Friday, December 13, 2013

Freaky...


Good morning everyone how has your week been?, anything exciting to tell me about...how freaky is this weather, would you believe it was 16c yesterday, that's a spring day here (in fact some summer days too lol)...but in December that is just plain freaky isn't it...today is a sad day for our family but especially for my lovely Dad, its the anniversary of my Mums passing and my Sister is over to visit from England and my younger Sister is coming from Belfast with her family so we will all be together so my Dad has his whole family for support...I like to think of the good times with my Mum rather than her not being her...she had a wicked sense of humour and the most wonderful hazel coloured eyes...a beautiful woman inside and out...she would love that we will all be together this weekend she loved her family with a passion and we all loved her too...what you going to be up to this weekend?...right now onto my card for today...I think this fab Wild Rose Studio stamp is so so cute don't you...its so perfectly christmassy...this is called Wild Rose Studio - Antoine at Postbox and I coloured it with my usual distress inks and any excuse to use more Stickles Glitter Glue - Star Dust so I glittered all the snow up...I used more of the beautiful Kaisercraft - Holly Bright 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad  papers (isn't that metallic embossed one fab) and cut some sentiments from the paper to add to the tag...I added a bow made with Gingham Wired Edge Gold Thread Ribbon - Burgundy and a few buttons from the Primary - 25g button pack...the lush sketch is from Sketch Saturday Challenge but I turned it on its side and I'm also entering it for the Cute Card Thursday challenge and Papertake Weekly Challenge too, everything I used on my card today was from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...well this morning I have loads more cutting out to do for my beautiful Niece's wedding invitations...would you believe over the last couple of day I have cut out by hand 230 pieces of card and paper...my poor aching fingers lol...it will be worth it though as even if I say so myself they are fabulous...then will be seeing my Sister and Dad this afternoon so I better make a move and get started...whatever your up to today I hope whatever your doing is special and fun
Mina xxx
p.s. theres still time to join in with this months candy if you would like too...the link is in the sidebar

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - frayed burlap
outfit - peeled paint, antique linen, black soot
dog - antique linen, fired earth
postbox - black soot, antique linen, fired earth
shading - pumice stone

11 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous image and papers Mina.
Give yourself and your Dad a hug from me.
Hugs xx

kbrandy4 said...

Cute card Mina! Hugs to you and your Dad!
Hazel xx

Hanneke said...

Wow, such a pretty Christmas card! I love all the embellies. Hugs, Hanneke

ellyscard creatief said...

Very pretty card Mina.
Gr Elly

Sherri said...

Beautiful card, Mina. And how wonderful your family can all be together to help your dad. This is our 2nd Xmas without mom & it never gets any easier. You just celebrate the person they were & know you will see them again someday. Give your dad a hug for me!

Rebecca said...

Hi Mina i hope your OK! Sorry i haven't been commenting on your blog recently I've just been really excited with Christmas things! Anyway i think your card is really pretty! The image is really cute, i just love the little puppy lol! The papers are really nice and the tag with the words on are really creative!

Love From Rebecca xx

Mojca said...

Wow what a lovely card Mina. I hope you'll enjoy the company of your family and that you'll share a lot of lovely memories of your mum. hugs! MOjca

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hi Mina! I hope you all are comforted by sweet memories and your own togetherness on this difficult day.
I love your bright and fun interpretation of our challenge this week. It's great to see you playing along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Good Luck! Hugs, Lesley

Julie M said...

Very pretty card as always, Mina. 230 pieces of card and paper? My hands are aching in sympathy!! I was in a cardmaking shop today and heard an engaged couple arguing about her design for their wedding invitations - he was complaining "if you stick that to that and that on that, how many hours is each one going to take?" - everyone else in the shop kept well clear of them!!

Julie x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So cute Mina and love the layout. Hope you had a lovely time with your family and lots of memories shared of your dear Mum. Big Hugs, Nikki x

heidy said...

Such a cutie Mina!!
Thanks for joining CCT this week!
XXX Heidy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...