Monday, December 09, 2013

aaaarrrrggghhhhh revenge of the dreaded red...


Good morning everyone did you have a fab weekend?...well the Christmas tree is finally finished and the one in the kitchen too and Phil even did some more baking today...I did a little bit of Christmas shopping but still haven't made a dent in it yet 'groan' but never mind its a start isn't it...the weather was terrible here yesterday and I stepped out the car umbrella in hand ready for it, opened the umbrella and it immediately flew inside out bending and snapping it, umbrella has just gone onto my Christmas wish list lol...my card for today is for our new challenge at Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge, this month the theme is Wings but I have to apologise for the dreadful colouring on today's card...the dreaded red distress inks got its revenge for me saying I had cracked it yesterday...I got the whole of this gorgeous Whimsy stamp coloured and then got out the dreaded red...the paper was damp from the other colours so when I added red it just went wild lol...it didn't help that Phil said 'they are just a bit too red aren't they' about it, well yes just state the bleeding obvious why don't you lol... this gorgeous badly coloured stamp is called Whimsy Four Calling Birds and I used my distress inks for it...I paper pieced their cute little hats and added loads of Stickles Glitter Glue - Star Dust, the fabulous sentiment is another of the AmyR Stamps Christmas Verses II set of stamps and the lush papers are from the Kaisercraft - Holly Bright 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad, I finished my card with a bow made from Organza Ribbon - Burgundy (25mm Wide), a rose from the Kaisercraft Paper Blooms - Honey (10pcs) pack and a few scattered flowers from the Blossoms - Resin Flower Pansy set...the tag I used for the sentiment is from the same paper pad, everything I used on my card today is from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I made the sketch up as I went along but am entering this for the Papertake Weekly Challenge, Card Makin Mamas Challenge and the Sweet Stampin' Challenge too...O need to have a bit of a catch up with my DT work today and start the wedding invitations for my lovely Niece too so busy busy busy...whatever your up to today I hope you have fun and I'm so sorry again for the sunburnt Robins lol
Mina xxx
 
distress ink colours used
robins - antique linen, frayed burlapm balck soot, fired earth
phones - peeled paint
tree bough - frayed burlap, peeled paint
shading - pumice stone

17 comments:

susiestacey said...

Lovely card Mina, sweet stamp and lovely little dahlia flowers x Susan x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely adorable, love those robins and I think they are fine.
luv
Debby

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card.
Gr Elly

KathR said...

I wouldn't worry Mina I have a Robin that visits my garden on a regular basis , and he looks just like that, and beside their not sunburned , their just blushing!...lol.
Have a Great Christmas and an even better New YearKath fae Scotland...xx...

Sue said...

Hiya Mina,fabulous card.Love the shape.
Our robins are very red this year too.
Hugs x x

Jane said...

I have found "reds" to be troublesome in any medium apart from coloured pencil - you are not alone in being driven nuts my them misbehaving!
Great card Mina nonetheless!
Hugs
Jane

christi said...

oh silly girl, the robins just started the holiday season before you. there just a little flushed from too much holiday cheer. personally I would blame it on the fermented berries they have been finding late in the season. such a cute card gooooooo red!

rachel said...

the robins look gorgeous Mina xx

Renee B. said...

I think you are far too hard on yourself Mina...these little birds are lovely! Our weather here is dreadful....-28C this morning! Can't wait to leave for Arizona in 3 weeks to get some heat.
Hugs, Renee

ginny c said...

Beautiful card I think they have been sitting front of the fire with a glass of port or two

Sherri said...

Don't you worry about the robins! They are adorable!! Just think of their little faces as red with the cold. lol It's still a fabulous card!

Mojca said...

What a gorgeous cardina! I love the image and lovely big bow. hugs! MOjca

KandA said...

Love this Mina. The shape and design is fabulous and those robins are gorgous - I recckon they've just been having a bit of a warm by the fire xx

mags said...

A gorgeous card Mina and I think the robins look so cute.
Mags
x

Kim said...

I think they look great! It is a sweet image too! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

Sammy said...

I'm with Christi... Too much sherry methinks! The birds, not you! ;-) Still, a lovely card Mina. And with DT hat on: Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Sammy-x

mixamatoasties said...

Super card Mina. I love that shape. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin this week. Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...