Saturday, July 23, 2011

every girl needs a spotted dress...

Good morning everyone did I hear you all cheer yesterday I'm sure I heard a roar of a crowd when the sun appeared here or maybe that was just me in my head...oooohhhhhh glorious sunshine you cant beat it for lifting the spirit can you...what are you all up to today anything exciting?, well Phil is away at the motorbike racing marshaling so I'm alone today but hey ho its gives me more time to catch up on some samples I'm doing...sssshhhh cant tell because then I would have to kill ya lol, well I give a sneak peek tomorrow so keep an eye out....by the way I can tell you what I bought Phil for his birthday, I bought him a divers watch a few years ago and he hasn't taken it off since and its looking really tatty and not very professional for work so hes been moaning he needs something a bit more stylish so I bought him a retro looking stylish watch, very Phil actually he is going to love it...right now onto my card for today which is using this amazingly gorgeous Trudys Party Dress image from Mo's Digital Pencil, Trudy is in her pants and vest which is so cute and the dress is separate like those dolls you used to be able to cut out of kids comics, I loved them didn't you, or is it just me old enough to remember them?...I coloured Trudy with distress inks and paper pieced and raised up her dress, I so want a dress like this, I have a brown spotted dress but I have never ever worn it...the lush papers are Echo Park again, this one is from the A Walk in the Park collection and is called Tree tops, I love the way Echo Park papers always have another fabulous pattern on the reverse...I finished with a pink ribbon to edge part of the paper and used the same ribbon for the bow...now don't all drool over this amazing Prima flower, just look at that sugar frosting...the fab sketch is from Mojo Monday and I'm also entering this for the Charisma Cardz sunshine colours challenge and the Craft Us Crazy anything goes challenge too...right I'm off to see if my brown spotted dress still fits me, have a wonderful bright sunny day everyone
Mina xxx
p.s. wwwwwwwooooohhhhhhooooooo did you see I won Ali's suprise blogaversary candy wwwwooooooohhhhhhhoooooooooo

34 comments:

arjette said...

Oooohhh this is such a sweet card, it's beautifull!!!!!!

gr. arjette.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Mina, so pretty...love the spotted dress,fabulous papers..really lovely..good luck with your brown spotted dress, hope it still fits..lol..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Christine L said...

Oooh lovely Mina! And yes I remember those little dolls that we dressed.... and I also remember having a green with white spots mini dress!! I LOVED that dress! I'd made it, then one day when it was being washed, I put it down in a patch of need soap powder which took the green die out of a panel..... I was so upset, but with my Mum's help, managed to remove the panel and replace it with some fabric I'd had leftover. Yay!! (Sorry getting carried away here...)

Me and my lovely man are going out for a nice pub lunch today.. looking forward to it!
Hugs
Christine x

Jackie said...

This is such a pretty card and your paper piecing is great :o)
Jackie xx

knopkiniukai said...

Very sweet card , I´m drooling over this beautiful card :))))
Cherubs

Marion said...

Hi Mina,
Fabulous card and love this image. Yes, I remember those dress up dolls. They were great weren't they.
Lovely papers and delicious rose.
hugs
Marion

Lisa Jane said...

oh she s sooo cute .. i love that shade of green.
I love spotty dresses .. always remind me of the film Pretty woman .
Have a wonderful weekend of craft
Lisa x

Diane said...

This is soooo cute, Mina! I knew as soon as I saw the image that it had to be from Mo and it's just lovely!
Hope the brown spotted dress fitted like a glove!
Diane x

Peggy said...

Hi Mina. I visit your blog every day but have never commented before. Tut tut! still never too late eh? I saw these lovely papers online this morning and now I have seen your fab card I am inspired.I love the style of your cards,bright or dreamy always fabulous! Dee x

G Peplow said...

Hi Mina, Another fabulous card!Love it all, clever lady, have a great crafty day today:0) Hope your hubby loves his watch, it sounds perfect, Gay xxx

heidy said...

Fabolous sweet card Mina,and I do remember them but I was a really tomboy,so I never played with them...those were for girls duh lol
Hope Phil like's his watch.
Hugs heidy

Exclusively by Mel said...

Hi Mina,
Yes I remember playing with the cut out dolls clothes.(loved it)
The papers are so pretty on your card.
And her dress is gorgeous.
So is that big pink rose!
Love, Mel. xx

nessy said...

oh just too cute mina ~ love the papers you have chosen ~ yes every girl needs a spotty dress and ribbons in her hair!!!~what a stunnig flower too ~love it!!
vanessa xx

My'scardcorner said...

Pretty card Mina love the way youve coordinated it with the papers and yes Ive got a spotted dress :0)
Myrax

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Love the paper piecing on the dress. And you manage to match the shoes and hair bow perfectly. The blonde hair is awesome, as is the entire card.

Janette said...

Hi Mina, Oh this is a cutie pie of a card, love the sweet dress, what a fab idea....we have sun today too...how happy am I..lol...enjoy your week-end.xx

coops said...

stunning card mina.really gorgeous colours and fab sweet image.i love her dress and your scrummy flower :D
congrats on your candy win too, enjoy :D

xx coops xx

Margreet said...

Awsome card Mina...love the girl with her dotted dress...and yes, I'm old enough to remember the dolls you meant...hehe...gorgeous details!
xxx Margreet

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Mina,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card
Mina,love the image and paper's,have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, an awesome card, I too remember those paper dollies, loved em and I love this image too! Paper piecing is fab and love the colours. Pleased to hear Phil recieved his present at long last! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, hope the sunshine lasts!

Hugs, Barbara xx

Teresa said...

Beautiful card Mina, gorgeous colours and a very cute image, love her dress!
Teresa xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and dress Mina.Congrats on the win.
Sue x x

Lou said...

Hi!Mina this is so pretty,what a sweetie she is and i really love the colours/papers.
hugs Lou.xx
Just thought i would say,the 4 of us went to the cinema to watch Cars 2 in 3d,it was great George loved it but just couldn't believe it as it cost £37 and £16 for 3 drinks/popcorn-all that stamp money lol!!

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Love this card. The colours and papers are beautiful and the image is really sweet. Hope Phil likes his present. Donna

Turtle In The Sand said...

Loely paper piecing Mina. Remember the brown and white polka dotted dress in the movie Pretty Woman. Hope yours fits.

Patti said...

SWEET! I love your take on the Mojo sketch! : )

Patti

Rufus said...

Looks like it makes everybody think of Pretty Woman! I had a great one that sadly doesn't fit quite right anymore. Hope that you have better luck with yours! Congrats on your win.
R/

XxJULESxX said...

wow stunning card Mina, and i love the image

Alizabethy said...

Absolutely Stunning card - just love it!

Barbara said...

Mina, this is so darling! Love the colors and the paper piecing. I can't wait to start playing paper dolls with Trudy (yes, I do remember paper dolls!) but will have to wait a bit. This is the week of my son's wedding so not much time for play. Making sure to visit favorite crafters and get in a post or two. Sending hugs! Happy Birthday to Phil, too!

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Oh what a darling card! I love your cute little girl & your paper piecing! Beautifully done!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Us Crazy and I hope you will join us again!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Juls said...

fun card! LOVE her paper pieced dress! Hugs Juls

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Mina, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and beautiful sunshine colours. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at charisma cardz this week. Hugs, Denise x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...