Friday, August 09, 2013

pretty in pink...and blue...


Good morning everyone sorry I haven't been around for the last couple of days but I haven't been feeling too well...did you all have a good week and have anything exciting lined up for the weekend...come on spill the beans and make us all jealous...since I 'fixed' my laptop I have been struggling with my photos...they seem different that's the only way I can describe them...not the same size or quality, I'm sure its something simple like tweaking something or adjusting but my poor brain just wont sort it out so if any of you have any ideas or tricks of the trade I would so appreciate it...I cant believe how many digis I have lost while I have lying around the last couple of days I have been trying to list them but there's too many...Saturated Canary, Rick St Dennis, Sweet Pea stamps and hundreds of others...there is no way I can afford to replace them I have been slowly going through my old emails in the hope that the links are still there but no luck so far...I'm devastated and did even consider giving crafting up as it felt like I was starting over again...but I have pulled my socks up and will just work with what I have now...that's all I can do isn't it...right now onto my card for today which is using another of the stunning Simply Adorables release from Sugar Nellie...I love love love colouring these...oh no I have just realised how many Sugar Nellie images I have lost too ...gggrrroooaaaannnn...anyway this is the beautiful A Little Bit Shy coloured with my usual distress inks...how gorgeously lush are these papers...I bought a whole load of new paper pads to cheer up my crafting mojo, well a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do hasn't she lol, and these are from one of them...they are from the Echo Park - Here & Now 6x6 Paper Pad...I added some velvet ribbon and a scattering of fabulous Resin Blossoms from the Blossoms - Resin Flower Bluebell and the Blossoms - Resin Flower Fuchsia sets...the papers and resin blossoms I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the fab sketch is from the Sketch and Stash Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Milk Coffee Challenge and the Crafts and Me Challenge too...I'm going to have a colouring day today oh and I need to do some of the horrible 'H' word stuff that we all hate too lol...whatever your up to today I hope its a good one and you have fun I will be back tomorrow with a card that really made me smile while I was making it
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - frayed burlap, pumice stone
top - pumice stone, scattered straw
sweater - tumbled glass, stormy sky
leggings - stormy sky, pumice stone
bag, flowers in hair and trainers - spun sugar
shading - pumice stone
 

16 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

So pretty and summery Mina .. love the papers and those gorgeous resin flowers.
Hope you are well
Lisa x

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is really pretty Mina.x

Crea Astrid said...

What a sweetie.

Nice weekend.

hugs, AStrid.

Candy said...

Hi Mina,
I hope you are feeling a lot better...
Your card is so lovely. Love your paper, colours and resin flowers!

Just wanted to mention "CrashPlan" I have turned to it to save all my info on my computer and external hard drive. They save everything for you if lost. The first month is free - after which you can pay for months or years. I am not taking any chances - I am going for the 3 year plan.
They saved all the pictures and other important things my son lost when he had a power serge!!
Big Hugs, Candy

Lau W said...

This card is adorable Mina !
Hope you're better !
xxx

KandA said...

Wonderful card Mina, such a pretty image and super colours.
Sorry to hear you've been poorly and hope you feel much better now xx

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! I love the colors, papers and pretty embellies! Wonderful coloring of the beautiful image!

Mojca said...

Oh Mina I am so sad to hear that you are not feeling well and that you are so sad about losing your digis ... I wish I could cheer you up ... Your card is lovely as always, can't see the difference in your photos ... and pleas pleas don't give up your crafting, we would miss you so much and your lovely creations! hugs! MOjca

coops said...

so stunning mina.fabulous bright colours and i love your resin flowers and gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Me again, - Allison :)
On you computer, you need to change the 'resolution' and perhaps
choose a higher dpi (dots per inch)
- that will improve the look - sorta takes away any blurriness
and makes image larger.
Just love this sweet little girl,
and you have colored her in so beautifully. Thanks for sharing, Allison

ribenaruby said...

Hi Mina, your card is beautiful..lovely SN image, very nicely coloured! Hope your feeling much better now. Ruby x

~@ngie~ said...

a fantastically gorgeous card darl... that image is just too cute & I LOVE your colouring technique.... envious really LOL... great dp's & flowers too :)

Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Good luck :)

love n hugz Angie xXx

Aileen said...

Mina, beautiful card as usual.
Now with reference to your digis, you shouldcontact each place you can think of andsee if they still have an account for you. Many will resend your password if there was an account, you can then see your previous orders and maybe able to redownload. Another idea is just to let them know they may have records and may be willing to let you have again. Not saying all of them but your main ones.

I also have too many to list digital files. I also draw sign language graphics so know all the work that goes into everything. The best thing to do is to have an external hard drive that you can purchase from a computer hardware supply place ( not sure of names for you as I am in Australia and here it would be Harvey Norman or Dick Smith).
Anyway an external hard drive can store tons of information. I back up all my computer information onto my external hard drive each week, especially my new downloads and images. That way I always have that to fall back on.
It just plugs into your usb port. Also if you go away you can take your hard drive so if anything happens at home you have a backup of all your work safe with you.
If you need help doing an external backup I am happy to talk you thru the steps by skype if you like.

CaroleAnn said...

Mina
Never give up - we would all miss you so much! I hope you feel better soon. Your card is just perfect and I see nothing wrong with the photo of it! I love these images I have them all but have not colored yet. I use a flash drive for all my digis - do not save them on my pc at all. Cant imagine having that happen. Chin up. Hugs

Ally said...

Mina it looks beautiful, I love this Image and the resin flowers are fantastic! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketc N Stash!
Hugs, Ally

Julie said...

Hi Mina - this is beautiful, gorgeous colours and the resin flowers are just stunning!! So sorry to hear you've been feeling poorly, and losing loads of your digis sure can't help! It's amazing how many we accumulate isn't it. Please don't give up on your crafting, blogland would be lost without you! Juliexxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...