Tuesday, July 12, 2011

summer fun and one of last weeks mishaps...

Good morning everyone I hope your all having some glorious sunshine, the weather (hang on until I find a piece of wood to touch) is lovely here, not roasting hot but sunny and bright...I have to tell you something that happened to me while I was away and hand on heart these things really do happen to me, I haven't a clue why but they happen very often...I think someone up there is taking the mickey you know lol...on the drive to the farmhouse we found a warehouse that sold old furniture and you all know how I like a rummage, so we parked and off we went for a mooch...I should have guessed really when I saw the state of the stone stairs leading down to the place that it wasn't a good place for me to be really...there were a few nice pieces but all the things I liked someone with the same taste had nabbed before me...off we go upstairs to look at stuff that had just come in the fella who owned the shop told us...wandering round not a care in the world then the earth moved as my foot and leg up to my calf went through the floor...now I don't know who got the biggest shock, me, Phil or the fella below, luckily I wasn't fully on that leg if you know what I mean or I really would have gone through the floor...the guy had the nerve to shout up asking if I was ok, I will be fine I shouted when I have recovered from the heart attack that caused me, needless to say we didn't look anymore and left with Phil shaking his head like he does when these things happen to me...right onto my card for today which really should have gone on yesterday but never mind its here now, its for our new challenge over at Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge which this month is fun in the sun and I thought this fantastic new stamp from the new release by Whimsy stamps called Fairy Daydreams fit the bill playing peek a boo in her flower, I coloured her with distress inks and teamed her up with these beautiful new papers from the Basicgrey 6x6 Sweet Threads paper pad, lush colours aren't they, the beautiful little dragonflies are from a set called Wooden Ornaments Flower Animal No 1, I stained them with distress inks and glittered aren't they so gorgeous, the sketch is from The Corrosive challenge and I'm also entering this for the Stamp Something Bugs or Butterflies challenge, Stampin for the weekend Wings and Things challenge and the Stampalot anything goes challenge too...right I have taken up enough of your time today so will pop off to my craft room to get a bit more colouring done...have a wonderful day whatever your up to
Mina xxx

37 comments:

cheryl said...

oh hun lucky you did not hurt yourself my hubbie is just the same,you get that look to say,oh no not again he he,
anyway hun your card is just stunning oh love that image,and the papers,work beautifully take care hun hugs cheryl x

Jane said...

Oh my your cards are beautiful, thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.

Exclusively by Mel said...

Blimey Mina lucky you didn't hurt yourself!
Sounds like you needed a hard hat in that place.
Your card is beautiful!
The papers really are so pretty.
As are the dragonflies.
Gorg image!
Love, Mel. xx

Jackie said...

OMG Mina, you are a walking disaster area LOL. Your card is so beautiful, I love the way you have coloured the wings :o)
Jackie xx

Sue said...

Poor you Mina,sorry to laugh,get your Phil to walk in front to suss out danger spots for you next time.
Beautiful card,lovely image and papers.
Hugs Sue xx

Bernie said...

Your card is so beautiful, I love the way you have coloured the wings.
Happy you weren't seriously injured.
Blessings Bernie

Lisa Jane said...

oh i ma sorry mina - i couldn't help but chuckle.. pity you didn't record it for one of the telly programmes.. you've been framed lol! But seriously.. hope you have recvered from the shock and you were lucky not to injure yourself !
wow those papers are gorgeous ... so pretty!
Lisa x

Diane said...

Just gorgeous, Mina! I particularly love the way you've coloured her wings!
Diane x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Mina,
Your card is gorgeous. I love the design papers and colours and the image is beautifully done.
I love your stories - you are such a card - everything happens to you lol.
Hugs,
Fiona x

heidy said...

OMG Mina,glad you didn't hurt yourself but sorry I couldn't help my self I had to giggle.
Gorgeous card !
Hugs heidy

Chrissy said...

Gosh, that could have been real nasty....you could have landed on that NICE man.Seriously..glad you are ok. Fabulous card and very sweet image.I love the wee dragonflys, very cute.
Luv CHRISSYxx

chris said...

such a gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge.

