol, so if the colour gets washed out it may look ok to you but I can see a huge difference and like most crafters we are our own worst critic...hope that answers the two people who emailed me...I had a nice crafting day yesterday, is it just me or do you forget to eat when your crafting I started to need something sweet mid afternoon so to the fridge I went...now I had a choice, a banana, a yogurt or a toffee fudge muffin and some whipped cream from a tub with just the right amount left in it...hhhmmmmm guess which one I chose lol...right now onto my card which is using another of the brand new Ribonitas from Sugar Nellie, this little cutie is called Mori, I love her outfit don't you, I coloured her with distress inks and used this stunning stash hider paper, its from Sassafras Lass Life is Beauty collection and is called Blueberry Grove, gorgeous isn't it...I finished with some creamy yellow seam binding, a sentiment from my stash and a few roses that looked more like the colours in the rest in real life than they do here, the fab sketch is from ICS challenge and I'm also entering it for the Hotshot Craft challenge and the CCEE Stampers challenge...I'm off to Town today as my brushes are starting to separate, they only last me about six weeks before they start to go a bit haywire and in different directions..I hope you have something brilliant planned for today
Mina xxx
p.s. thanks for letting me know you find the colours used useful, I will keep posting them now I know
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - walnut stain, frayed burlap
dress - scattered straw, evergreen bough
hair dressing - scattered straw, crushed olive, faded jeans
hearts and flowers - faded jeans
shoes - frayed burlap

48 comments:

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Stunning card with a lovely image and wonderful papers.
Hugs and a happy weekend to you, Jacqueline

cheryl said...

oh Mina,this is one,beautiful image,love the papers,you have used,and your amazing colouring,have a great weekend Hun,hugs Cherylxx

mags said...

This is lovely Mina. Your colouring is so great with the distress inks. The background paper is lovely.
Have a good weekend.
Mags
x

Jessica said...

Very cute card! lovely colours!

Hugss Jessica

applejack cards by sue said...

Mornin' Mina, this is so lovely, such a pretty image, beautifully coloured. I adore the background paper and how the embellishments match perfectly.

Frouwke said...

beautiful!

Jackie said...

Oh wow, stunning card, beautiful soft colours and great colouring :o)
Jackie xx

My'scardcorner said...

Pretty card Mina such a sweet image and lovely papers ribbon and flowers.Enjoy your week end.
Myrax

Mummylade said...

absolutely brilliant!!

Christina - Pieces of Dreams said...

SCRUMPTIOUS MINA. XXX

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful. Such a pretty image and lovely backing papers.

Maris said...

lovely card Mina, and have a great weekend xx

Shazza said...

this is beautiful Mina, hope y ou have a good weekend. I am attempting my first 20 minute run this morning, yikes!! Well, a gentle jog at best lol
x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Mina. Gorgeous and so very delicate.
Love Sandra xxx

carol said...

Hi Mina..your card is gorgeous, i love the BP so pretty, reading about your yummy muffin is making me fancy one..lol, x carol

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina, so beautiful the image and papers are blended together so well. I love your colouring it is stunning!
Now that muffin sounds delicious , but you went for the banana , right ? hehehehe. Every one needs a little sweetness while crafting. Have a great day Mina. Take care.
Hugs Cheryl

Sue said...

Hello Mina,love the sound of your snack yesterday mmm.
A beautiful card,love the soft colours and very pretty image.
Have a lovely week end.
Hugs Sue x

Irene said...

Adorable image and you coloured here so lovely, just perfect with the sweet paper!!!!

Hugs, Irene

Chrissy said...

What a sweet little girl Mina, gorgeous colouring and love the prety papers.[pssst...I would have had the muffin too]

Luv CHRISSYxx

Teresa said...

Stunning card, a real beauty!
Teresa xx

Janette said...

Oh it's gorgeous Mina, such a pretty image...
Hope you have a nice day out, I have nothing planned for the week-end, still doing alittle recouping....maybe I'll do abit of crafting...lol...by the way, the muffin sounded fab..xxx

Jessie said...

Such a pretty card Mina!

Juls said...

beautiful!!! Love the soft colours!! Hugs juls

Tammy said...

