Friday, August 19, 2011

getting all sentimental...

Good morning everyone...did you all enjoy the blog hop yesterday, didn't the DT girls do amazing work...I hope you remembered to leave a comment on all the blogs so you get a chance of winning one of the Mo's vouchers...well yesterday I had a crafting day and my lovely Phil made pies for dinner, our Daughter, partner and my wonderful Dad came for dinner too...lovely night...we had one of those conversations yesterday, all you married people will know what I mean...I was in my craft room and Phil had the TV in the kitchen really loud, so when I heard him come out the kitchen I shouted down 'your TV is really loud, I cant hear myself think'...his reply 'I haven't switched it up...it was that loud ten minuets ago'??????????...now what on earth does that mean, after a few seconds thinking I started laughing and he couldn't understand what I was laughing at...it wasn't that the TV had got louder, I had thought it was loud since it had been switched on but hadn't had the chance to tell him is all lol...Phil's a wonderful chef, cooking to me is a chore, I think its because I spend so many meals alone, my idea of cooking is a bowl of cereal...Phil cooks himself full meals with dessert...my card for today is for our new challenge at Just Magnolia & hAnglar & sTanglar challenge, this week is the amazing Claudia's choice and she chose Out of the Box Sentiments, so use something that's not the normal sentiment, if you check out the DT's blogs you will see what I mean, I used this gorgeous new Magnolia stamp from the Winner Takes it all collection, shes called Basket Tilda, isn't she so cute with her basketball...I coloured her with distress inks and teamed her up with these wow papers from the Authentique Blissful paper pad, the pad and stamp are from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, I finished my card with a printed sentiment, some buttons and a grey satin knot, the fab sketch is from Tuesday morning sketches challenge, The Ribbon Reel challenge and I'm also entering it for A spoon full of Sugars Birthday challenge...I'm off to the supermarket today with my wonderful Dad and Phil and maybe out to lunch or some of Phil's lush pie (he made a secret one so we could have some left as everyone takes bits home with them)...whatever your up to today have a wonderful one
Mina xxx

37 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Gorrrrrrrrrrrgeous! And that sentiment made me laugh out loud. Hugs Sxx

kelly ledder said...

Fab sentiment and the image is just fab!

Diane said...

A fabulous card, Mina! I have to confess that I haven't been too enamoured with this latest Maggie collection but you may be making me change my mind!
That sentiment is amazing and really made me smile, I may have to use that one day!
Diane x

My'scardcorner said...

ute card and sentiment Mina and love that heart button. Lucky you having a hubby who likes to cook mine doesnt and Im not that keen these days but needs must. Enjoy your day with Phil and Dad .
Myrax

tilly said...

love your sentiment, very pretty card, wish I was nearer for some of Phils cooking lol, enjoy your day

Tilly

Vicky said...

Fantastic card hun love this Tilda & the sentiment is just awesome.
I love love love cooking but I find basic meals a chore they bore me sooooooooo much so hubby does the basic which we dont have too often & I do the fancy stuff lol.....I've still got totake meals to my son when he moves out lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

arjette said...

What a great card!!! I was laughing when I was reading the sentiment!! That last line was surely unexpected!! Haha

gr. arjette.

heidy said...

Gourges Mina love the yellow!
And that sentiment is great !
XXX Heidy

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Mina,
This card is beautiful. I love the colours and the sweet image. The sentiment is brilliant.
Glad you had a great time with the family - mine are arriving tonight for a week.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Knerten said...

Such a sweet image, haven't seen this one before :-)
Lovely card, Mina.
Have a nice weekend !

Tinchen said...

Wunderschöne Karte.
Schönes Wochenende.



LG Tinchen

Janette said...

Hi Mina,
Gorgeous sweet card, Tilda just looks so cute, and I love that sentiment, so good, will have to remember that one.xx

Christine L said...

Lovely card Mina.... and I'm with you on the cooking.... my darling OH does it all here... and I used to be a good cook, but forget all i ever learned as someone is happy to do it for me!! hehe
Hugs
Christine x

Andrea said...

Lovely card, fab sentiment!
Your meal sounds wonderful, and fancy having to cook a spare pie and hide it - must be good!!!!
Have a lovey day today, and a wonderful weekend.
Love, Andrea xx

Sue said...

Hi Mina,great sentiment.Lovely card too.Hope you are having a lovely day.
Hugs Sue xx

Jane said...

Excellent sentiment Mina...v. witty! xxx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card Mina,love the yellow and fab sentiment.
Wendy xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is cute - love the sentiment and the papers are gorgeous
Lisa x

Crafty Loops said...

What a brilliant sentiment Mina, so funny. And the card is beautiful, I just love yellow. Really stunning. Hope you have a nice day out with your Daddy and Phil. Lee xx

Sara I. said...

Simply fabulous! Love the ruled papers and buttons - you've colored the image gorgeously. The sentiment is hilarious! Glad I stumbled onto your blog - became a new follower! xx

Marion said...

Hi Mina,
Gorgeous card and colour combo. Such a lovely Tilda and 'oh my' that sentiment is just the best.
hugs
Marion

Oscar said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at The Ribbon Reel this fortnight!

Barbara said...

Very fun card and I love that sentiment!

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, love this card, great sentiment!! Hugs, Frea

coops said...

stunning card mina.your colours and details are gorgeous and i love the sweet image and sentiment :D

xx coops xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Loved the last two too but, again, this one made me laugh. Fab papers and colour choices. Tilda looks cock a hoop and your sentiment again made me laugh! Hugs, Lesley

Sherri said...

She is adorable & I LOVE the sentiment! it was just perfect for her. I can always count on you to have something wonderful to share. You are one lucky woman! Having a hubby who cooks is every woman's dream!

Jackie said...

What a ebautiful card, I love that sentiment :o)
Jackie xx

Turtle In The Sand said...

Tilda looks like she heard the sentiment and turned around to give you that look! Very funny and beautifully colored as usual.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Mina and love the sentiment, Beautiful colouring and design as always. Hope you are having a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

KarenB said...

Oooh I love that sentiment, it made me smile :) Fabulous colours xx

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Mina, such a sweet image and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

XxJULESxX said...

totally gorgeous Mina and i love the sentiment!

Melissa Craig said...

What a super card! I love the yellows and the buttons. And most of all, that sentiment!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Lorraine said...

I just love this lol. She's great and the colours are too.

Can I pinch your verse? I love it, lol.

Hank Hendricks said...

This is so beautiful. So beautiful design. I have worked for the plastic business cards and this card inspire me so much. I appreciate this.

Plastic business cards said...

Unique approach to use buttons to embellish card and this shade of yellow always fascinates me.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...