Tuesday, April 02, 2013

I so want these fabulous red glasses...


Good morning everyone are you having a lovely Easter week then, have you done anything exciting or are there some lucky one or two of you actually off to somewhere warm for the Easter break...if there is then tell us all so we can be green with envy...I would so love a week or two in the sun wouldn't you somewhere to warm my poor cold bones...well this is Phil's last day off work and hes back tomorrow, I will miss him but it will also be nice to get some me time if you know what I mean...well at least some me crafting time anyway lol...we were in town yesterday afternoon and stopped for lunch at a local coffee shop settled down with our paninis and coffee and on the next table were 5 twenty somethings...every single one of them was either on an iphone or tablet, fingers flipping like they were possessed hardly a word spoken between them...they finished and got up and I heard one girl say to the other...'I have really missed these coffees together haven't you' lol...seriously they could have just text, messaged or skyped (is there a plural of skype?) each other and saved on the coffee don't you think...whatever happened to the art of conversation...don't get me wrong I'm as addicted to technology as anyone else and post every day on here chatting away but given the choice of chatting to you all over coffee give me the coffee chat any day...right now onto my card for today...I so want these red glasses don't you...this cutie is of course from Mo's Digital Pencil, now who else could draw this sweetie...this is the gorgeous Fabulous coloured with distress inks and teamed up with some of my last papers from the Teresa Collins Design Now and Then paper pad I bought it ages ago from Bunny Zoe's Crafts so I don't think its in stock atm though, I finished with some more of the lush Bunny Zoe's wired gingham ribbon this one is the Gingham Wired Edge Gold Thread Ribbon - Burgundy one, I also added a few flowers cut from a page from the same pad as an embellishment...the lush sketch is from the Sweet Sketch Wednesday Challenge and I'm also entering it for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge and the Sweet Stampin Challenge too...Phil's cooking tonight so we are heading to the shops to buy supplies for it today, I haven't a clue what hes making but as he cooks brilliantly I'm looking forward to it...have a fabulous day everyone
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - antique linen
outfit - antique linen, fired brick, frayed burlap
boots - frayed burlap

30 comments:

June Nelson said...

Its fabulous Mina, and I understand what you mean about the texting, I was in a pub saturday afternoon seeing my sons band, and all of young ones were on their phones either taking pics or texting!! it definatley spoils conversations, oh and those wonderful glasses, I have just got new ones just like those but leopard print lol, he he, loving the card shug, big huggies June xxxxxxxx

heidy said...

Fabolous card Mina!!
XXX Heidy

Dotty Jo said...

Oh Mina, she's adorable - and I want those red glasses too! Do you think Specsavers have any???? Jo x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Mina.

Hugs Riet.xx

My'scardcorner said...

Lovely card Mina love the ribbon.
Yes the youngones are always on the phone even when talking to you !!
Myrax

tilly said...

love the papers with that fab image from Mo
Tilly

rachel said...

love your card Mina - really fabulous xx

Marianne said...

Love your card Mina. We enjoyed a warm and sunny weekend here on Crete with temperatures of 22+ °C, but today the sun has decided to take a break and there seems to be a storm brewing. The first tourists also seem to have found their way to our lovely island.

mulberry station said...

Oh Mina, this is absolutely adorable. I really love the combination of papers and colors you have used on your card. Your image is just too cute!! Thanks for joining us and be sure to comment so that your card will be entered into our grand prize drawing.
Nanyc SSW-DT

Heide said...

What a adorable card. Love all the gingham and your red and white theme. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

Irene said...

Awesome card Mina and those glasses would suit your nails perfecly *lol*!!

xx Irene

Mojca said...

Oh I totally agree Mina, the technology today is ruining the real live conversation. Especially young people they are so alienated ... well but you can't stop technology so what can we do?! I love your cute little card ... such a cutie with her red glasses and I love the papers too. ruining

Martina said...

Oh, I soo love her! I already have her on my PC =), but not made a card yet!! Yours is awsome!!!
And yes...I can understand your thoughts about these Twens texting! I so often think the same!!!! I have a Teenager here in the house and she does not understand me....well...you do!! ;)
Martina

Carla S. said...

Adorable card, Mina! I love the color combo and fun image! Fab coloring, as always!

Lisa Carroll said...

Such a cute card! That image is adorable, and you colored it perfectly! :) Thank you for joining us in the "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xxo

Trisha said...

Oh, what a darling card. Love the glasses, too. I need to learn how to color with the distress inks. I feel the same way you do about all this texting and whatever else people are doing all the time when they are together. What a waste.

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh this is super. Ins't she so cute. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stamping and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT

Lady Bug Stampers said...

fantastic card Mina!!

coops said...

so stunning mina.i love the red houndstooth paper and fabulous image :D

xx coops xx

mags said...

This is lovely Mina. Super image and love all the reds.
mags
x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oh she's lovely, Mina! Super houndstooth and gingham with her spotty tights and the pretty cut flowers just finish it off perfectly! Hugs, Lesley

KandA said...

Hi Mina, this is really gorgous. Fabulous colours and details xx

Lynda Nielsen said...

awwww Mina, she's soooo cute. and yes, why wouldn't you want those red glasses. I could sooo see you wearing those. Your card is spectacular, JUST PERFECT. I love what you've done.
Big Hugs,
Lynda

Jeannie said...

Adorable little gal and great coloring! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Sharon Basel said...

So darn cute Mina! I love your combination of patterns and papers here with that darling MM image. Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with us at SSW!
Sharon SSW DT

Dianne said...

Oh I love this image how she is she, I love her glasses too, and colored beautifully, thanks for sharing Mina. I don't even own a cell phone, so I'm sad the younger people don't know what they are missing....

Chris said...

Oh, I love this image! She looks fabulous coloured with distress inks with her funky red glasses! Great design and papers too!
Give me a face-to-face chat over technology any day!!!
Chris
x

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous, cute and very girly Mina! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Gorgeous, cute and very girly Mina! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Unknown said...

awwww this is very cute....love the smiling girl on it. The smile brighten up the card. Beautiful creation, Mina.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...