Saturday, August 03, 2013

everyone needs at least one true friend...


Good morning everyone are you all doing anything exciting this weekend?...Phil's away marshaling again this weekend so I'm at a bit of a loose end but I think I will be heading out...our poor little deck garden has been devastated over the last few days by the wind and rain and is looking so sorry for itself...I have no idea what to do to bring it back to life or even how to save some of the plants...so if any of you know please leave me a comment telling me how too...btw do any of you know how this Google thingy works, I have been going to some of my favourite crafters blog only to be put onto some page that doesn't show me anything except their photo and no posts etc...any ideas?...I haven't had the best end to my week some people I love so so much hurt me without even a second thought but like most things we get over them don't we and have to go onwards and upwards (dont worry its not my lovely Phil lol)...the worst part is they didn't even think how much their actions would hurt I think and I don't know if that's better or worse...so I hope you have had a better week than me...right enough of being upset onto my card for today...I love this beautiful digi don't you, its so soft and beautiful feeling...its of course from Mo's Digital Pencil, I don't think I will ever get sick of looking at Mo's amazing images...this is the beautiful A Friend Is coloured with distress inks...I'm not sure I did justice to the dog though as I always struggle to colour animals...I found a half pad of these stunning K & Co Julianne 6x6 papers I bought ages and ages ago from Bunny Zoe's Crafts in my stash, now how on earth did I forget about this one, that's shocking isn't it...naughty Mina lol...I cut some of the flowers from the pad and used them as embellishments....oooooohhhhhhh I love a good cutting out session don't you...I finished my card with a green satin ribbon and bow and the sentiment that comes with the image printed on another of the papers from the pad...the fab sketch is one I scribbled down last week but cant remember what blog its from so if anyone knows let me know so I can give them credit but I'm entering this for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Creatalicious Challenge and the Crafting By Designs Challenge too...right I'm off to put the war paint on and smile and head out for the day...no way I'm sitting in feeling sorry for myself lol...have an amazing day everyone and whatever your up to I hope you have fun
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - frayed burlap
outfit - stormy sky, pumice stone
stool - mixture of peeled paint, shabby shutters, pumice stone
dog - antique linen, tumbled glass
shading - pumice stone

27 comments:

Turtle In The Sand said...

Lovely card. Nothing better than a dog for a friend! I am not sure about the google thing. If you are clicking their name on your comment section that will take you to the page you describe. Then you would have to click on one of their blogs listed. But if that isn't it, I am at a loss.

Sorry about your plants. Maybe they will come back. Sometimes nature heals itself. I hope that happens for you.

Sorry about you being hurt. Here's a cyber hug. I know it is not the same, but ....

tilly said...

a lovely card, just adore Mo's beautiful images
Tilly

ribenaruby said...

Aaaaaw Mina, what an adorable image and the sentiment is so perfect! Enjoy a fab day. Ruby x

Wendy L said...

Lovely image, great card, xxx

caroline said...

gorgeous card Mina, yes i adore Mo;s images as well, our plants have been totally devastated by the wind and rain too, just as they were in full bloom, it is really windy here today.
so sorry you got hurt i know it makes it no easier when its someone close and they don't even realize they have hurt your feelings. Have a good weekend.
caroline xx

karalschuknecht said...

Mina, this is gorgeous, the coloring and the image is perfect. Just the inspiration I needed this morning. And the image also. Thank you.

Renee B. said...

Big hugs Mina!
Renee

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.fab sweet image and i love your pretty papers and design :D

xx coops xx

ginny c said...

Gorgeous image your colouring Is always beautiful, best wishes ginnyx

mags said...

Gorgeous card Mina. Lovely image and like how you have cut up some of the backing paper for embellishments. I think I know what you mean about the google thingy but not sure what to do about it. It has baffled me.
Sorry to hear about your upset. Always seems harder when it is someone you love. Hope you are feeling better about things soon, as you day, onwards and upwards.
Hugs
Mags
x

Unknown said...

Hi Mina, On the blog - click on the new item/subject matter, not the name of the blogger - that should do it, if I understand your question correctly.
As far as the plants are concerned, cut them back a bit - but not all the way back - just to take off the heaviest parts and with a little TLC they have a chance of growing back.
Pray for the friend that hurt you -or if you are not religious, just hope that they can be happier in their lives, so they don't go around hurting others!
My, my - I am just FULL of good advice - hope at least some of it works !! :)
Oh - and I just love your cards - and your color sensibility.
Thanks for sharing
Allison

Unknown said...

Totally stunning card, I lov ethe soft colours and your way with papers amazes me :-)
Hugs xx Cara xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is an adorable image and such pretty papers
Hope you are well
Lisa x

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous card with lovely sentiment and fabulous papers
hugs Tamara

Mojca said...

Oh so sorry to hear about your garden Mina, the weather really has no mercy this year. I don't understand what seems to be the problem with the google thing, can't help you here I'm afraid. Your card is so cute and positive. Sending you a bog hug si you'll feel cheerful soon!Mojca

Lisa Carroll said...

This is beautiful! So soft and perfectly colored! Thank you for joining us in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

Kelly Lloyd said...

Morning Mina,

This image is so sweet, love the colours you have used to. Loud her and the papers and layout are beautiful
Hugs Kelly

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card with a lovely stamp.

Hugs, Astrid.

Debbie said...

This is a beauty of a card dearie.Love this image and the colours are fab. I agree you can't beat a good cutting session. I've renewed my love of cutting recently - so relaxing. Sorry to hear about your plants. I've been feeding mine and taking the dead heads off etc as they were battered from the heat - seem to be coming back to life.Sending you a big hug as you've been so upset.Always here for you dearie.Hugs Debbie x

CaroleAnn said...

Mina
Love your card and so sorry to hear about all your hard work with your plants going astray! They will come back I am sure. and remember - "For every minute your are angry or sad, you lose sixty seconds of happiness" - so just smile, sweetie and you will feel better! Big Hugs

Cynthia said...

This is beautiful, Mina! Your coloring is fabulous.

tanja said...

Lovely image, great card xxtanja

tanja said...

Lovely image, great card xxtanja

tanja said...

Lovely image, great card xxtanja

MIE(Mieko) said...

Lovely card! Love the soft colors you have used. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.
Mieko xx

Sher said...

Such a sweet image. The soft colors are a perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs.

KandA said...

Gorgous card and a fabulous Mo image. Super colours and fabulous green ribbon xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...