Tuesday, August 06, 2013

the scent of summer...


Good morning everyone...did you all enter for this months Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly candy yet...if you didnt then its the posts below this one and its a good one too...a chance at a spending spree...the garden seems to be bucking up a bit since we decided drastic action was need and last week I decided I would use my new sacatures to chop away at one or two (or even three lol) plants that looked like they had died and despite Phil mocking me and saying he wanted to dig them up and reuse the pots they have sprouted again would you believe..a bit chuffed and very smug dosent even touch how I felt when I showed him last night lol...I think even my lovely Dad was a little impressed as he was down for his dinner yesterday evening and said he thinks the garden is slowly coming back to life...phew I thought it was knackered to tell you the truth (thats a technical term by the way lol) and Im so releaved that all the work and love we put into those plants and making the decking somewhere lovely to sit hasnt gone to waste, we did have a bit of a giggle though when Phil went behind the swing seat to check on his tomatos and touched the canopy, whatever water was there tipped over him and he turned to me giving me a look because I was watering some plants with the hose pipe and he thought I had squirted him with it, it took ages to convince him it wasnt me, well it was a bit harder with me rolling about laughing at the time lol...right now onto my card for today which is using one of the new Crafters Companion Barkley stamps...this cute one is called The Scent of Summer...like I have said before Im not the best colourer of animals but I enjoyed this one anyway so I hope you think its ok...I used my distress inks for it and teamed it up with some beautiful summery papers from the Carta Bella - Cool Summer 6x6 Paper Pad, the little tag is from the same pad but is stamped with one of the sentiments that came with the stamp...I finished with a huge blue bow and a Prima Flowers Primmers - White Cotton flower topped with a pink button, everything except the bow and button are from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I made the sketch up as I went along but am entering this for the Crafty Calender Challenge, Brown Sugar Challenge and the Challenges 4 Everybody challenge too...Im off out with my lovely Dad this afternoon so best get some war paint going later...whatever your up to today watch out for hidden pockets of water
Mina xxx
p.s. sorry the photos are blurred again Im still struggling finding all the programmes for photo editing

distress ink colours used
cat - antique linen, spun sugar
dog - pumice stone, black soot
birds - scattered straw, stormy sky
garden - peeled paint, shabby shutters, victorian velvet, stormy sky, scattered straw



17 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

Beautiful card MIna, love those soft colours and gorgeous prima flower
Hugs Kelly

Squirrel x said...

As if you would turn the hose on him .... honestly! Gorgeous card Mina, that pair are so adorably delicious, and such beautiful colours xx

kbrandy4 said...

Gorgeous card Mina, lovely image and flower!
Hugs, Hazel xx

kbrandy4 said...

Gorgeous card Mina, lovely image and flower!
Hugs, Hazel xx

caroline said...

gorgeous card Mina,
caroline x

Jane said...

What a sweet card Mina, my dog spends much of her time in our garden nosing around in the flower beds.
Hugs
Jane

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card with a lovely stamp.

Hugs, AStrid.

Mojca said...

Waw the card looks fabulous Mina. I am glad that your garden is picking up. hugs! MOjca

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.really sweet image and your delicate colours are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

rachel said...

gorgeous card mina - Barkley looks so cute x

Blankina said...

This stamp is a real cutie,

Hugs Blankina

Unknown said...

Lovely card, Mina. Hope you have a lovely day.
Hugs
Kim M
x

Irene said...

Glad the garden didn't give up on you Mina and your card and stamp are super sweet!!

xx Irebe

mags said...

A lovely card Mina. Super little image and colours. Love the bow and flower. Glad your plants have revived.
Mags
x

Nannieflash said...

Hi Mina, wow what a gorgeous card I love your design and your flower to. I also had some chopping done in the garden yesterday what with all the rain over the last few days it seemed to have become a jungle and now it looks a lot tidier. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

My'scardcorner said...

Cut card Mina. Had to laugh about the water in the seat canopy and Phil Ive got to remember to check ours as I was nearly drenched the other day lol#
Myrax

KandA said...

This is just so gorgous Mina. Love the oh so sweet image and that fabulous bow xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...