Thursday, April 04, 2013

am I dreaming...


Good morning everyone...is it a bird, is it a plane...no I do believe its the sun...we had wall to wall sun shine yesterday and the temperature actually sneaked into double figures (only just mind lol)...I spend a lovely afternoon meant to be crafting but actually sitting in my office chair soaking up the sun shining through the window dreaming of summer days and the smell of flowers...isn't it strange how obsessed we British are with the weather...do you think its because our weather is so changeable or maybe its just we like to have something to moan about lol...anyway I did manage a little bit of a play yesterday and managed some colouring too...with that and the sun I really enjoyed my crafting afternoon...right now for the card I did make yesterday...how stunning is this Funky Kits Digi...I love these Sugar Nellie Simply Adorable's don't you and never get tired of colouring them...this is the beautiful Melissa, I think she has a real ethereal feel to her (oooohhhh big word for this early isnt it lol)...shes so beautifully soft isn't she...I coloured her with my usual distress inks and used some papers from the stunning Prima Tea Thyme paper pad I got ages ago from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...the softness of the colours really suit her don't you think...I finished with a pink seam binding bow and a large pink flower...the lush sketch is from the Tuesday morning Sketches Challenge and I'm also entering it for the brand new A Little Bit Crafty Challenge and the Party Time Tuesday Challenge too...I think I might either head into town today or spend another 'crafting' day today...I will hopefully actually get a lot more crafting done today though...are craft rooms the best place to craft do you think, isn't there a lot of distractions crammed into one place and way to much to play with lol...whatever your up to today have a brilliant one and I hope you manage to get some sun on you wherever you are
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose
hair - antique linen, frayed burlap
top - spun sugar, victorian velvet
jeans - tumbled glass, stormy sky
shoes - stormy sky
flower - spun sugar, shabby shutters
shading - pumice stone

20 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card Mina,I love the image and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, gorgeous card and what a fabulous image.
luv
Debby

tilly said...

a beautiful card, we had sun yesterday as well
Tilly

Dotty Jo said...

Breathtakingly beautiful colouring, and can you believe we seem to have snow flurries today!!!! Jo x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

That's beautiful Mina. Love the soft muted colours! Such a sweet image too. Hugs, Wends xxx

Dianne said...

She is stunning, so is your coloring STUNNING,gorgeous paper, perfect background for your amazing image, glad you had a day of sunshine, I love the English weather :):)..

Irene said...

A truly stunning card Mina and..the Dutch have 1 subject every single day...the weather so you could just as well live her lol!!!

xx Irene

Mojca said...

What an adorable image and lovely card Mina. Have a lovely crafty day!!! Hugs! Mojca

Carla S. said...

This is stunning, Mina! Wonderful coloring of the sweet image!

KandA said...

Such a beautiful card Mina, Love the softness of it xx

mags said...

Beautiful Mina and the image is so gorgeous.
Mags
x

coops said...

so beautiful mina.gorgeous soft and pretty colours and i love the image :D

xx coops xx

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the soft shades of paper and that image is so sweet! Your colouring is amazing!!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

monny2 said...

Such a beautiful card Mina.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow, amazing colouring and fab card. Thanks for playing at ALBC

Nat said...

Fabulous colouring! Thanks for joining in our first challenge at A Little Bit Crafty.
Natx

Unknown said...

This is lovely. I love the colour combination. Beautiful touch.
Have a nice day :)

Jenée said...

Lovely card. The colors are beautiful. Your use of the sketch is spot on. Thank you for joining us this week and sharing your lovely work with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Melissa Craig said...

You colored this? Really? It's GORGEOUS!! It looks hand-painted. Wow!!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

A beautiful image Mina! Thanks for joining us at our first challenge at A Little Bit Crafty, Susan x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...