Monday, August 12, 2013

explore tomorrow...


Good morning everyone did you all have a fab weekend?...wow what a change in the weather, it was very chilly last night...in fact so much that the old bed socks reared their ugly head...I thought we had seen the last of those for at least another month lol, oh and an extra blanket went onto the bed too...before long the fire will have to be lit again and the daily choir of cleaning it out will have to be done...I'm sure some people manage to clean out fire grates without getting ash everywhere but it seemed to be a bit above my competency level...we had a nice weekend despite the chilly wet weather and poor Phil having to go into work on both Saturday and Sunday morning and the weekend finished off with a tea party yesterday evening for my beautiful Niece's birthday...she is such a little cutie and did a little girlie squealing dance when she opened her presents...especially for the handbag and make up our stunning Daughter bought her...it was also my Nephews birthday a few weeks ago so we celebrated that too...they are such lovely kids and my Sister should be very proud of them...one thing yesterday did show though was our deck needs cleaned and resurfaced as my poor little Niece slipped and came down with such a crash we thought she had broken her arm...I hate that sick queasy feeling in the pit of your stomach when something like that happens don't you, but like the little trooper she is she bounced back and was running around again in a few minuets...it was a good day despite the fall though...right now onto my card for today which is for our new challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge and this month was our fab Silvie's choice and she chose to do a Bingo card for us to follow...I chose Ribbons, flowers and buttons for mine and used this fantastic new stamp from the brand spanking new Magnolia Sea Breeze collection...this is the super cute Handy Tilda coloured with my distress inks and paper pieced with some of the lush Teresa Collins 6x6" Paper Pad - Far & Away, one of the new ones I bought and wow do I love love love this pad you will be seeing a lot more of this one I'm sure...I added some cream satin ribbon from my stash and a bow made from Organza Ribbon - Ivory (25mm Wide) and finished with a few scattered buttons from the Camouflage - 25g and Big Red - 25g button bags and a couple of coffee coloured cabochons from the 15mm Flat Back Rose Cabochons - Mixed Bag...the sentiment tags are from the same paper pad and everything except the satin ribbon is from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the lush sketch is from The Sweet Stop Challenge and I'm also entering this for the Delightful Challenges challenge and the Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia challenge too...I'm having a crafting day today so will be locked in my nice toasty warm craft room...whatever your up to today have a lovely warm one and watch out for slippy decking
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - pumice stone
buttons, handle and headband - barn door, pumice stone
shoes and shading - pumice stone

15 comments:

Penni said...

Gorgeous card Mina. I love the colour combo and the Paper Piecing is fabulous.
Hugs
Penni
X

Squirrel x said...

Another beautiful card Mina, love this Tilda, and her dungarees are fabulous! Despite the mess, I love a real fire and really miss having one - central heating is just not the same. Hugs Sxx

Kelly Lloyd said...

Enjoy your crafty day Mina. Your tilda card is beautiful
Hugs Kelly

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs, Astrid.

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Fantastic card, love this image so much-It reminds me at me-when I work around the house-and then I am screaming for help
hugs Tamara

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.really fab tilda and i love your colour combo :D

xx coops xx

scrapperdiane said...

Wonderful job on your card.Super cute.

Mojca said...

Ohhhhh this is so gorgeous Mina. I love the colour combination and Tilda looks just so awesome. Hugs! Mojca

Marcee Rodgers said...

This is just gorgeous Mina! Thanks for joining us for this weeks Digital Delights by Louby Loo Challenge♥

KandA said...

Gorgous card Mina. Fabulous colour combo and paper piecing xx

Gina's Cards said...

Such a wonderful card! Thank you for joining us in the LHOSM challenge, good luck and I hope you will join us again!

Hugs
Gina x

Chris Hanselman said...

Adorable image. Love your coloring. Thanks for joining our Make it Pop Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

~~Chris
DC-DT

Ceal said...

Adorable card! like her paper pieced overalls. thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop this week!

Stephanie said...

Adorable, that image is so cute. Thanks for playing with us at The Sweet Stop.

Barbara GR said...

Wow.. lovely card! Thanks for joining us at LHOSM!
Hugs
Barbara GR

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...