Sunday, December 08, 2013

just a touch of the dreaded red...


Good morning everyone how are you all...I hope your all well and having fun this festive season...well at long long last our trees are up and one is even decorated...the other will be done this morning, I had forgotten that the one in the lounge is 7ft tall (not that we need a 7ft tree but it was too much of a bargain to miss) and we both are struggling to reach the top so the step ladders will have to come out to make sure we can get the star on...when its finished I will take a photo to let you all see...well how much Christmas shopping do you reckon I got yesterday...er...none lol...I made the mistake of popping into the craft shop and got kinda stuck there, there were far too many pretty things...by the time we came out the shopping urge had kinda gone of the boil so we headed home to light the roaring fire and snuggle down...well I did that Phil made some more Dundee cakes, everyone is loving them but its costing a fortune to make them all...I told him next year you will have to charge for ingredients...well all except the ones for my lovely Dad of course, you better get your orders in now girls lol...right now onto my card for today...I'm determined to get past this fear of the dreaded red distress inks so went mad and used loads of it today...this little cutie is another of the Valerie's from Mo's Digital Pencil...shes one of a set of three called Valerie in Winter, they are fantastic to colour and paper piece and such a bargain price for three stamps too...I coloured her with my usual distress inks and teamed her up with one of my favourite paper pads of this season...these are from the Teresa Collins 6x6" Paper Pad - Santa's List...the sentiment strips are cut from the same pad too...I added some buttons and a lush bow made with Gingham Wired Edge Gold Thread Ribbon - Burgundy, this makes fantastic bows being wired they are so easy to plump up even after they have been squashed...the pad and ribbon are from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the fab sketch is from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge and I'm also entering it for the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge and the Crafty Calender Challenge too...we really do need to start shopping today or nobody will get a gift from us at all...so I'm off to get sorted ready for going out...speak to you all tomorrow and whatever your up to today I hope its a brilliant day for you
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
outfit - antique linen, fired brick, frayed burlap
shading - pumice stone

18 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Love your cream and red colour scheme. Beautifully done :)

susiestacey said...

Gorgeous card Mina, love the darling image and the papers are beautiful. Homemade cakes are the best but l do agree with you Mina they cost a fortune to make, hubby made lots last year and none this year so more brandy for me :) x Susan x

Sammy said...

See, no need to fear the red... This is gorgeous!

Yes, I do think getting waylaid by craft shops is likely to be a common problem in this community! I've never been much for shopping anyway (never been one for clothes and shoes) but add a craft shop into the mix, and I'm doomed! lol. x

ellyscard creatief said...

Gorgeous card Mina.
Gr Elly

Renee B. said...

This is adorable Mina! Love the papers.
Hugs, Renee

Sue said...

Hiya Mina,good job I don't have any craft shops near by me.I would be skint and nobody would get a gift :)
I just love your sweet image and papers,loving the red :)
Hugs Sue xx

Shazza said...

love this Mina x

Kathie said...

Hi Mina, glad you had a wonderful day craft shopping LOL. I know what you mean I told myself the other day no more design papers you don't need any more so what did I do bought a 12 x 12 collection of 40 pages. No more I say till next time. Love your card and the cream and red look perfect together. I adore your added embellishment buttons and that wonderful bow and button together just perfect. This is a great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

mulberry station said...

Min, your card is precious. I love the red and cream color combo. Gorgeous papers and that image is adorable. I am always delighted when I see your work.
Nancy SSW

mags said...

Gorgeous card Mina. Loving all the red.
Mags
x

Lynne in NI said...

Awww what a cutie ... LOVE your colour theme :)

Heide said...

Thanks for joining us, love your color combo and this adorable image.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Awwwww, this card sure is precious! Love the colors and those beautiful papers. Simply fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I love the vintage feel it has.

Gorgeous papers and lovely image.

Thank you for playing along at SSW this week.

Holly
xx

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.stunning sweet image and i love your papers :D

xx coops xx

Jeannie said...

Adorable image and awesome papers! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

This is a beauty Mina. I love the effect of just using the two colors - beige and red. Very eye-catching indeed. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.
Sharon, SSW-DT

Helen said...

Love the colour scheme and a really cute image too.

Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...