Friday, February 08, 2013

not quite right...


Good morning everyone how are you all...well I hope no sniffles or colds?  theres loads of them going round atm...we went for our put the world to rights coffee yesterday so watch the news for all the worlds problems being solved and joy and happiness to descend on us all...my wonderful Dad could sort everything out no problem lol...well I say everything he managed to lose his gloves and we had to go looking for them so maybe not lost gloves lol...its usually me that loses things like that I have a fantastic soft leather pair of gloves I bought many moons ago in Venice and I love them to bits (well I have two pairs actually one pink pair but the black ones are my favs), I have lost count of how many times I have dropped them, I have a habit of putting them on my lap when I'm in the car forget they are there and leaving them in puddles or snow lying beside the car...I think that's why they have lasted so long, they have been soaking wet many many times and they look brand new and are super soft because of it...so if you have a pair of leather gloves that need softened you know what to do lol...right my card for today...you know when you colour something and your not happy with it, something is just not quite right...well that's how I feel about today's image...its a beautiful one from MayzyArt and is called Freckles Mermaid...shes brilliant isn't she...I coloured her with distress inks as always but I think I'm not happy with how the beigey pinky colour in her tail etc turned out...it looks too flesh coloured...do you know what I mean...anyway its a good excuse to use her again and be finally happy with the result...the lush papers are a few loose sheets from my ever growing pile of them...I know they are Prima but haven't a clue which collection they are from...I finished with some punched butterflies, a soft blue organza ribbon bow, a teeny sentiment charm and a few scattered gems from the Mixed Bag Clear Flat Acrylic Round Gems - 3mm, 4mm & 5mm...I know I bought the Prima pad from Bunny Zoe's Crafts and the Gems are from there too...the fab sketch is from the Sunday Sketch & Stamp Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Divas By Designs Challenge and Sketchy Colors Challenge too...I'm making a cheesecake today but remembered to buy some icing sugar so there wont be any gritty bits lol...whatever your up to today have fun
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
hair - milled lavender
eyes - tumbled glass
lips - victorian velvet
face, arms, chest - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
rest of skin, fins, face etc - tumbled glass, milled lavender, frayed burlap, tattered rose

13 comments:

Sonia said...

Fantastic card my dear^_^Adorable sweet image^_^
Have a beautiful day^_^
Big hug,
Sonia

Jolara said...

beautifull hugs joyce

KandA said...

Fabulous card. Love the softness and papers xx

heidy said...

What a beautiful card Mina!!
XXX Heidy

coops said...

so stunning mina.your papers are really pretty and I love your soft colours and image ;D

xx coops xx

catherine said...

This is great and thanks for joining us over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp this week
x catherine

Unknown said...

This is a great card :)

Thank you for joining us at Sketchy Colors :)

Hugs, Tine

Mojca said...

Oh but it is coloured just gorgeously Mina! I love the soft colours that you used and the pretty butterflys. hugs1 Mojca

Denise Goeldner said...

Lovely card and the papers are gorgeous hugs xx

Renee B. said...

You are too hard on yourself Mina...she is lovely just the way she is!
Hugs, Renee

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Mina. The image is so pretty as are the scrummy papers.
Hugs Sharon. x

Janine said...

Such a pretty card Mina. Love the soft pastel papers.
Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Janine xx

Hanneke said...

Lovely card Mina! I sometimes feel the same about my coloring. I do like the coloring of her tail though, the color matches the dress of the fairy on the DP. Hugs, Hanneke

P.S. I have a candy on my blog, I'd love it if you'd join in: http://hannekeshobbycorner.blogspot.nl/2013/01/celebratory-candy.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...