Saturday, August 10, 2013

at long last...



Good morning everyone what you all up too this weekend...anything special?...oh before anything else a huge massive thank you to Allison you are a genius and reminded me it was all about the dpi, so thanks to you my photos are loads better...well I think they are anyway lol...I wish you would leave me a link to your blog Allison so I can thank you properly...I don't think our poor little garden is going to recover you know, I have chopped, watered, fed and gave it as much love as possible but I'm obviously either doing something wrong or I was sitting swinging looking at the poor pots when it hit me, could it be that the deck is in a really sheltered hot spot and the plants are just not right for it...maybe I need to look for something that will flourish in dry heat for the future...what do you think, all you gardeners out there might be able to give me some suggestions for the future...my gorgeous Sister and family are coming to stay at my Dads this weekend as its my beautiful little Nieces birthday...I cant wait to see the kids they seem to change daily when they are growing don't they and I never get to see them enough atm...oh and before I forget I got my MRI scan date, 7th September...so another thing ticked of my list lol...right now onto my card for today...this image made me smile so much when I was using it...now all together now who on earth could have drawn this little sweetie?....er....could it be Mo from Mo's Digital Pencil, now who else could draw this...although this is the male version of the royal babies she drew, The Royal He, I printed the wrong one and decided to use him as a girl anyway, oops lol, oh and btw Mo's Digital Pencil is having a huge 20% off sale atm so pop on by and grab a bargain...I coloured him with distress inks and glittered the fur and added a few pearls to the fab crown...how perfect are these amazing papers?...they are from one of my new pads I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, this one is the Kaisercraft - Bundle of Joy 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad...isn't it lush...I finished with some fab tartan ribbon I found at the bottom of my ribbon scraps bag, I really must go through that more often you know...the tiny feet I cut from the same pad...the sketch is from Mojo Monday and I'm also entering it for the Crafty Ribbons Challenge and the Brown Sugar Challenge too...poor Phil is going into work for a while this morning but I'm sure we will be heading out when he gets home so I better get the old war paint on...whatever your up to today I hope wherever you are its a bright and sunny one
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
nappy - pumice stone
cloak and crown - mix of tattered rose & spun sugar, pumice stone

12 comments:

Aileen said...

Mina what a beautiful card, I've never coloured digitals with distress inks, i might have to try. Might be better than copics, which I am not so crash hot with. You have done such a wonderful job. I am off to buy the baby image.

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, sweet card.
luv
Debby

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol thats a gorgeous little image an such pretty papers. I have the opposite problem to you in the garden .. lots of shade .. i am sure there will be lots of mediterranean type flowers that will flourish in yours
Lisa

Irene said...

Sweet card Mina, glad someone could help you with the pictures-problem!
Plants in pots always have to struggle Mina, either too wet or too hot and when it's hot giving loads of water doesn't do them good either. There are special plants that can cope with it but hey we have a strange climate so will those "tropical" ones do well ??
I've been struggling too this year: wet and the look soo sad and only snails will have a party and hot they start blooming like crazy but only for a short time and after that they struggle........it's never right is it??
xx Irene

Blankina said...

Very cute,
Hugs Blankina

PS Counting down the hours untill my GDT debute at Bunny Zoe..so glad I have been chosen

KandA said...

Beautiful card Mina. I do love those Mo manning images and your layout is fabulous. Have a great weekend xx

caroline said...

gorgeous card Mina, seeing your comment yesterday about all your lost images, i really feel for you as when my computer went down i lost most of mine and i only had a few,. Is there any way you can go onto the sites you got your images from and see if you can down load again from your account.
i have a yard which is a real sun trap so all my plants are in containers, i got these pellet things you soak in water and put into the soil when you plant up, i have had no problem with things drying out any more. I must admit my tubs have had a real battering with the wind and torrential rain we had.
caroline x

coops said...

so stunning mina.really fabulous sweet image and i love your pretty colours.
i am not the most patient gardener so i like plants that sort of look after themselves.my garden doesn`t get a lot of light and i find herbs are the most hardy like lavenders and mint.i also have a rock rose and peonies which flourish year after year.i just trim them back when they die off and they come back lovely every year.also any bulb plants like tulips/daffodils/poppies/anemones.

xx coops xx

mags said...

A lovely card Mina. The image is so cute and coloured beautifully. I am afraid I am no help on the gardening front, I just plant and hope for the best lol.
Mags
x

NickScrapShack said...

So cute! Love the footprints on the bow super fun detail.


Thanks for playing at Brown Sugar, good luck!
Nick

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous baby girl car-love the image. It is so sweet
hugs Tamara

Mojca said...

Oh the card is gorgeous Mina! The image is cute and the papers just fabulous. Hugs! MOjca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...