Thursday, July 28, 2011

pink and girly and no more beasties....

Good morning everyone, I hope your all well and enjoying some sunshine...well I did go out yesterday and just managed to get back in through the door when the heavens opened...see told you if I went out it would tiddle down, but I did manage to get some blogging done last night and I really enjoyed it too...many apologies to all those people still running around screaming from last night when I showed you all my wee beastie from the craft room...I think it must have something to do with the warm weather as I had some cereal last night and guess what I found in it...an earwig...I have a thing about earwigs, when I was young we always came to Ireland to stay with our Gran and I remember getting up one morning, hurrying to get dressed and pushing my foot into my shoe feeling something in there and when I tipped it up three earwigs fell out...I had the screaming abdabs and ran around my Grans house completely freaked out so since then earwigs make me squirm, so you can imagine how far I threw the cereal bowl although I wish I had got rid of the earwig before I threw it as I couldn't find it after...uuuurrrrrggghhhhhh...right now onto my card for today which is for our new challenge over at Colour Create challenge, this weeks its our lovely Julies choice of Pink, White and Green with the added option of Cooking (oops I forgot) don't you just love this colour combo its one of my favs...I used this stunning little Nellie C's Flying frog stamp from the new release from Nellie Snellen, I coloured it with distress inks and of course had to add some glitter glue didn't I...well fairies and glitter glue are just meant to be together aren't they...the fab papers are more from the new release Magnolia Sweet Rainbow 6x6 papers these are Dark Pink Rainbow flower and Light Pink Rainbow Flower, the sentiment is a stamp from the Kaisercraft mini stamp set - Friends set (these sets are amazing value), these are all from Bunny Zoe's Crafts and I finished with some lace, ribbon and flowers and punched leaves from my stash, I'm entering this for the Cardmadfairy digi days challenge which is Oh so girly and the Fussy and Fancy Friday summer challenge too...right I'm going to have another craft day today...when you have time pop on over to Colour Create to check out the rest of our wonderful DT's fab creations...have a wonderful creepy crawly free day everyone
Mina xxx

34 comments:

debby4000 said...

So cute Mina, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Margreet said...

gorgeous card Mina...lovely image with her beastie....don't you have a magic wand to remove yours?...lol..
xxx Margreet

Miria said...

Hi, Mina. Your card is adorable beastie included! Hugs, Miria

Exclusively by Mel said...

Morning Mina,
So glad that spider has gone from my fav blogs list!! replaced by this lovely card :)
Love love love magnolia papers!
What a cute fairy! brilliant image.
Love your card.
Mel. xx

heidy said...

Morning Mina,can you believe it,I actually take a peek last night,and here I am back visiting your blog again.
Well your card's are the best so I cane stay out for long,can I lol
Hugs Heidy

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Mina...beautiful papers and the image is so precious...sorry I scared you with our spiders, they are harmless, just huge..lol..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card Mina.
I had to chuckle at your 'wee beatie' it's probably more frightened of you than you are of it LOL. Now earwigs and rain beetles are a different matter altogetherm they give me the screaming abdabs, shudder
Jackie xx

Jane said...

Oh I love this...sure is cute! x

Anonymous said...

Oh grrrreat, now earwigs.....I don't like those, especially don't like them when in cereal....brrrr
Sweet card you made Mina!! Love the flowers!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Turtle In The Sand said...

Poor Mina. I would scream too, but throwing the bowl was not smart because who had to clean up the mess? Maybe your pretty little fairy popped in and cleaned it for you. .)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Mina,
This is gorgeous. Beautiful design papers and a fantastic image. I love the flowers.
I have come to the conclusion that you should open a zoo lol.
Hugs,
Fiona x

My'scardcorner said...

Cute card Mina love the flowers.
Myrax

arjette said...

What a beautifull card!! That image is soooo cute!

gr. arjette.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Mina,love the flying frog.I hate earwigs too,cant imagine one in my cereal,(shiver) Have a bug free day.
Hugs Sue xx

Lau W said...

So lovely card Mina, love the flowers !
xxx

Crafty Loops said...

Stunning card and I LOVE the flowers. Beautiful. Lee x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Mina,love the flowers.
Wendy xx

Marion said...

Hi Mina,
Stunning card hun. Lovin the new images from Nellie.
You always manage to make me smile but today the tears ran down my face as I could so picture you throwing the bowl. Good job the cereal wasn't in it.
hugs
Marion

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, greetings from cold and rainy France. I'm on holiday here (check my blog to see my 'castle' or chateau as they call it here). Fortunately I have my laptop with me and I do get some crafting done. Love this sweet card you made!! Hugs, Frea

Andrea said...

Gorgeous card Mina - such a cute image and your glittery flowers are stunning.
I remember earwigs when I used to stay at my Nan's too - not pleasant!
Is it the cereal bowl that you can't find or the earwig LOL! Hope you find no more beasties today, have a fab day!
Love, Andrea xx

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Mina, love your card hun, papers are brill,and love the image and the glitter, hugs Liz xx

it's raining here today too hope it doesn't last lol, hugs Liz xx

coops said...

beautiful card mina.adorable sweet image and your papers are gorgeous.i really love your lush sparkly roses :D
eeewwwwww i`m with you on earwigs, went camping years ago and my sleeping bag was covered in them, ew yuk.

xx coops xx

Ali said...

Gorgeous image - I'm not reading your posts anymore lol due to bugs euwwww no, no, no!!!

Christine L said...

Hi Mina! Love this card.... and believe it or not, I had that stamp in my hand today - went to a fab craft shop in Skipton, and my lovely OH came over with it in his hand while we were there.... that and another one with the frog on a toadstool... which is the one I opted for! They're lovely!
Oooh and your earwig story reminds me of de-earwig-ing my mum's dahlias when I was young... she used to put jam jars filled with straw upturned onto sticks - and the damn bugs would climb up into the jar, then she would empty and drown them! Eeeuuugh! But at least her dahlias where nice... LOL!

Oh goodness, I'm rattling on now... anyway,,, loved your card - will use my image soon! Ain't my OH wonderful picking stamps for me in a craft shop? lol!

Hugs
Christine x

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, this is a fantastic card, nice paper combi and yes I love the image.... beautiful coloured ofcourse.
Wish you already a nice weekend!
Hugs Ageeth

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Beautiful card. Adorable image, lovely colours and papers too. Donna

Sylvia said...

Hi Mina.
This card is really adorable :-))
Love the image and your design,and the glitterglue gives it a extra tuch!!

Have a nice day.

Sylvia.

Anonymous said...

So cute Mina! love this little fairy, wonderful card
hugs Julie P

cockney blonde said...

Beautiful card, much better than seeing the 8 legged beastie, x

Merry said...

Oh this is the cutest image ever....love that frog. What terrific flowers too. Thanks so much for joining in the Oh so Girly challenge at Cardmadfairy Digi Days.

Gillian said...

What a fabulous card Mina, I love the image and your colouring. Yhe flowers and papers are fab, perfect for our Girly challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days. Thanks for joining in and I hope we see your lovely work again. Gillian x

Andrea C said...

OMG this is just as gorgeous as the one I actually thought was a fairy x

Julie said...

Fabulous card (as always) Mina!! Love the papers, but especially love the positioning of the image - just perfect!!! Hope there's been no more bug incidents today!! Hugs, Juliexx

Janice Kay Schaub said...

Hi there, I just love your cards. I like the art work and the colours and presentation. I have not finished yet but had to make sure I commented.
I am new to this blogging, I am hoping to get back into card making and I find your blog inspiring
Janice

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...