Saturday, April 27, 2013

Im back...prepare to be bored rigid...

Good morning everyone well I'm back and caught up with a few things so as promised its the boring holiday photos time lol...we had a fantastic journey including the biggest breakfast ever in Buncrana which is a cute little seaside town on our way down...the cottage was so old fashioned and cute...I will be back tomorrow with a card but for today hes a few photos from our trip...you honestly don't want to see all of them but I do have some really nice ones to show you later in the week

our first trip our was to Westport which is lovely but was shut and I don't mean one or two places on a Sunday but the whole place...so my tip for visiting 'dont go on Sunday'...here's one of Phil getting on his metal bike mind he wasn't going far as it was concreted to the ground


my lovely lovely Dad (who had a great time) going to check out the phone to see if it really had a phone in it or if it was for show...it worked
this was our pretty cute cottage, the massive grey mound is in fact Nephin mountain (the cottage was at the bottom of it)...fantastic views

our view from the kitchen window...on our last day the mountain was sugar frosted with snow

the beautiful sweet and old fashioned interior of the cottage...the log burner was fab...but the chairs were the most uncomfortable things we have ever sat on in our lives...there was a lot of numb bums lol...I will chat with you all tomorrow when I have a bit more time...its all very well going away on a break but omg how much catching up does it take when you get back...I have 142 emails....aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww help lol...enjoy your Saturday and I hope you have warmer weather than we have
Mina xxx

10 comments:

mags said...

Sounds like you had a great time and the cottage looks lovely.
Mags
x

einata said...

The view looks amazing and the cottage looks very wellcoming. It seems to be my kind of vacation :-)

My'scardcorner said...

Glad you enjoyed your break. The cottage looks lovely.Got the washing done yet lol ?
Myrax

Marianne said...

Both the cottage and the view look wonderful. Love those dry stone walls; they make me long for another visit to Britain. Too bad there are not many people left who have the skills to build them.
I think I can see why you didn't find the chairs comfortable, but I'm sure they are not worse than many of the wooden chairs you find in small Kretan tavernas LOL.

Irene said...

Welcome home to your own comfy house with gorgeous sofas so the sore.... will be well soon I hope!!

xx Irene

coops said...

its good to see you back mina.so pleased you had a nice time and your pics are fab :D

xx coops xx

Renee B. said...

Oh Mina....these pictures make me so homesick!
Hugs, Renee

Mojca said...

Oh it seems you had a really nice time. The view from your cottage is just breathtaking, all that green really relaxes you. hugs! Mojca

Cathy said...

Hi Mina,
My sister showed me your pictures of Westport, I used to live in Westport about 11 years ago now so it was fab to see how it has changed. You're right about nothing being open on Sundays, way of life took a bit of getting used too coming from Kent.
Would love to see more pictures lol
Cathy

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous tale of your travels. Hugs, Wends x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...