Thursday, February 28, 2013

Mum...


Good morning everyone are you all having a good week?...well the sunshine has gone, see I knew I shouldn't have jinxed it by talking about it, I made it run and hide lol...oh well March is just around the corner so hopefully spring is to...I don't usually make Mothers Day cards because it reminds me too much of my Mum...every single day I miss her and whenever anything good or bad happens she is still the first person I think to ring...even though I cant, I even talk to her all the time...how precious are our Mums we should cherish them every single day they are with us, sometimes life gets in the way and we don't tell the people we love how much they mean to us...so if your lucky enough to still have your Mum ring her or better still go see her and give her a hug...don't wait for Mother's Day because you never know how long the people we care for the most will be with us...ooooohhhh that sounds kinda sad but it isn't meant that way honestly...right now enough waffling onto my card for today, which surprise surprise is a Mothers Day card...now you would never have guessed that would you lol...the amazingly cute and gorgeous image is of course from Mo's Digital Pencil, Mo certainly has a way with faces doesn't she, look at the concentration on this little fellas face...he is called What To Draw and the paper is blank so you can add what you want to it, I used wordart to add the Mum...hes coloured with my usual distress inks and teamed him up with these lush papers from the My Mind's Eye - Oliver 6x6 Pad I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the colours are brilliant for him don't you think?...I finished with some gorgeous narrow satin ribbon and bow and a couple of buttons...the fab sketch is from the Sketch Saturday Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and the Inky Chicks Challenge too...I'm off out today to a Doctors appointment...yuck I hate going to the Doctors, in fact I hate it more than the dentists...but it will give me an excuse for a quick mooch in town too so hey ho...whatever your up to today I hope you have a brilliant one
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed linen, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - antique linen
top - scattered straw, antique linen
jeans - stormy sky
shoes - pumice stone, tumbled glass
paper - old paper, scattered straw
pens - shabby shutters, stormy sky, tumbled glass, scattered straw

15 comments:

Juls said...

Fab, love the soft colours! Hugs Juls

ellyscard creatief said...

Gorgeous card.
Gr Elly

tilly said...

a super image from Mo and I love those papers
we have sun lol
Tilly

kbrandy4 said...

Beautiful card and image Mina!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

Irene said...

fabulous card, and I wish my mum was still around,xx

rachel said...

gorgeous card Mina and I know just what you mean about mums - I'm at my mums now - I see her twice a week and we craft together - its fabulous and I love her to pieces xx

Sandy said...

Hi Mina, this one is so gorgeous. Fab image and I like the soft colouring. and those papers are perfect to compliment your little boy,
Hugs,
Sandy

Adriana said...

Lovely. Beautiful coloring!!!

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.stunning papers and design and i love the adorable image :D

xx coops xx

Joyce said...

Love this card ... and the colours! Superb! I know how you feel about your mum .. mine died very suddenly 27 years ago aged 61 and I miss her every single day. No-one can replace your mum, can they? Love and hugs xx

Debbie said...

So sweet Mina.Love this image.Love what you said about your Mum. Mums should be cherished.Life is too short.What you said really touched me - thank you.Hugs Debbie x

Mojca said...

Such lovely thoughts about your mum! And your card is just gorgeous as always. hope your doctor appointment went ok. hugs! Mojca

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card!! Love that sweet image!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Steph said...

What an adorable card! I love that image and the soft colours/papers you've chosen. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Turtle In The Sand said...

Love this one too. I like the way you fussy cut the paper out. Created so much interest.

You are so right about your Mom. My Mom is completely bedridden and lives in my home. I cherish this time we have had together. I have been so lucky to have her here with me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...