Monday, December 02, 2013

my addiction...


Good morning everyone did you all have a super fantastic weekend?...hands up all those super organises people who have all their shopping done for Christmas?...you can do off some people you know lol...I have just started mine but one ticked off the list is my lovely Dads, I haven't even thought about the decorations yet although they are down from the attic at least bt are just a guilty reminder every time I go into the bedroom...sitting in the corner accusing me of neglecting them lol...I wish my festive spirit would arrive and poor Phil would come home to a wonderfully festive scene straight out of a movie...well we can all live in hope cant we...go one then tell me you have your tree up and make me feel even worse lol...right now onto my card for today...I seem to have become totally addicted to paper piecing atm, I love cutting out and find it one of the most relaxing things ever, I have actually been known to nod off half way through cutting something out I get that relaxed...this amazing little bit of cuteness is of course from Mo's Digital Pencil where else, this sweetie is called Little Elf Ava isn't she a perfect Christmas image?...I coloured her with my usual distress inks and paper pieced her star...the amazing papers are from the Carta Bella So this is Christmas 6x6 paper pad, I'm sorry to say that I bought the last one though..the trees I added as embellishments were cut from the same pad and I finished with a sentiment stamped from the AmyR CC Designs Stamps Christmas Verses II (told you that you would see more of this stamp set lol)...the fab paper pad and stamp set are from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...oh btw someone emailed me this weekend asking about paper piecing so if a few more of you have any questions about paper piecing I will do a little post about it...hands up all those who would want one please...anyway back to my card, the fab sketch is from the Creative Inspirations Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Stamping Sensations Challenge and the Cute Card Thursday Challenge too...I'm going to hopefully have an organising day today, make lists to do for Christmas, get organised with my DT work and sort out the decorations...keep your fingers firmly crossed for me that I at least get two out of three done...whatever your up to today I hope your not running around starting things and it a relaxing one for you instead
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - frayed burlap
hat - antique linen, peeled paint, shabby shutters
top - pumice stone, antique linen
trousers and hair ties - fired earth, frayed burlap
shoes - antique linen, peeled paint, shabby shutters
shading - pumice stone

15 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous and adorable.
luv
Debby

Sandy said...

finally getting a bit of time to do a bit of visiting. Just love your cutie and the paper piecing looks great. I haven't even thought about Christmas yet, oh ok, just a tiny bit, lol. No presents bought and not sure what to do about food as all the kids are coming in the evening and will be full from their Christmas luncheons.
Hope you have a happy Christmas,
Hugs,
Sandy

Jane said...

Oh I love this image Mina, I was colouring her myself not long ago!
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs
Jane

Sammy said...

I've not done *any* shopping yet. Just had son's birthday, daughter's birthday next week, then her party... It's going to be mid-December before I even start thinking about Christmas! And our tree goes up on the 11th every year (the day after daughter's birthday), except those years where we're already so fed up of it all by then, so it ends up going up on Christmas eve, lol.

Love this card! Gorgeous colours and papers and great design! x

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful card Mina.
Gr Elly

Debs said...

So cute, looove it, and those papers,errrrrm beautiful.
Hugs Debs

Sue said...

A very sweet image and card Mina.Sorry to say our tree went up last night,my Grandsons are spell bound.
Hugs x

christi said...

ok mina, now your just making me mad... fall asleep doing paper piercing. if I did that I would probably wake up with a body part missing. PLEASE help us poor uncoordinated souls before we hack up another perfectly gorgeous piece of paper and make it into confetti. cutie card today. and of course the tree is up already. it's past the day after thanksgiving here. thanks for all of your fun and inspiration. love your stories too.

coops said...

love this mina.really fabulous image and your design and colours are stunning ;D


xx coops xx

Natasha said...

Such a wee cutie, great card luv. Your posts dont half make me chuckle, cos it really could be me saying it, my poor tree is sat neglected too in the corner of my bedroom, it took all the christmas spirit I have so far just to take it out the loft lol.
Can you let Zoe know that I say thanks for the stamps and charms, they came over the weekend. Hugs xnx

KandA said...

Super card Mina and such a sweet little christmas elf xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Fantastic Christmas card. Love it! Hugs, Wends x

mags said...

A lovely card Mina. Cute image and love the papers and paper piecing. I have managed to put my decorations up but no pressies bought yet. Off to Birmingham this weekend for a massive shopping spree.
Mags
x

ribenaruby said...

Fabulous Mina! Super image and love that big star she's holding up. Ruby x

Francesca said...

Beautiful colouring, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

Francesca x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...