Thursday, January 05, 2012

roses in bloom...

Good morning everyone I hope your all safe and warm, its still blowing a hurricane here and I finally picked my bins up just to hear them go flying to the bottom again a couple of hours later...they are bloody staying there now until the wind and rain and hail has gone for at least 8 hours and so is the rubbish...its seems most of Europe got these storms too, there has been thousands of home without electricity too...strange in these technological days that a few storms and the whole grid goes haywire...haven't these people heard of more modern ways of getting it to us...right rant over, well for today anyway lol...I managed to get some DT commenting done last night and a few more of my own but it was like ploughing through treacle, I think the storms have slowed down the internet too if that's possible lol...I was watching Mamma Mia last night and thought hhhmmmmm I fancy a Gin and Tonic to help lubricate the vocal chords for singing along, fatal mistake all it did was make me incredibly sleepy, see that's what happens when you have a drink every six months or so lol...ok now onto my card for today which is for our new challenge at Colour Create challenge, our lovely Edna chose the colours of Cream, Sage and Red this time and I love them except you know what I'm like with red and of course I had to colour this beautiful Just Inklined digi called Rose Bloom in red didn't I (would you believe this is the amazing price of £1)...everything went brilliant until I picked it up and smudged the top corner...aaaarrrrggghhhhh another revenge of the red lol.... I used this amazing velvet embossed paper from the Kaisercraft Velvet Ensemble 6.5x6.5 paper pad from Bunny Zoe's Crafts and added some cream card as a contrast, I finished with some lush wide cream satin ribbon and a huge bow...the lush sketch is from Mojo Monday...I'm off out with my Dad today so hope the weather improves a bit, he struggles in the wind and it takes his breath away...I'm always scared getting out of his new car in case the door snaps back and dents, I have done this before oops...whatever your up to today keep safe and warm and watch out for bendy doors
Mina xxx
colours used
reds - Fired brick and Aged Mahogany
green - Bundled Sage
shading in box - Antique Linen

39 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous spotlight card, Mina and your colouring of the roses is fantastic - I don't think you need to worry about the reds at all!
I hope you have a lovely trip out with your Dad. This wind and rain is dreadful - it was like standing on the deck of a trawler here yesterday!
Diane x

Natka said...

Mina, it's a lovely card!
In Poland we have a windy weather today also...

Ελευθερία said...

really beautiful card!!! (as always lol)
like the "sepia" detail in the red roses!!!
Here in Samos (Greece) was raining all night.... but now the sun is starting to show!!! but toooo cooollldddd...bbbbrrrrr

have a good day!!!

Jackie said...

Oh wow, stunning card, love the way you have highlited part of the beautiful image :o)
It is still blowing a very wet gale over here in England too :o(
Jackie xx

Chrissy said...

Beautiful spotlight card Mina, love the roses and lush ribbon...Tske care in that wind...we very calm in NZ, but have certainly had our share of wind and rain, but nothing compared to what we hear is going on over there...take care..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Squirrel x said...

Still blowing a hooley over here too hun - not had a lot of sleep, what with it shaking my tree so hard that my acorns came loose. Beautiful card hun, and so unusual, your reds look perfect to me, and I love the highlight square. Inspired. Have a good one, and stay safe. Hugs Sxx

Denise said...

Gorgeous card Mina - love the spotlight detail and gorgeous paper.
Blowing a gale here in Surrey too - take care when you go out with your dad.
Hugs
Denise xx

Crafty Loops said...

Wow that rose image is amazing and how youve done it is pretty incredible, Ive never seen anything like this done before. And yes, being in the same country as you....its blowing a gale and I have a very soggy moggy who was kicked outside at 4am....she wanted out....but who is now rapping the letter box wanting in!! She's the only one who uses the front door! Everyone else uses the back door! Bloomin' cat and her etiquette. Lee x

Marie-Louise said...

