Monday, August 29, 2011

bestest friends are forever...

Good morning everyone did you all have a fantastic weekend...I hope you all did something lovely and had fun...we had a quiet weekend, we bought some lamp shades that when I took out of the box turned out to be lime green so they are heading back to the shop very quickly lol...then we headed to Marks and Spencer's and bought some yummy stuff, their food is always so lush and moreish isn't it, then home to watch Phil snoozing and catch up with challenge commenting, I never seem to catch up with commenting I must learn to type faster your know...ooohhhh and on Saturday we bought a new vaccum which Phil was fascinated with (now that's rare as I'm the gadget person not him) because its suction would strip wallpaper off and you want to see what came out of our hall carpet...shocking...so that was a result that Phil did all the hoovering while saying have you seen how much muck this is getting out of the carpets and I tried to watch Dr Who...right now onto my card for today which is for the Bunny Zoe's Crafts DT using this fantastic little sweetie and her bestest friend from Whimsy Stamps called Whimsy Valerie and Sitting Pretty, isn't she a cutie, I coloured them with distress inks and used more of the lush Authentique Blissful 6x6 paper pad, I used more flower fantasy wooden ornaments but this time I stained them with distress inks, they take colour really well and the colour stays true...the sentiment is from the Kaisercraft mini clear sentiment stamp set Friends (these sets are brilliant value, really cheap and one for every occasion)...the lush sketch is from Sweet Sketch Wednesday and I'm also entering this for the City Crafter Best of Friends challenge and Totally Gorjuss As you like it challenge too...right I'm off to change my shades today, cant be having lime green as I would need sunglasses indoors...have a wonderful day everyone
Mina xxx
p.s. I have a sneaky peek for your tomorrow...hint hint it might be very sweet and sugary


36 comments:

Bernadet said...

Beautiful card Mina!! The image is very lovely.

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous image Mina, so pretty in yellow.Lovely papers and I love the wooden flowers.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card Mina, I love the mainy natural colours :o)
Strangely enough I am saving for a new vacuum cleaner LOL
Jackie xx

tilly said...

very pretty card, love the soft yellow dress.... I could do with a new vaccum that comes with a man attached for cleaning lol
Tilly

cheryl said...

hi hun funny i have just bought a new hoover he he,anyway the card is gorgeous just love the color tones on this hugs cherylxxx

My'scardcorner said...

She sure is a cutie and such a lovely array of backing papers makes a lovely csrd Mina. Enjoy your shopping and get it right this time girl lol
Myrax

My'scardcorner said...

She sure is a cutie and such a lovely array of backing papers makes a lovely csrd Mina. Enjoy your shopping and get it right this time girl lol
Myrax

Andrea C said...

Very very very very very cute card x

Kathie said...

Hi Mina, what a wonderful card every little girls dream such a cute image. Love your colours and your pretty embellishments. Great job and thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.

Kathie SSW-DT

heidy said...

Gorgeous Mina!
Hugs Heidy

Diane said...

Gorgeous, Mina and a most unusual colour combo!
Diane x

Ros said...

Beautiful beautiful card Mina ... love the image you used ... thanks so much for joining us at CCCB

Patti P. said...

Mina, love the richness of your colors and the wooden ornaments are wonderful. And of course since my kitties are my best friends, I love your image....
Thanks so much for playing with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

Patti SSW/DT

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable.

Lisa Jane said...

aww she is a cutie .. and what a fab colour combo.. i love it !
The new hoover sounds amazing.. especially if it makes men do the hoovering lol
Lisa x

Crafty Loops said...

Gorgeous card Mina, the image is so pretty and I love the colour combination. Really terrific. Lee xx

Lau W said...

Lovely colors and lovely stamp, so cute !
xxx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the image & the papers are lush.
I took advantage of the 10% sale today......big advantage lol....

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Turtle In The Sand said...

I used to fix my daughters hair just this way. Oh she was such a cute little thing.

Those wooden embellishments take the distress inks beautifully.

Lime Green - OMG Take them back quick. Ha Ha

coops said...

gorgeous card mina.i love your stunning papers and embellies and the image is so sweet :D

xx coops xx

Lynne in NI said...

What a cutie! LOVE your mix of DPs and fab colour combo.

Jeannie said...

What a little cutie and the papers you used are beautiful! Great flowers too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Bernie said...

Another amazing card! Lovely image so beautifully colored. Fantastic papers and embellishments.
Blessings Bernie

Jo said...

Hi Mina, i've just started blogging and have found yours! This card is lovely, you have some great designs. Visit me if you have time.
Jo x

Sherri said...

Another beauty! And colored to perfection as always. I love the way you pick out the perfect DP combinations every time!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

mulberry station said...

Your card is precious. I love that sweet image and how you colored her up. Great choice of papers and colors. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

cnelson said...

Just as cute and sweet as can be!

Rufus said...

Had to laugh at the picture that came into my head of Phil hoovering while you lounged on the sofa watching the good Dr! I'm not sure hubby has ever run the vacuum in this household!
R/

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Mina .Hope you praised hubby for great job he did of vacuuming and assured him that nobody else would do it as good ..LOL
Might be one less job for you??
Love the little sweet image on this card and the stunning arrangement of papers .
Shirley-Anne

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is image is so adorable with her sweet kitty... beautiful colouring Mina and great layout and design. Have a great week! Big Hugs, Nikki x

Sue said...

Beautiful card Mina,love the lush papers and so cute image.
Sue xx

Mau xx said...

Super Mina, love the image and the selection of papers are great xx

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh what a cutie!!!! I love your sweet papaers, embellishment and colors. Have a sweet day . Arlana@SSW!!!

Lorraine said...

Aw, such a sweet card & image! And I thought you were going to say you put the lampshades on your heads and danced around - um, okay, so I'm always ready for fun when I read your blog, lol. We've got a Dyson vacuum and I am always amazed at how much stuff it picks up - cool.

Sharon Basel said...

Wow Mina this is so pretty. I love that sweet, dear image and your coloring is fabulous. The papers are so beautiful together and the colors are so lovely. A really beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...