Friday, March 30, 2012

ducks and elephants...

Good morning everyone its the virtual me again but I will be home tomorrow so last virtual day...I forgot to tell you I managed to get an appointment at a hairdressers on Monday before we went away, my usual one like every other hairdresser but the one I went to are closed on Mondays but I'm so glad I went there, the cut was excellent and I was in over an hour because we were all having a huge giggle fest and it was a huge £15 cheaper...anyway I went to buy hairspray and was having a look through them and it reminded me of the first time we went to Yugoslavia (when it was still Yugoslavia) it was back in the days when the local shops had nothing english in them (which is why we loved it so much),I had forgotten to pack hairspray so off we troop to the local shop, not a soul spoke english, so common sense prevailed and I went to the section that had the shampoo in and bought a spray with a woman with long flowing hair on the front, well it made sense to me, there was something stopped me using it though maybe it was the smell and I decided to go to hotel reception just in case to get someone to translate it for me and the girl there set off giggling then panicked and asked you didn't use this on your hair did you...it only turned out to be oven cleaner would you believe...I think she would have noticed if I had used that already lol, the people who cleaned their ovens there must have been very glamorous if they all looked like the woman on the front of the can...ok now here my Christmas cracker joke for today...
Why do ducks have webbed feet?
To stamp out fires.
Why do elephants have flat feet?
To stamp out burning ducks.

lol love it...daft isn't it...right now onto my card for today which is using this stunning little beauty from Wee stamps she is called Wee Florist, of course I couldn't just buy her could I...oops a few more jumped into my basket, funny how that happens isn't it...I coloured her with distress inks and teamed her up with these lush Prima Madeline paper pad, Bunny Zoe's Crafts doesn't has the 6x6 paper pad in stock but there is an A4 pad on sale...all I needed to finish is a Kaisercraft sentiment and a lush rich blue bow...the lush sketch is from Mojo Monday, I love their sketches don't you...right that's me for today speak to you all in real life tomorrow and whatever your up to today have a fantastic one
Mina xxx
distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen
trousers shading - pumice stone
roses - antique linen, shabby shutters, peeled paint
shirt - tumbled glass

28 comments:

Colinda said...

Goodmorning Mina. Such a pretty card!!! Love the browns and the bleu's! Good story about the hairspray, it made me laugh. Enjoy your weekend, Colinda

Hanneke said...

Wow Mina, what a pretty round card! Love the image and colors! What a story, oven cleaner, lol! I can see how you got confused with the packaging. Hugs, Hanneke

Christine L said...

Beautiful card Mina.... she's so delicated coloured...

And I'm glad it isn't only me that laughs at jokes like that..... !!!

Hugs
Christine x

Jackie said...

Very sweet card. Good job you didn't use the 'hair spray' :o)
Jackie xx

June Nelson said...

This is goregous mina love th round shaped card too xx

Sue said...

A very pretty card Mina,fab shape.
Sue xx

Doreen said...

This is beautiful Mina,an adorable image and papers.xxx

Squirrel x said...

OMG Mina! What a good job you got that can translated before you used it!! What a silly place to put over cleaner though, lol. What a gorgeous card hun, the more I see of these Sylvia Zet images the more I love them - can feel another spend happening on payday. Hugs Sxx

Chrissy said...

She is gorgeous Mina, so pretty...

Luv CHRISSYxx

[lol..lol...burning ducks...]

Always with a Sentiment said...

So beautiful Mina. Love the shaped card and your image is just delightful.
Love Sandra xxx

riliska said...

Oh, the image is cute! Your colouring is gentle so much! Love the papers you used here - all is fine!

Unknown said...

Oven Hairspray :) you were lucky Mina not to use it chum.
Your card is fabulous image is adorable, a beautiful make, loving the jokes there crackers :) lol....
Hope you had a lovely time!!! safe journey back...
Hugs Sarah x

nnalorac said...

She is so adorable, gorgeous papers and so is your card, love it. My hubby put hair remover cream on one of our sons heads when he was small! Thankfully he sussed it had a funny smell and washed it straight off again.Carolxx

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful and such a true sentiment.
Hugs
Desire

Happy Crafter said...

Gorgeous card,love the image (and her hairstyle) and your colouring too :)
Hugzz Valxx

Janette said...

wow Mina £15 is a big saving and to be happy with it as well...even better....

Gorgeous card...almost forgot why I was here then..lol..xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina, wow what a stunning card I love your colouring and the shape. Im so glad to hear you didnt use that spray on her head you might have burnt yourself terribly. hugs Shirleyxxx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Mina,What a wonderful cards.

Hugs Riet.xx

Irene said...

Did you ever consider writing a book Mina???? This story makes me giggle like the girl in the hote..how would you have looked after using I wonder LOL!!!!!!!
Your card and the adorable wee stamp are gorgeous as always!!!

Hugs, Irene

Adriana said...

Your card is so beautiful. Love the soft colors you used.

coops said...

fabulous card mina.beautiful colours and the image is so sweet :D

xx coops xx

Sherri said...

Beautiful card, Mina. You always do such amazing coloring! And I laughed at your hairspray story! I think you should write a book of your adventures!

Rufus said...

Sweet! Had to laugh at your hairspray story! thank heaven you didn't use it!! Hope that you are having a fab time.
R/

arjette said...

It's beautiful Mina!!! Lovely stamp!!

gr. arjette.

susiestacey said...

What an adorable image Mina x Susan x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

That's so funn about the hairspray. I don't look at all glam when I am cleaning. Gorgeous card, lve the blue and brown and such a sweet image. Hope yiu had a great time away.

XxJULESxX said...

love the beautiful card! and he he! love the "hairspray" story!

Paola ♥ said...

What a beautiful and gorgeous card.
I love it.

Hugs
Paola

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...