Wednesday, January 25, 2012

too much glitter...

Good morning everyone I hope the sun is shining for you wherever you are, we had sunshine yesterday it was lovely to feel it on my face, what a difference a little bit of sun makes, although it does show up the dust in the house I mean not on my face lol...I had a lovely natter over coffee with my Dad yesterday, its fantastic to see him smiling and laughing again...do you think I spend too much time in my local supermarket, on Friday when we went in they burst into a chorus of Happy Birthday much to the amusement of the shoppers and my embarrassment...I think that's a definite sign I need to get out more and I don't mean to the supermarket lol...right now onto my card for today which is for our new challenge at Crafts and Me challenges, our host for this challenge is the fantastic Karen and she chose Pink & Sparkly, I used another of the new silhouettes from Crafts and Me, I still find it hard making cards I don't colour though, I guess its just what your used to but must admit they are super fast to make...this little cutie is called Fairy Love, I distressed the edges with a Pink Lipstick distress ink and teamed it up with these stunning papers that I had forgotten about, they are from the lush S.E.I. Claire 6x6 paper pad I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, lush papers in this pad some with metallic edging, you will be seeing more of this pad I promise, I cut out some of the flowers and leaves from the paper and glittered them but I made them a little too soggy and they curled up so I hope they look ok, I also glittered some of the flowers in the backing paper too...I finished with some gingham ribbon and a stamped sentiment...the fab sketch is from Sketch Saturday I hope it still counts as I had to move the sentiment to the bottom for it to work...I'm having a bit of a chillin day today as I feel so tired, I have a bit of the old eyelid disease, you know the one where they are attached to your bum so every time you sit down they close...everyone gets it now and again don't they...whatever your up to today I hope you manage to stay awake longer than me
Mina xxx
p.s. for all you people who are going to CHA I am ssssssooooo jealous, have you seen the new Tim Holtz distress ink markers...I so need these now they would make my travelling back and forward to the farmhouse so much easier, I would be able to take colouring things with me on the bus and for colouring when I got there...probably by the time we get them here there will be hardly any sets left, does anyone want to pay for me to go to CHA, I will bring them a set back too I promise lol xxx

28 comments:

Gemma said...

Lovely card Mina, love the pink and the sparkle, altough I miss your colouring. No sunshine here in Holland, just rain....and I think I'm suffering from the same eyelid disease as you do! Hugs Gemma

cheryl said...

he he know what you mean about sun and dust Hun,
as for your card its stunning just beautiful image and the colours are just perfection,hugs Cherylxx

Miss Emerald said...

Mina, the card is so beautiful! Magic pink and beautiful silhouette!

Christine L said...

Hi Mina.... well i read your title... "Too Much Glitter"? And I thought.. 'is she ill'? The words 'too much' and 'glitter' cannot go together in one sentence.... So I love your card - with all it's pinkness and glitter!

It poured down here yesterday all day... so I'm jealous of your sunshine!
Hugs
Christine x

Jackie said...

Another gorgeous silhoutte card Mina, no worry about the flowers curling up, it adds dimension :o)
Jackie xx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love silhouttes and this one is so pretty .
Love the sparkle.. and you can never have too much
Lisa x

Marie-Louise said...

I love the silhoutte on the pink background. Your backing papers are always marvellous.

My'scardcorner said...

Love this Mina love the silhoette
and the flowers look great
Myrax

Bernie said...

Another stunner! Bet you could do some fab coloring with those markers, they do look interesting. Wish I was going to CHA but....
Blessings Bernie

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Mina,
I love all the pinks and the design papers are gorgeous. The silhouette is beautiful. A gorgeous card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love this sentiment and CAS design for your sparkly card! Love how you describe your eyelid:bottom problem. LOL! Hugs, Lesley

Tammy said...

Outstanding! Love the beautiful pink and the sparkle on the flowers is beautiful!

Hanneke said...

Haha, must be a lovely supermarket :). Your card looks wonderful with that image and those pretty flowers. Good to hear your dad is doing better. Hugs, Hanneke

Sue said...

Hi Mina,a gorgeous card,love the image and colour,never too much sparkle.
Hugs Sue xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina you and me also would love to go to the CHA, never mind we will just have to hope they bring back some nice things for us all. Stunning card and I love the papers. hugs Shirleyxxx

Janette said...

Hi Mina, You can never have to much glitter you know...lol...this is gorgeous and I do love the glitter, the image is beautiful....xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Mina, what a lovely silhouette image...oh! dust.....you have to have dust, that way you can tell which way the spiders are walking...and you can go the other way..lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Michelle J M said...

This is so striking Mina, the pink and black are beautiful, super papers and glitter. Michelle x

Sue said...

Hi hun
lol aww thats lovely being sung to, totally gorgeous card, can never have to much glitter hun, luv the pretty image, sue,x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Mina! Love the silhouette and all the sparkle.
xx

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS card Mina love this shade of pink and dp it's lush... beautiful image too. I know I wish I was going to the CHA but that's just a dream :) love all off the american crafts, not seen TH new markers, must have a google take care chum.
Lots Hugs
Sarah x

coops said...

so stunning mina.gorgeous pretty colours and sparkle and i love the silhouette image ;D


xx coops xx

Cheryl said...

Hi Mina, your card today is adorable, the bright pink and glitter just work together , it's great. And yes we all get that eyelid disease lol, I love reading your blog , you always make me laugh!
Have a great day
Hugs Cheryl

Crafty Loops said...

If only we could all go to the CHA.....it would be heaven. This card is really beautiful Mina. Lee x

Turtle In The Sand said...

I have to admit this is stunning. I love all your cut out work and sparkle too. Hugs, Linda

PS: Mina you are a hoot. I love popping in for my daily visit and a lift to my soul.

Andrea C said...

Very gorgeous xx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Beautiful card. Love the silhouette images, the pink and the glitter. Lovely surprise at the supermarket. Donna

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Beautiful card. Love the silhouette images, the pink and the glitter. Lovely surprise at the supermarket. Donna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...