Monday, August 19, 2013

do they work?


Good morning everyone I hope your all well and have had a fantastic weekend...sorry I haven't been about for a few days but the dreaded not being well poked its ugly head up again...that together with a few very busy days and I barely had the energy to climb into bed at night let alone do any crafting, in fact my lovely Phil has been doing the cooking too (one of the perks of not being too well lol)...I don't know about you but I so love being cooked for and not having to think about what to cook...he made a gorgeous herb salmon, honey glazed carrots and parmesan crushed new potatoes followed by apple and cinnamon crumble and nothing ready prepared either all cooked from fresh...it was scrummy and although my appetite isn't the best atm I ate every single last morsel...the poor man had to pop into work yesterday morning and came back sporting quite a deep gash to his head...if Phil is going to injure anywhere it will be head...we were once travelling to Las Vegas and Phil stood up and whacked his head on the tv monitor...I have never seen flight attendants move so fast...I think they had visions of emergency landing but despite the blood dribbling down his head he just shrugged it off he has a skull like granite thank goodness...this time he had done the same thing but on a machine at work...ouch...hes ok though...right now onto my card for today...have you seen these new pencil drawing type images from Mo's Digital Pencil yet?...alert to all you people who love colouring these are amazing to colour and look so real don't they...this is just one of them, you can tell which ones they are as they are so much more detailed...I love love love them to bits...this is the beautiful Mara and I coloured her with my distress inks and used some beautiful bright papers from the Echo Park - Here & Now 6x6 Paper Pad I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...Im loving these bright colour combos that are about atm dont you...I added a lush green ribbon bow and because one of the challenges was sunflowers and I didn't have any thought I would use a punch and try to make some instead...it didn't quite work though did it lol...maybe a darker centre would have worked better...the fab sketch is from The Sweet Stop Challenge (that's the one the sunflowers were for) and I'm also entering it for the Totally Gorjuss Challenge and the Totally Papercrafts Challenge too...my Dad needs a new travel wheelchair so I'm off out with him today to see if we can hunt one down...whatever your up to today have a brilliant accident free one
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - frayed burlap
outfit - spun sugar, pumice stone, tumbled glass scattered straw
dog - antique linen, frayed burlap, victorian velvet
bunny - pumice stone, victorian velvet
shading - pumice stone

11 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card Mina.
Gr Elly

Kelly Lloyd said...

Gosh, hope hubby hasn't got too much of an headache.
Hope you are feeling better soon too. The dinner sounds lovely, mmmmm
Your card is gorgeous, I must go check those images out
Hugs Kelly x

Tine said...

Mo has some gorgeous new images available, doesn't she. Love the colours you have used here too, Mina. My Phil can only cook beans on toast! LOL. Hope you are feeling better soon & that you manage to sort your dad's chair out.
Tine :)

Turtle In The Sand said...

She sure is a cutie Mina. I do love Mos images. I will have to check out the pencil ones.

Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I am so happy you were finally able to get in my blog. I have no idea what the issue was. Blogger can be such a booger somedays lol.

Mojca said...

Oh what a pretty and sunny card Mina. Oh thank god I also have a man who can cook, so I have also the privilege to be cooked for time to time :))) Hope Phil didn't hurt himself too bad! Hugs! Mojca

Cynthia said...

This is precious, Mina. Lovely coloring of this sweet image. Thanks for playing along with The Sweet Stop this week!

KandA said...

Gorgous card Mina. Love the softness of this super Mo image. Hope you and hubby are both okay now xx

mags said...

A lovely card Mina. The image is gorgeous and coloured beautifully.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
mags
x

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.i love the sweet image and your colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Indy's Designs said...

Goodness, this is just precious. Your soft coloring of this darling image is so sweet! So glad you shared at The Sweet Shop!
{hugs}
Debbie

Olivia said...

Lovely job. Thanks for joining us at TPC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...