Sunday, January 15, 2012

unchain my heart...

Good morning everyone did you all enjoy the hops over the last few days, the DT's work was amazing wasn't it...we had a really quiet Saturday, shopped for Sunday lunch and did a little mooching but not much else really...Phil wanted to go shopping for my birthday present but there's nothing I have my eye on for it, its on Friday this week...I find it really really hard to get excited about my Birthday, Phil is always away at work on it and everyone else is busy with their jobs etc, so I usually spend it on my own or with my lovely Dad...to tell you the truth my Birthday is always really really bad, I dread it and usually keep my head down lol...about 25 years ago my Grandma died on my Birthday the poor woman, and it hasn't really recovered since seeing my birth date on her headstone I think...so you can see why I keep my head down cant you...but you never know one of these years something brilliant might happen...yeah right , I wont hold my breath lol...now onto my card for today which should have been on my blog on Friday but got postponed because of the hops so here it is today...its for our new challenge at Just Magnolia & hAnglar & sTanglar challenge and this week is a gorgeous sketch by our wonderful Jacque, I used this gorgeously cute little Tilda from the new Magnolia Sweet Crazy Love collection and is called Tilda with Heartchain...I think she is so sweet don't you, I coloured her with distress inks and used a bit of Sakura stardust clear glitter pen to her chain but I don't think you can see it very well, the stunning paper is from the same new collection and is called Magnolia Calla of Paris 12x12 paper, I love the faded aged look of it and like all Magnolia papers it is perfect for distressing, the sentiment I printed on my computer and I finished with a lush 25mm Dark Green wired organza ribbon tied into a bow and a pretty little green button...isn't that ribbon gorgeous and its only 40p a metre would you believe and in loads of lush colours too, well you know me I dont like ribbons at all lol, everything is from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...ooohhhhh btw did you see I have been promoted to Team Leader at Bunny Zoe's Crafts DT too..I'm entering this for the Crafty Catz weekly challenge, Crafty Creations challenge and the Craft Calender challenge, right now I'm off to do some crafting while my fab Phil makes the family Sunday lunch, thank goodness Im married to a good cook isn't it lol...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one
Mina xxx
p.s. dont forget to pop back later as its time for the Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly candy...speak later xxx
colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - frayed burlap
dress and sock shading - pumice stone
green - crushed olive, shabby shutters

41 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi Mina, I don't do blog hops, not enough hours in the day! Just wanted to say how beautiful you card is. I love that paper :o)
Jackie xx

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Mina
A gorgeous and beautiful card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week
Hugs Dianne xx :)

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just gorgeous your detail is always amazing,love the image hugs Cherylxxxxxxx

heidy said...

Gorgeous Mina!
XXX Heidy

mags said...

Beautiful card Mina. Love the layout and that green ribbon is gorgeous.
Mags
x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Mina,
I love the subtle colours on the design papers and that ribbon/bow is fabulous. Tilda is just so sweet and beautifully coloured.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Christine L said...

Beautiful card hon.... and think positive about your birthday... that something special WILL happen this year!!
Hugs
Christine x

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, love your card! Amazing bow and what a nice green colour!
Nice Sunday, hugs Ageeth xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful bow Mina, what a lovelycolour, and Tilda as always is beautiful..

Enjoy your lunch...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Renkata said...

So soft and adorable card.

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina,
Gorgeous card , love the soft colours.
Hugs Cheryl

arjette said...

Oohh Mina, this is really beautiful!!!

gr. arjette.

Marie-Louise said...

Great card as always. Love the delicate colours.

tilly said...

a lovely card, those papers are just right.......hope you enjoy the lunch and save your card till Friday lol
Tilly

Naomi Johnson said...

Oh this is just gorgous and I love the tilda! she's adoreable. I know how you feel about birthday's but I hope you don't feel too sad on Friday. x

Fleur said...

A gorgeous card Mina,
BIG HUGZ Fleur xXx

Sue said...