Maris said...

ohhh dear,what a shock that was, hope everyting is well, you card is stunning, so beatyfull xx

PinksyDoodles said...

I'm glad you are ok. What a shock for you.
Fab card! The image is so beautiful, and I love the dragonflies. Thank you for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, wow hun, it sounds like you had a little guardian angel sitting on your shoulder. You could have landed one floor down!! Glad you're ok! Love this image, gorgeous, hadn't seen her before! Great colour choice too! Hugs, Frea

brenda said...

Beautiful Mina, love the colours and the image is so pretty.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot challenge this month and good luck.

B x

My'scardcorner said...

What a real cutie this is Mina and lovely papers.OMG how scarey for you although I bet you are laughing about it now. Glad you werent hurt and ashame you had no bargains to compensate ..
Myrax

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Hope you are ok after what happened. Your card is gorgeous. Beautiful colours and papers and the image is adorable. Donna

Christine L said...

Your card is beautiful Mina... (as always..) I smiled so much at your story of falling through the floor... trust Phil to give you 'the look'! Hope you didn't hurt yourself tho!
Hugs
Christine x

Riet said...

So beautiful card Mina,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Janette said...

Beautiful card Mina, very pretty...

You know I have a friend who is always having mishaps like you...lol...she once dropped through and old Church floor while viewing it...lol...but she did take her O/H with her....xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, thank goodness you are allright!! and you know we like to reed your stories Mina, nice card by the way, lovely papermix!
Hugs Ageeth xx

Linda . J said...

Oh Mina why does it always happen to you my friend, hope your ok.
Beautiful card love the colours and the gorgeous design.
Hugs Linda

pinky said...

I'm not sure whether to laugh and feel bad for you Mina, I have a wicked sense of humour but glad you had no damage done to your leg!! Love your gorgeous creation, how sweet is that image. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Sue said...

Hi hun
a beautiful card, a gorgeous image, awesome colouring luv all the sparkle, sue,x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, hugs pops x

coops said...

cor blimey mina, you do seem to get yourself in strife.i hope you didn`t hurt your leg.i would of asked for some free furniture for compensation ;D
love your card, the image is beautiful and gorgeous flowery papers and colours ;D

xx coops xx

G Peplow said...

Hi Mina, Oh dear poor you, pretty dangerous having a floor like that!!! Glad you're okay:0)
Thank you for your very kind comments. I'll bet your card is beautiful, I really wish I could see it but my computer is so bad, it isn't loading photos properly and I wait 3/4mins for a page to load. I can just see 2cms of the top, I'll catch up later:0) I forgot to say how beautiful your red paper and fabric are, I love it, some photos are loading, it's weird, Gay xxx

Sherri said...

I'm so glad you are not hurt. I'm beginning to think the reason your hubby is so madly in love with you is because there is never a dull moment when you are around!

Your card is delightful, as always. The DP reminds me of an old quilt somehow. I love the whole look of it.

Rufus said...

I can picture you with your leg stuck through the floor. The idiot who owns the place is just lucky you didn't hurt yourself. So glad that you didn't! But it obviously didn't hurt your craftin' mojo! She's lovely peeking out of her flower. The papers remind me of vintage wallpaper! Something you'd know about, LOL
R/

Regan said...

Love this sweet, charming card! The papers are so pretty! Add the sparkle and those dragonfly brads and you get thoroughly enchanting! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)
{hugs}
Regan ~ Design Team

Cecelia said...

Hello Mina;0) I am probably going to tell you what everyone else is telling you but this is a very sweet card! I love the image and the soft colors your used. Have a wonderful evening;0)

Hugs xx
Cecelia B

Juls said...

wow!!!! Just utterly gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

Grenouille Greetings said...

Stunningly pretty! And oh my - what a lucky escape! Hope you are okay! Hugs, Lesley

Sally H said...

A fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck.

Tracey said...

Hope you've recovered from your ordeal Mina. Wonderful card, fab colouring & I love the sparkly wings :)
Thanks for sharing it with SFTW & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

Francesca said...

Fantastic card

thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot challenge this month and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...