What a great card. Love the highlighted area idea. The backing papers are really lovely.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow what a beautiful image and gorgeous backing paper. Know what you mean about commenting. So much faster when I use my new I Pad. Stay safe today and be carfeul of those car doors.

My'scardcorner said...

Its lovley Mina and the backing paper is perfect.
Hope you stay safe in this dreadfull wind know what you mean the car doors just fly out of your hand dont they take care.
Myrax

Naomi Johnson said...

Stunning card and using one of my all time favourite images too! I adore the paper - sumptious I think is my word of choice. Weather still utterly miserable here too

arjette said...

Oooohhh that's an awesome card!!! Love what you did with the rose!!!

groetjes arjette.

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie gorgeous card love the paper it look lovely & rich. Image is also fab hun.
I know what you mean about the drink I have to stay away from the wine gums hun, half a bag of those & I'm anybodys lol. Think my last drink was about 3 years ago lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, love this gorgeous rose, and how original that square you left uncoloured. Have a great day hun, hugs Frea

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a fab technique - i love the beautiful roses and flowers
Lisa x

Lorna said...

Hi Mina just found your blog and have become a follower i must say its fabulous and your cards are amazing i have really enjoyed looking around
Lorna xx

heidy said...

Hi Mina the waether here is terrable I have some waterdamage in my hall and they can repair it by monday so I hope the sun will come out duh
As always your card is gorgeous!
XXX Heidy

mags said...

Hi Mina. Love the card and the spotlighting you have done. The paper you have used is gorgeous.
Mags
x

Jessie said...

Well this beautiful card would brighten any day!

Shanna Shands said...

I really love what you did. This is just amazing and wonderful. A new technique I have never seen but I love how it turned out!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! I love the background paper and the beautifully spotlighted roses! Hope the wind dies down soon!

Sue said...

Lovely card Mina,thanks for reminding me I have this beautiful rose.We came home from France as the weather was getting worse.Boy,where we glad to get home.It has died down a lot now,yippie.Hope your weather has calmed down too.
Hugs Sue xx

Sinikka said...

What a beautiful card and so lovely with the white effect. Love it!!!!
Hugs Sinikka

Peggy said...

Another fab card Mina. I think you must have been sprinkled with magic crafting fairy dust at new year. Dee x

Sarpreet said...

gorgeous (I just shared some news on my blog, would appreciate if you have the time to pop on by)

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Mina
A gorgeous and beautiful card
Happy New Year
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Miss Emerald said...

The card is very beautiful! Interesting idea for roses! Congratulations!

pinky said...

Gorgeous card Mina, love the spotlight technique. The weather calmed a bit here in the afternoon, hope it did the same for you and your dad.

Gretha said...

Wow the card is beautiful, the rose is coloured fantastic.
It was very windy here too in Holland.
Hugs Gretha

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Beautiful card. Love your colouring and detail. Hope you had a good day out, still very windy but I don't think it was just as bad as it has been. Donna

coops said...

wow this is fantastic mina.i love the techinique on the gorgeous roses and your colouring is beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Andrea said...

Such a stunning card - your red colouring always looks fab to me.
I hope you've got your bins back now and that they stay put.
Love, Andrea xx

Sherri said...

Beautiful coloring, Mina! These roses look so real, I can almost smell their fragrance. I would never have thought of the layout, but it is quite effective! Stay warm & safe in all that wind!

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the reverse spotlighting! Hope the winds and the rest of the bad weather leaves soon!

June Nelson said...

Now this is different.......waht a brilliant idea........I love it darl xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Turtle In The Sand said...

That is a lot of red for you Mina. How are your nerves lol? Love the drama created by the Antique Linen block. Hugs, Linda

Juls said...

very stylish! Hugs Juls

Julie said...

Hi Mina - to use one of your words, this card is LUSH!! Great image and I love the little highlighted piece!! Wowzer papers too!! Hugs, Juliexx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...