Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Is it that time already...


Good morning everyone hows your week going...has anyone noticed its starting to get dark by 9pm already...oh no please someone tell me it isn't that time yet...surely our summer cant be drawing to a close already...that makes me so sad...we have decided to see if we can catch the end of the summer and take my lovely Dad away for a week to explore some more of this beautiful island we live on...so end of August we are heading to a real thatched cottage for a week...the rest will do Phil good too I think...now for a little bit of a rant about my Dads new wheelchair...we were going to get it at the local Disability shop but it was £199 there and I found the exact same model online at a well know Pharmacy website with free postage for would you believe £69.99 and I think that's enough to pay for a fold up one to sit in his boot in case he needs it don't you...now how on earth can there be that much mark up in Northern Ireland (I checked online and every disability shop here was near enough the £200 mark) and almost 70% cheaper on the mainland why are disabled people here being penalised, what if you don't use the internet or don't know anyone else who does your stuck paying that horrendous amount for the same model...shocking isn't it...ok rant over lol...right now onto my card for today which is using this super cute little sweetie...shes a CC Designs stamp called Drozy's Darlings White isn't she a real cutie...I coloured her with my distress inks and teamed up with some papers from another new pad...these are from the stunning Teresa Collins 6x6" Paper Pad - Stationary Noted...its so gorgeous...I finished with some flowers and a tag cut from the same pad and a bow made with Organza Ribbon - White (25mm Wide), I love this ribbon because its wired and its so easy to make a perfect fluffy bow every time and if it gets crushed it can be reshaped...everything I used is from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the fab sketch is from Crazy 4 Challenge's and Im also entering it for the Cutie Pie Challenge and the Allsorts Challenge too...I'm having a catch up with crafting day today there's loads I need to get done so wish me luck, I need it lol...whatever your up too have a brilliant day without any rants needed lol
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - frayed burlap
dress - barn door, pumice stone, stormy sky
shading - pumice stone

16 comments:

Turtle In The Sand said...

She looks so cute Mina perched in that oval. The polka dot paper really sets it off too. I would have never thought to use that with the floral. Love it!

It is a real shame about the high prices for medical period. My poor husband is on 15 medicines and I can't begin to tell you the costs. Last week we bought 2 vials of his insulin and it was $156, after insurance. He uses that in one week too. Your Dad is lucky you knew to check the internet for prices.

Sammy said...

Gorgeous card! And beautifully coloured!

And I think it's disgusting that people try and take advantage of people in that kind of situation. It always seems that if you're in *need*, they'll bend you over a barrel backwards and squeeze every penny they can out of you. Because they can. :-( Good for you that you found a somewhat less extortionate option! :-)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous and so cute too.
luv
Debby

tilly said...

a beautiful card,, sure you will have a lovely holiday
Tilly

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Mina, I love the gorgeous papers and cute image. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week x

Sarah said...

A real cutie thanks for sharing at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Sarah

Shazza said...

lovely card Mina. Thatched cottage sounds blissful. As for the price of the wheelchair, totally ridiculous x

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, adorable card! Hugs Frea

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Mina .. gorgeous little card .. love that rose paper.
And re the wheelchair .. don't get me on the subject .. as an Occupational Therapist i know that any mention of disability and the price is hiked as they know people will pay it as they are often desperate.. makes me so cross
Lisa x

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.really sweet image and i love your soft blue and red colours :D

xx coops xx

mags said...

A lovely card Mina. Gorgeous design and colours.

mags
x

Mau xx said...

Sorry been mia Mina, but been having a peek back at your posts. All gorgeous creations as always and this is no exception. Love the paper and such a sweet image.
Hope you are feeling a little better in yourself, good to hear your MRI scan is on the 7th...my sister got hers today for the 6th so hope you both have good results xxxxxxxx
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina a beautiful card I do love your image, and those gorgeous papers. hugs Shirleyxx

MSTEELADY said...

Your card caught my eye its so bright and vivid. Beautiful card.

Jane Savage said...

Your colouring always blows me away, Mina. So gorgeous. Thank you for joining the Cutie Pie Challenge this week. Jane xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love drozy's darlings and this new one is divine! Love the papers you've paired it with Mina. What a striking combination of colours and utterly stunning card. Love it. Hugs, Wends x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...