Absolutely, hands down, I would have gone for the toffee muffin too! Your card today is beautiful and so sweet! I love how the blue roses accent the DP you used.

kbrandy4 said...

Wow!! Mina she is absolutely gorgeous and your colouring is beautiful, love the papers and ribbon too!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

heidy said...

Oh what a beautiful card Mina,love those papers they're gorgeous!
I cant go to my shop now because they sell hazelnutmuffins,I so love them ...you must buy 4 and I'm the only one here that eat them so........it's nothing of all 4 of them lol
XXX Heidy

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, what a lovely image that is! And I love that romantic DP you used! Have a great weekend hun, hugs Frea

Carla S. said...

Absolutely stunning, Mina! I love the dreamy papers and the sweet image! As always, your coloring is over-the-top fantastic! Love the dainty little flowers, too!

rosie said...

love the image. fab papers. colouring in is fab too x

Crafty Loops said...

Hi Mina. Sorry Ive been MIA lately. My Craft Room is taking a lot more time to sort out than originally thought. Who knew I could defy the laws of physics and stuff a small space with more than is actually possible!! Anyway, Scrubs has added 2 new shelves which has helped me no end and once the other side of the room is tidy, 2 more shelves are going up there too so its slowly but surely getting there. Ohhhh did you see my latest post with the video of me making an Album? I used one of the beautiful sheets of paper you sent me in my blog candy. It was just perfect for what I wanted as I wanted paper than I didnt need to embellish much as the album needs to be a functioning album and that paper was just perfect. Anywhoodles, onto your card. It is beautiful and as always your colouring is amazing. Lee x

Jayne A said...

Beautiful card and a cute image.

Hugs
Jayne
x

scrapbookertink said...

Hi Mina she is such a cutie, love how you used the ribbon down the side, take care, Doreen x

Grenouille Greetings said...

It's been at least a week since I was here Mina and I just know you will have made 10 lovley cards since then! Fabulous colour coordination on this beauty! Hugs, Lesley

Hanneke said...

What a cutiepie! Love the image and DP. Hope you are having a great weekend! Hugs, Hanneke

Hazel said...

Hi mina

What a wonderful card - I just love it - the colours and the image are just great - fantastic.

Take care

Hazel x

Kat said...

What a sweet image Mina, love her paper-pieced dress too.

I've been too busy to blog this week but on the other hand I'm enjoying catching up with a week's worth of cards on all my favourite blogs.

Kat xx

Vicky said...

Simply stunning hun....and loving your colours too :o)

have a lovely evening...big hugs Vicky xx

Barbara said...

This is so delicate and sweet! Love the stamp and the colors.

coops said...

so stunning mina.gorgeous pretty colours and i love the sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

vickisunshine said...

Hi Mina, Another gorgeous card! I have been nominated for The Versatile crafter award and as I really love your work, I would like to nominate you for the award too. You do not have to accept as this acceptance has some rules attached. However if you would like to accept I will be putting up your name on my blog : http://vickisunshine-sunshinecrafts.blogspot.com
Hugs,
Vicki x

craftymum said...

Wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Ribbon Challenge

hugs Sarah x

Rufus said...

Mina, the card is lovely, as the always are...but you had me at toffee muffins!!! YUM
R/

Bernie said...

This is just lovely! Sweet image and fabulous papers.
I read your comment on my blog regarding the blood gases to Jim. He said he wished he'd thought to do that at the time. Anyway you gave us both a good laugh. Thanks!
Hugs & Blessings
Bernie

Alizabethy said...

Such a beautiful card but I wish you hadn't mentioned toffee muffins - I am starting to drool!

Unknown said...

aw hunnie this is soooo pretty i love your colouring so subtle i tried distress and they certainly looked that distressed they ended up in the bin.....fabulous image perfectly given the best treatment your attention to detail is spot on hugs sassyxx

Susie Little said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with our last at ICS! xx

Mau xx said...

Well you had the Banana and yogurt didn't you Mina? I know cause you are such a good girl :)
Love this sweet card, the image and colours are so pretty.

Andrea C said...

Very sweet x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...