Monday, December 23, 2013

winter roses...


Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and managed to stay dry in all the snow, hail, rain and wind or was that just our weather lol...we seemed to do loads of running about yesterday but when we finally settled down to eat at 6pm if you had asked what we had done all day I wouldn't have had a clue...weird eh...I'm finally getting there I think as far as the shopping etc goes but tomorrow evening is...duh duh duh...the food shop aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh...I'm scared and if I was rich would definitely pay someone to do it for me...or of course one of you lovely crafter's could volunteer lol...ok I will have to sit down this morning and make my list out so at least I wont need to make more than one trip...wish me luck I will need it...right now onto my card for today...is it ok to use roses for a Christmas card do you reckon?...well its too late I have...the beautiful stamp is brand new and from Bildmalarna and is called Alva Frost, isn't she stunning...I coloured her with my distress inks (don't you love her pink hair) and of course I used more of the Stickles Glitter Glue - Star Dust to glitter her...the amazingly beautiful papers are from the Kaisercraft - Lady Rose 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad and I finished with a ruffled ribbon from my stash and a few scattered pearls from the Mixed Bag 3mm Flat backed Pearls and Mixed Bag 5mm Flat backed Pearls...everything except the green ribbon is from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the fab sketch is from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge and I'm also entering it for the Inkspirational Challenge and Sister Act Card Challenge too...right I'm off to make my list, check it twice, sorry I couldn't resist lol...whatever your up to today I hope you have a brilliant warm one
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
eyes - peeled paint
hair - tattered rose
shading - pumice stone

13 comments:

Sue said...

Hiya Mina,isnt she just gorgeous.Fabulous image and card.Love the papers.
Best wishes to you and yours if I don't get the chance to get back yo you.
Hugs x

Cathy P said...

Everything about your card is stunning, Mina. The papers and the color of her hair are positively lovely. Wow! Thanks for linking your card with us at the SIster Act Challenge Blog. Happy Holidays.
Hugs, Cathy xx

Heide said...

How pretty, love what you did with the ribbon. Thanks for joining us.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Unknown said...

What a hair! Great coloring and matching the colors on the card with these on a stamp. Thank you for your inspiration!
Anna xxx

Jeannie said...

Magical and just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

susiestacey said...

WOW Mina what a stunning stamp and you have coloured her beautifully.
Good luck with the shopping. Have a good christmas x Susan x

Lynne in NI said...

Awww she's gorgeous, and I don't see why you couldn't use roses!
Good luck with your big shop .. Tesco's was hectic this morning!
Have a great Christmas
Lynne

mulberry station said...

She really is stunning. I love the use of the distressed inks. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW

Marina said...

So pretty- I love the roses in the corners. Beautifully coloured in - and yes, love the pink hair! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Julie said...

Wow, what a beauty- stunningly coloured, one for my wish list, I think! Juliexx

mags said...

A lovely card Mina. Such a lovely image and design. Wishing you and your loved one a Happy Christmas.
Mags
x

Nonni said...

What a special image... And I love the decorative corners of your card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges!

Yvonne Garner said...

Great cards, beautifully embellished. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...