Sunday, January 22, 2012

soar...

Good morning everyone I hope your all having a fantastic weekend, are you having the stormy weather we are having, the wind is howling here and has been for days...oooohhhhh how I long for the Spring or a holiday, whichever comes first would suit me fine...we had plans to go out yesterday but just ended up to going to the supermarket with my Dad as he needed a few essentials, we did manage a coffee of course...why are some people just so inconsiderate..the woman in front of us in the coffee shop decided she would park her tray at the till and then get the food and drinks she wanted, what on earth is that about...after a couple of minuets of me trying my best to keep my mouth shut the woman on the till smiled a sympathetic smile and told us to go get our coffee and we could pay her later...aaaaaaahhhhhhhh some people make my blood boil lol...its ok you can come out now my mini rant is over and the coast is clear...my card for today is using one of the brand new images from Crafts and Me, they are a set of silhouettes and this little cutie is called Fayette...its so weird for me to make a card that doesn't take any colouring but I like the look of these, Im not sure I did it justice though...the stunning papers are from the Prima Printery 6x6 paper pad I bought ages ago, I didn't really need much to finish as the designs of the papers are so gorgeous, well I didn't think I did...I distressed the papers and added a ribbon and bow, some punched dragonflies and a few circle, I use an office hole punch for making tiny dots of papers, I just find it easier...I then added a sentiment from a sheet of Basicgrey Little black dress alphabet stickers...the fab sketch is from Simon Says Stamp challenge and I'm also entering it for the Craft Your Days Away challenge and the Stampalot challenge, I'm sure there was a monochrome challenge I meant this card for but I cant remember where it is...don't worry I haven't forgotten about my candy winner I will announce it later today, we are having a family lunch today but not the whole Sunday lunch works, just pie that Phil made, salad and baked potatoes...but we get the pleasure of a table full of family, love those kind of days don't you...whatever your up to today I hope you have a lovely relaxing one
Mina xxx

34 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Mina, I'm with you - the silhouettes look fantastic! That is a real clever touch with the hole punch ( I've been doing a similar thing to make a stencil and ink some dots on lol). A really beautiful card
Dot x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous and elegant Mina....enjoy your lunch!
xxx Margreet

mags said...

Lovely card Mina. The silhouette is gorgeous and this is such an elegant card. You have really done it justice.
Mags
x

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous silhouette fairy Mina..You are so patient with that lady...I just push their trays out of the way, and do a stare down...lol..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie said...

Beautiful silhouette card, I love that fairy image :o)
Jackie xx

angelwhispers said...

Simply beautiful Mina and you have done justice to the image it looks so elegant! Chanelle xxx

Marion said...

Hi Mina,
This is fantastic and an unusual style for you. I just love it and thos mag papers.
Have a wonderful day with the family.
hugs
Marion

My'scardcorner said...

This is lovley keep meaning to try silhouettes you might just of persauded me .Enjoy your family lunch.
Myrax

Jo said...

Beautiful, elegant card,Mina! Enjoy your lunch! Blowing a gale here too, kept me up half the night!
Jo x

Exclusively by Mel said...

Love this card Mina!!
So striking, and very beautiful!
The butterflies and punched holes look superb.
What a rude woman! Some people have no idea, really!!
Love, Mel. xxx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

tilly said...

love these new girls, a fab card, have a lovely lunch, it sounds great,
Tilly

Sue said...

A simply gorgeous card Mina,have a lovely day.
Hugs Sue xx

Janette said...

Oh Mina I think you did it justice, it's gorgeous, must admit I love to see cards like this, makes a nice change...

As for that woman...oh I don't know how you held your tongue girl...lol...xxxx

Hanneke said...

Lovely! Love the black and white and grey and that sillhouette and sentiment. Hope you'll have a great day! Hugs, Hanneke

Turtle In The Sand said...

What a shock - Pinkpuds with no color. These silhouette stamps are
beautiful. I think I may like them better this way. My imagination gets a work out on what they are wearing. You got the drama goning on here girlfriend! Have a lovely family day Mina.

Grenouille Greetings said...

On the contrary, Mina - you have indeed done this pretty image justice! Hugs, Lesley

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Multi-talented you! Great layout. I really like the dragon flies and how
you let her wings extend off the matting. Love it.

Kizzy said...

Woww this is so amazing I LOVE this, the papers are wonderful too.
Great work.
Hugs Kizzy

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful card. That monochrome challenge is Sir Stampalot. Hope you had a lovely family lunch. Check out my candy winner. Marianne x

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
this is a gorgeous card hunni
i just love the image and the color
hugs angelique

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Very striking card. Enjoy your family lunch. Donna

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous Mina, hope lunch was fun, Jo x

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Mina! I love the monochromatic effect and the wonderful silhouette! Hope you had a nice family lunch!

Rebecca said...

hi Mina your card is gorgeous and the fairy is so beautiful.
love from Rebecca xx

Miss Emerald said...

Mina, the card is real beauty! It looks like a snapshot of the nightlife of fairies!

Mau xx said...

This is Lovely Mina, love the B/W and the dragonflies are a lovely touch xxxxxx
Glad you had a lovely family lunch, its so special when we have these times together xxxxx Hope Dad is doing OK xxxxxxxx

Lau W said...

I love your card very very very....much ! So elegant !
Ouch, some people are so "bad" pfff !
Hugs and kisses my friend !

Wendy said...

So beautiful Mina, fabulous card.
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

A really beautiful card Mina.

Thank you for joining us over at CYDA for our 'Distressing' challenge.

Hugs

Joanne x

coops said...

so stunning mina.i really love the silhoutte fairy and the mono colours are fab :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

WOW!!! amazing detail as ever Mina all your cards are just gorgeous!! a beautiful make.
Hugs
Sarah x

Bernie said...

Wow this is amazing! The silhouettes look fantastic! The hole punch is a clever idea. Thanks for visiting and your lovely comment on my blog.
Blessings Bernie

Jolanda said...

Wow! your card is so elegant it's gorgeous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...