Friday, August 23, 2013

roses and butterflies everywhere...


Good morning everyone, how was your week...the most amazing thing has happened our garden has sprung up again its all blooming again and there are butterflies (and the dreaded wasps) everywhere...our three rose bushes have 42 new buds on them ready to flower (loads of photos will be posted when they are open)...I was gobsmacked and would you believe the plants I persuaded Phil to chop to the top of the soil and he said had died have new life and are flourishing too...is this another summer I ask myself, well we can live in hope cant we lol...my poor Dad has a really nasty chest infection the poor lamb, its sods law that happens after we have booked the cottage so fingers crossed it clears up before next weekend...I'm quite looking forward to the cottage it looks beautiful (I would be looking forward to it more if someone could promise me I wont be ill while Im there though) and don't worry I will take loads of photos, I bet you were really worried I wouldn't take any weren't you lol...yeah right...right now onto my card for today...I love this gorgeous Tiffany digi from the Simply Sassy's at Sugar Nellie don't you...she is so pretty and those eyes are amazing...like all Krista Smith's images she is amazing to colour and I used my usual distress inks for her of course, it was only after I had loaded these photos I realised the last time I used this digis the colours were almost the same, they must just suit her lol...the lush papers are from a very old pad...Bo Bunny Gabrielle 6x6 paper pad its so long since I bought this I cant even remember where I got it from...the fabulous butterflies are cut from the pad and I finished with a lush cream satin ribbon and a few of my favourite 15mm Flat Back Rose Cabochons - Mixed Bag from Bunny Zoe's Crafts to finish, perfect colours for the papers aren't they...the fab sketch is from the Sketch Saturday Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Saturated Canary Challenge and the Paper Crafting Journey Challenge too...I'm going to do a little bit of gardening tidying, some crafting  and make seafood pasta for dinner tonight so busy busy today I think...as you can tell I'm feeling a bit better today thank goodness so Im going to use my day while I can...whatever your up to today I hope you have a great one
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
eyes - evergreeb bough
hair - antique linen, scattered straw
outfit - evergreen bough, pumice stone, tattered rose
headwear - evergreen bough, tattered rose
shading - pumice stone

10 comments:

Sammy said...

Lovely card! Gorgeous image, and love the colours!

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful colored card.
Gr Elly

PS I have a blogcandy

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is really pretty Mina.
X

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hey Mina! It's been a very long time since I have visited ANY blogs and it's great to see you with this super sweet image and this lovely card! Hope your Dad gets better soon! Oh and thank you for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday! Hugs, Lesley

mags said...

A gorgeous card Mina. Super image and love the papers and the fab butterflies. Hope your Dad feels better soon.
Mags
x

Mojca said...

Waw I love this image and your card looks soooo gorgeous!!! I am happy that your garden is looking better every day :) hugs! Mojca

coops said...

so beautiful mina.i love your butterflies and colours and the image is gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

CCC said...

Love your color choices, it is such a soft look.

KandA said...

Wow, I really love this card Mina. Fabulous colours and those butterflies are wonderful. Super design xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Oh Mina, your skills with those distress inks are just legendary! Love, love, love this card!!! Big hugs, Wends xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...