Monday, August 08, 2011

its a double day...

Good morning everyone did you all have a fantastic weekend, I hope you had the best one ever...we had a quiet Sunday, in fact every time I sat down I nodded off and Phil wasn't much better I heard him softly snoring a couple of times too bless him, I think all this decorating and renovating is catching up with us... well it was bound to sooner or later wasn't it...well this is a long post today so I will get straight onto it...my first card is for our new challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge and this month is our fab teamie Silvie's choice and she chose Easel Cards...I love making easel cards don't you...I chose to use this fantastically cute Tickled Pink Lil Pinkette Tom Boyz Pippa stamp, I love that look on her face don't you, I coloured her with distress inks and teamed her up with these lush lush Echo Park Victoria Garden papers, gorgeous aren't they, I'm so pleased I persuaded myself to bye these (do you think I took a lot of persuading lol)...I finished with some buttons, string and ribbon and a tag cut from the same papers...I cant wait to see all your fantastic easel cards you make for our Bunny Zoe's Crafts challenge this time round...I'm entering this for the Papertake Weekly and Craft Us Crazy challenges

my next card is for a brand new monthly challenge from The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge and for our first challenge the lovely Sarah chose...well what else could it be for the first challenge but Ribbons, as simple as add a ribbon to your creation or make something spectacular using ribbons, your choice...I chose to use this beautiful 25mm wide Baby Blue Satin ribbon and a few buttons from the Blues Button Pack both from the Pretty Little Ribbon shop, I also used this beautiful Carousel Horse digi stamp from Rick St Denise's Etsy shop, I coloured it with distress inks and used a mix of spots and striped papers
there's something about pink and blue together isn't there...its one of those colour combos that always works so well...Im entering this for the Sketch N Stash challenge (my new stash is the ribbon and the old stash is the digi I have had it ages) and the Stamp Something August Digi challenge too...when you have the time pop on over to our challenge blogs and see what the rest of our teams have come up with, there's so many hugely talented people on the teams...
phew that was a long one wasn't it and thanks for sticking with it everyone, well that's if you stuck with it lol, I promise tomorrows will be much shorter and a little treat for all of you...I'm off to the Post Office then out for coffee with my wonderful Dad today...whatever your up to have a fantastic day
Mina xxx

45 comments:

Bernadet said...

great cards Mina.
The first one is such a beautifull image!!

Sarah said...

Both are lovely Mina, the bow on the second card is simply stunning!

cebelica said...

Hi Mina!
I'm sorry because I've been MIA lately, but it's pretty busy at work and therefore my time for blogging is very limited. *sigh* But when I can, I still love to do some blog hopping. :D
I really like your cards - they are fab. You're very, very talented! :)

Have a nice day! Hugs!

Chrissy said...

Two beauties Mina, fabulous colouring and images and love the pale blue bow...gorgeous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous, beautiful cards.
luv
Debby

petra,s cards said...

good morning mina, your cards are fabulous!!! love the first one that image is sooo cute!!!
xx petra

tilly said...

2 gorgeous cards, love them both, how come.... whenever I make a card I struggle to find a challenge then the following week up on pops???? Iput an easel card on 3 days ago lol
Tilly

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Mina .Two amazing cards with pretty papers and ribbon and buttons and beautifully coloured images .Was a treat to visit .
hugs Shirley-anne.

Sasha said...

Two super cards, Mina! Such pretty images and papers. Love what you did with your ribbon bow x

Janette said...

Fab cards Mina, love the carousel horse, he looks spectacular.xx

Renkata said...

Two adorable cards Mina.

heidy said...

Two beautiful cards Mina and love that blue bow!
XXX heidy

cheryl said...

oh wow hun,these are just stunning oh your detail always amazes me you are one super talented lady hun brilliant work hugs cherylxxxxx
ps were do you get your beautiful ribbon from xxxxxxxx

Sue said...

