Thursday, January 12, 2012

pppppuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrr.......

Good morning everyone are you all well, there is loads of sniffling and coughing going around so I hope you haven't got the lurgy...I had one of those klutz days yesterday, you know the days when everything you do goes wrong and you cant even walk in a straight line...I fell up the stairs (now what sort of klutz falls up stairs) and whacked my elbow so hard I couldn't feel my arm for an hour and no amount of swearing or rubbing helped at all lol, then I caught what was left of the cuff of my fav creating top and ripped it till there was only a seam holding it on, I'm going to have to give up and throw it away aren't I, there will be tears that day I tell you, plus when I caught my cuff I had a cup of coffee in my other hand and it went all over me, yucky...I gave up after that and huddled on the sofa with a hot water bottle and a packet of biscuits watching rubbish daytime TV waiting for the roof to fall in...I can do without days like that but they do make me laugh when I think about them later, so every cloud has a silver lining...my card for today is using this fantastic Kraftin' Kimmie Jayne stamp which is on sale at Bunny Zoe's Crafts for £4.58, bargain isn't she and gorgeous to colour, I used my usual distress inks and paper pieced her dress and bow with the same Prima 6x6 Sparkling Spring paper pad papers as i used for the card, I cut out the edge of one the sheets to make this fab shape and finished with a stunning sparkly chipboard sentiment from a K&Co sheet, I didn't think it needed anything else as the paper is so gorgeous, my cards seem to be getting less and less embellishments on them don't they...I'm entering this for the Anything Goes challenge and the Allsorts challenge

its another preview time before our Sugar Nellie blog hop tomorrow and Saturday...today's preview is on the fabulous Gayles blog, hop on over to the Sugar Nellie blog to read all about it and I will see you at 9 tomorrow for our fab blog hop...Its supermarket day with my lovely Dad today so I will be keeping my arms by my sides and my feet firmly on the ground in case of anymore mishaps...have a safe and brilliantly fun day everyone
Mina xxx

31 comments:

heidy said...

Oh poor you Mina!
Love the soft colours and cute image!
XXX heidy

cheryl said...

oh hun,I fall up the stairs too so glad I am not the only one,this is one stunning card hun just adore the soft colors on this,please take it easy hun,hugs cherylxxxx

cheryl said...

meant to say bless you to sweetie for playing at anything goes,hugs cherylxxxx

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina,
Well you have been in the wars, I'm sorry but your little story on mishaps had me in stitches, ROFL , please say on the couch until it's safe !!!! I am worried for your Dad...
Beautiful card today Mina, she's very pretty.
Take care
Hugs Cheryl

Diane said...

Lovely card, Mina and those papers are just gorge!
I'm sure you'll have a better day today so just enjoy it!
Diane x

Squirrel x said...

Oh Mina, are you sure you need to go out today? Dr Squirrel would recommend staying on the sofa! Gorgeous little kitty card, the colours are fab. Hugs Sxx

Christine L said...

Nevermind your card (which is gorgeous btw) - your tales do make me SMILE!!
Big Hugs
Christine x

Chrissy said...

Oh! dear Mina...You sounded like a walking disaster, hope today is better for you....gorgeous card, love the soft colouring..
Take care...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jo said...

Fab card, Mina, she's gorgeous, love her dress! So looking forward to blog hop tomorrow.Best wishes to your Dad - have a fab day shopping and be careful lol!!!
Jo x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Mina
A beautiful card and take care after all your mishap's
Hugs Dianne xx :)

My'scardcorner said...

This is so pretty Mina love hfow youve used the flower corners and the colouring. Falling upstairs at least I cant do that now but Yes I used to Take care and enjoy putting the world to rights with your Dad.
Myrax

mags said...

Lovely card Mina. Loving the image and the colour combo and papers used. Hope you have a better day today
Mags
x

Marion said...

Hi Mina,
Well let's hope you have a better day today.
Love the card and the great image. Paper is just so pretty, as you say, needs nothing else.
hugs
Marion

Margreet said...

Poor Mina....hope you keep on your feet today....your card is gorgeous as always!
xxx Margreet

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card. Love the soft colours and the shape of the card.

Lisa Jane said...

Oh Mina - you must take more water wit it next time!! Hope you are ok.. i bent my big toe back earlier in the week and cried lol! I am a big wuss.. but it will teach me for rushing around!
LOve this pretty little card
Lisa x

Crafty Loops said...

Oh dear Mina, what a day you had! Your card is really beautiful. Lee x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Mina,
Your card is beautiful. I love the colours and the sweet image. Gorgeous layout.
I love reading your posts, they always make me chuckle - have you ever thought of writing a soap!! lol.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Exclusively by Mel said...

Oh dear, Calamity Jane strikes again!!
Bless you xxx
Mina your card is beautiful! love the shape.
The paper is lush.
Love, Mel. xxx

brenda said...

Oooooouch Mina, the sort of daft thing I do as well.

Your card is really pretty with all the soft tones and that is such a sweet image.

Thank you so much for joining in my Paper Piecing theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope you will join us again.

B x

Carla S. said...

What a day for you, Mina! I hope today is better! Your card is just gorgeous! I love the shape and the beautiful papers! Wonderful coloring and piecing of the sweet image!

Lau W said...

Oh i love this stamp, I have it but never used it arrfff ! Your colouring is so sweet, your card is fabulous, and i love love love cats !!!
xxx

RoseC said...

Oh, Mina . . . keep your feet firmly planted and do NOT reach for the scissors! Your simple card is a beautiful way to show off your sweet image. Hugz, ~ Rose

June Nelson said...

Hi Mina this is gorgeous and I do hope you are feeling better today lovely xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

coops said...

so stunning mina.i love this image and your soft colours are really beautiful :D
i hope today has been a better one for you.

xx coops xx

Lorraine said...

Beautiful image and card, Mina! Hope your elbow/arm is feeling better, yikes. Maybe you can create a pillow or little blankie from your torn top to put in your crafting area? And boy, you always do have great stories to tell us, lol. But hope things settle down so you can keep crafting beautiful things...

Rosietoes said...

Super fresh looking card Mina. Love the clean lines and the lovely shape as well.

Hope you got through the shopping with no mishaps and that your arm has recovered from your adventures.

Edna x

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Lovely card. I really like it's shape. (the card & the little lady). Fabulous DP and coloring.
If you every get tired of making cards, you should take up writing. Fun story! (I can relate!)

Andrea C said...

Haha the title is great. Love your card very cute yet alluring x

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Love the soft colours and really sweet image. Donna

Tamara Morton said...

Thank you for joining us at Anything goes this time with your gorgeous creation..
Hugs
Tamara

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...