Morning Mina,such a pretty card,Tilda is very cute and a very lovely bow.Congrats on the Team leader promotion.
Have a lovely day and enjoy your lunch.
Hugs Sue xx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Gorgeous card. Beautifully coloured Tilda and love the ribbon and bow. Enjoy your sunday lunch and congrats on your promotion to team leader. Donna

My'scardcorner said...

Cute card Mina like the ribbon and button touch. Oh i can understand where you are coming from re your birthday but Im sure your grandma would want you to enjoy it.
Myrax

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! I love the soft colors and darling Tilda! Beautiful bow! Congrats on your promotion to team leader!

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful Mina, sweet image and love the soft colours.
Wendy xx

Diane said...

What a cute image, beautifully done, Mina! I hadn't spotted this little cutie in the new collection but she's gorgeous!
Diane x

craftyb said...

Tilda is just adorable - your card is so pretty! Hope you can join us again soon at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

PS Best wishes for Friday!

Sarpreet said...

really beautiful

(I also wanted to drop by to let you know about my sale that may be of interest to you, many items reduced, pop by to my blog for more info)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mina, your card is so beautiful (as everything else you make!) I can totally relate to your feelings about your birthday; my dear step-dad died the day after my birthday and it was as if he hung on for as long as he could. My birthdays are always tinged with sadness.
xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina, sorry to hear that your not looking forward to your Birthday, maybe you will be surprised I do hope so.
Gorgeous card and your colouring is just so beautiful as always, the papers are gorgeous to. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Mau xx said...

Just left commment on Bunny's blog Mina, she is certainly a cutie, and now you have me singing the song....lol
Hope your Birthday goes with a swing :)) I too lost my Grandma on my 10th Birthday She was actually still able to tell my mum to wish me Happy Birthday just after midnight so know the feeling all too well.It is strange when you see your birthday on the stone :((

Exclusively by Mel said...

I love this image, one of my very favorites from this collection.
I love your beautiful card Mina.
Gorgeous soft colours, and a wonderful bow!!
Love to you,
Mel. xxx

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

She is so cute. Love the sentiment.

Bernie said...

Beautiful card! Love the layout and that gorgeous green bow. Yes the hops were wonderful.
Aw you shouldn't be sad, your Grandmother got to be an angel to watch over you on your B-day.
Blessings Bernie

Lorraine said...

Oh your card and that sweet Tilda is adorable, Mina! I hope you have the sweetest birthday this week!!!

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous card Mina (not seen that Tilda before) and I adore your soft colours, so beautiful. I hope that you still manage to have a happy birthday on Friday - I think your grandmother would still want you to enjoy it. Huge hugs, Sxx

Jo said...

Hi Mina, your card is beautiful as always.I'm sure your Grandmother would want you to enjoy your Birthday, too. Keep Smiling!
Jo x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So pretty Mina and love your gorgeous colouring as always and the beautiful bow. Wow you are so lucky and it would be great to have someone else to do the cooking now and again... Gary can only just manage toast! lol Have a lovely evening! Hugs, Nikki x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie gorgeous card love the image. Your gran will be with you on every single birthday sweetie I know my gran, my dad & now my brother are with me on mine hun & our angels like to see us smiling on our birthdays pet.

Big hugs Vicky xxx

coops said...

so stunning mina.your soft colours are beautiful and i love the sweet tilda and big bow :D

xx coops xx

angelwhispers said...

This is just beautiful Mina just adore the colours! Chanelle xx

XxJULESxX said...

Aaw! Mina it's a stunning card!!

Janette said...

Awww Mina, Sorry to hear about your Birthday, lets hope things change, sure your Grandma would never want you to feel so bad...

Love this gorgeous card, it's so beautiful and thankyou for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xxx

Aunty Sue said...

Just stunning and try to have a good day tomorrow think of good times, thanks for joining Crafty Catz ths week

lynne said...

This is just stunning! I love the soft colours against the bow, just finished it all off perfectly! Gorgeous!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month for our New News Challenge!!
Hope your having a lovely weekend!

Hugs,
Lynne x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...