Both lovely cards Mina,love the face on your Bunny Zoe's challenge card and your Carousel horse is gorgeous.Have a lovely day.
Sue x x

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow both are gorgeous Pinky.. so pretty especially the second. I love the carousel horse
Lisa x

Marilyn said...

Wowsa, these are gorgeous! Couldn't pick a fave because they are both lovely!

Lau W said...

Oh wow, fabulous cards, very lovely !
xxx

Margreet said...

both are fab cards, Mina!
xxx Margreet

Christine L said...

Two fabulous cards Mina.... think the first one just tips the scales for me though! Hope you had a lovely catch up with your Dad over coffee and put the world to rights... (difficult job with the financial crisis.... could've taken all of TWO coffees!)
Hugs
Christine x

Bernie said...

These cards are both delightful! The first image reminds me of my granddaughter digging in my garden when she was little and her mother was not happy with G-Ma for letting her get so dirty. The second is just precious.
Blessings Bernie

Jane said...

Woah There Horsey!!! I agree...that blue n' pink combination is perfect & that horse is gorgeous. The gal in the garden is Me!! xxx

Marion said...

Hi Mina,
Two stunning cards hun. Love them both. Awesome colouring and layouts as usual. Your farmhouse is looking fabby inside.
hugs
Marion

Exclusively by Mel said...

They are both so gorgeous.
Very pretty second card,love your lush ribbon!!
Love, Mel. xx

pinky said...

They are both gorgeous. Love the little tomboy image in the first and yes pink and blue are just made for each other in the right shade:)

Andrea said...

Hi Mina - two gorgeous cards there - I love both images. I can just imagine that little girl having fun with earthworms (yeuch!) LOL!
Love, Andrea xx

Jacqueline (Sjakkie) said...

Both cards are so sweet and beautiful Mina, as always!
Hugs Jacqueline

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card you made ​​Mina again. Find the stamps also very cute.

hugs AStrid.

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Mina,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jeni said...

Both are so beautiful Mina!! That first one looks just like something I would have been doing when I was younger and the carousel reminds me of my Grandma. Love them both ~jeni :)

angelwhispers said...

Two beautiful cards Mina but my fav is the pretty horse just a darling! Chanelle xxx

Crafty Loops said...

Mina these are two beautiful cards. I love how you have done the ribbon on the second card, its so beautiful. Sounds like all the decorating has knackered you and your hubby. Its tough going renovating a house. Well Im sure you are delighted with your achievements and your photos looked brilliant. Gorgeous cards today. Lee x

coops said...

fantastic cards mina.the images are gorgeous and superb colouring and designs :D

xx coops xx

Turtle In The Sand said...

That little tomboy just catches my heart. She is so adorable. You are so right about pink and blue together. You will never go wrong with gingham checked and polka dots.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful creations, Mina! Love your coloring, as usual, and your ribbon bows are always so lush looking!

Maris said...

hi Mina i am back from holiday, and what a great pices of the bungalow, love your new cards too xx

Diane said...

Two fabulous cards, Mina but the second one is probably my fave!

I would still love to know how you stick down that wonderful ruffled ribbon!
Diane x

Tinchen said...

Zauberhaft schöne Karten.



LG Tinchen

Angie said...

Gorgeous card love the image and the colours are fab. Thanks for joining us at papertake weekly this time
Angie x

XxJULESxX said...

wow both gorgeous Mina!!

Jackie said...

Two gorgeous card :o)
Jackie xx

Teresa said...

Sorry Mina it's been a while since I've visited your blog and you've been so busy, these cards are fantastic. Teresa xx

Daniele said...

sooooo sweet thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash
hugs

Andrea C said...

Both superb cards and gorgeous images but you have made them come alive with your colouring and your cardmaking talents xx

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Two very beautiful cards. Love both images and the colours and papers are gorgeous. Donna

Anonymous said...

A pony truly pretty and adorable card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...