Tuesday, April 23, 2013

cute as candy...


Good morning everyone I hope your all having a wonderful week so far...how stunning is this sweetie...she reminds me of summer holidays at the seaside when I was little...how much did you love candy cane rock sticks...I loved the minty sweet flavour of them so much...I was thinking about my childhood when I was colouring this sweetie and remembering how wonderful it was...we weren't rich but my Mum and Dad always made sure we had holidays and as my Dad was from Northern Ireland a lot of them were spent here...the smells and sounds of my Grandmas house when we came to visit still live with me now...right now back to this cutie...shes from Sugar Nellie and is called Sweet as Candy (now what else could she be called lol)...I coloured her with distress inks and used some perfect summer papers from the Carta Bella - Cool Summer 6x6 Paper Pad from Bunny Zoe's Crafts...I finished with some blue gingham ribbon, a pink bow and loads and loads of buttons...I'm having a day without posting tomorrow as I ran out of time to make anything else oops lol, but I will be back on Thursday with something to show you and don't forget about my candy...have a brilliant day
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - antique linen
jacket - scattered straw, antique linen
jeans - weathered wood, tumbled glass, pumice stone
t shirt - shabby shutters, antique linen
candy - tumbled glass, victorian velvet, scattered straw, pumice stone
pail - tumbled glass
boots - pumice stone, spun sugar
shading - pumice stone

14 comments:

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

lovely card,
hugs Tamara

Juls said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the fresh spring colours. Hugs Juls xxx

ellyscard creatief said...

Beautiful lovely card Mina.
Gr Elly

debby4000 said...

Oh what a wonderful sweet card.
luv
Debby

rachel said...

such a yummy card and I love the pastels xx

Mojca said...

Oh she is so wonderful Mina and I love the papers that you used for background. hugs! MOjca

Dianne said...

Beautiful card Mina, the papers do go perfectly with the image. Love how you colored her in those soft colors. Fabulous job my dear.
Your summer holidays sound wonderful, thanks for sharing and have a great day...

mags said...

This is lovely Mina. Super image and the backing papers are just perfect.
Mags
x

My'scardcorner said...

this is so pretty Mina and love the trail of buttons.
Myrax

Robin said...

So adorable! I love the soft colors. Hugs, Robin

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Mina! I love the soft colors and cute papers! Fantastic coloring of the sweet image!

Lisa Jane said...

so pretty - what lovely papers too
Lisa x

coops said...

so gorgeous mina.fab yummy paper and colours and i love the sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

Julie said...

OOoooh this is is gorgeous - perfect papers for this little sweetie! Juliexx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...