Saturday, August 13, 2011

a smouldering look and some velvet...

Good morning everyone do you have anything exciting planned for today, we are off to the opticians with my lovely Dad this afternoon and out to lunch with my gorgeous Phil and you never know maybe even a little trip to the craft shop as I need linen card to make my blanks and its a perfect excuse to have a mooch isn't it...now even if I say so myself my soup was extra lush last night and everyone had two large bowls of it and of course our Daughter had to take some home too just in case shes gets peckish, I wonder where she puts it as shes only a little slip of a thing shes so slim (she obviously takes after her Dad not me lol)...oh I took some photos of the clock and mirror I bought and will show you them tomorrow...right my card for today is a combination I think works really well together...this gorgeously handsome broody figure is Dare from Mo's Digital Pencil, I coloured him with distress inks and even managed the dreaded red for his vest too, I'm loving these new images from Mo don't you...I teamed him up with these amazing papers from another Kaisercraft paper pad I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, this one is called Velvet Ensemble, its hard to see but the red brocade background really is flocked velvet and the deep red is glazed and raised, the sentiment is from the same pad...this is a stunning paper pad and I think it will be wonderful for Christmas too don't you...the fab sketch is from Tuesday Morning sketches...whatever your up to today I hope you have a brilliant one and that the suns shines on you
Mina xxx

37 comments:

Margreet said...

Brilliant card, Mina....great colouring of that cool guy!
xxx Margreet

cheryl said...

oh hun this is brilliant love that guy amazing coloring hun,hope you have a great day hun love hugs cherylxxxx

Renkata said...

wow this is some gorgeous guy.
Very chic card Mina.

Lisa Jane said...

ooh the soup sounds scrummy ... although we should be eating salads in scorching weather not HOT soup in August!!
Fab card .. he looks very suave
Lisa x

kbrandy4 said...

Wow! Mina, when i first saw this image i thought what do we do with it but you have created something really inspiring with the papers and sentiment. Thank you so much Mina!

Hugs Hazel xx

Marion said...

Hi Mina,
Gorgeous card and such lush paper. Great image and love that text. Have a wonderful day.
hugs
Marion

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Mina
A fabulous card great image and lush paper's have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Fleur said...

A great card Mina, The image is awesome. Big HUGZ Fleur xXx

Ali said...

Oh he's gorgeous xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie this is fantastic loving the image & that paper is very luxurious. Enjoy your day hunni.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Tara said...

Love the card Mina and that paper looks like fabulous flocked wall paper! Talking of wallpaper I saw your piccies of the dining room the other day and I have to say it looks stunning!! And I love the green bargain paper you picked up - I've just done a feature wall in my lounge with something very similar and it looks great!
Thanks also for picking me in the Top Three at Crafts and Me the other day ;o)
Hugs Tara xx

Janette said...

WOW Mina this is stunning, I love the image and the way you coloured him, the paper is so lush and that sentiment is fabulous, always loved that verse, think it's so lovely...Have a good wk-end.xx

Julie said...

So in love with this image, Mina, especially now I've seen your card!! Can't wait to colour mine up!! Absolutely stunning card!! Hugs,Juliexx

heidy said...

Wow Mina,he's so handsome!
Beautiful papers and I love that sentiment!
Have a fab day!
XXX Heidy

Exclusively by Mel said...

Mina, he's so dashing. Love the colours you used on him.
Superb card!
Have a great weekend. Your soup sounds yummy!
Love, Mel. xx

Shazza said...

FABULOUS!!!! Have a good weekend x

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, yes it's a great image, love the way you put him in front of that oval. Hugs, Frea

tilly said...

what a handsome young man,.... in his tight trousers as well lol..... bet Mo loved drawing this one hehehe, super papers
Tilly

My'scardcorner said...

Its brilliant Mina and I love that sentiment and flock backing paper perfect.
Myrax

Crafty Loops said...

Ohhh very handsome card Mina, I love the background paper too. Lee xx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Mina,he is very handsom.Love that paper.
Sue xx

nessy said...

stunning card mina ~your colouring is amazing!!
vanessa xx

Barbara said...

Mina, I just left you some love over on Mo's Dream Team. In summary --- you are a GENIUS!

coops said...

fantastic card mina.the flocked paper is scrummy and i love the image, he is very dapper ;D

xx coops xx

Chrissy said...

Amazing colouring Mina. Brilliant image, and the papers are stunning,
Fabulous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Theresa said...

Hi Mina, what a fabulous image and wow you've colored him so perfectly. Very well done. Thanks for playing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Rufus said...

WOWSA!! Love this...image, coloring, paper, sentiment tag, everything! Oh I'm been trying to say out of Mo's store...but you keep tempting me!! BAD MINA! LOL
Hope you have a fabulous weekend,
R/

Marita said...

Wow, i love this card♥. The paper, image, colouring, i love everything about it.

Have a nice Sunday.

Hugs Marita♫♫

Christine L said...

Very Mr Darcy-esque..... Love it Mina!
Hugs
Christine x

Janine - Ellabella said...

Wooowwwww your cards are always amazing! Hugs janine

The Craft Bucket said...

Another beauty, loving this image. Jane x
http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

Grenouille Greetings said...

Your Tilda is very sweet and pretty but I love this moody man! Great colouring throughout of course! Hugs, Lesley

Riet said...

So beautiful card Mina,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Melissa Craig said...

Wow - this is really elegant! Great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Andrea C said...

He is super cool and I LOVE that sentiment it is so true x

D K Crafts said...

Hi Mina. Great male card. Love the colours, image and layout and great sentiment. Donna

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! Love the lush paper and your brilliant coloring of that beautiful image!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...