Wednesday, April 17, 2013

every girl needs a bit of glitz...


Good morning everyone how are you all?...there's a load of stomach bugs and flu like thingies (that's a technical term lol) going around at the minuet...I don't want any thanks and our Daughter other half has something icky bless him...I love him to bits but I hope he keeps it to himself as I don't want to go away feeling queasy...my lovely Dad needed to go to the shops yesterday and who am I to turn down a coffee break so of we trotted...my Dads hearing aids were switched up another notch on Friday and I found out over coffee hes finding it a little overwhelming as hes hearing sounds he hasn't heard for about 15 years, I think he thought he had developed super hearing but when I asked him what noises he was hearing they were just what I could hear but he just hasn't learnt to filter the background noises out yet...it will probably take him a little while to get used to it...I do feel for him though bless his cotton socks...right now onto my card for today which is for our new challenge at the Crafts and Me Challenge...this week the challenge is to Bling it Up, now every girl needs a bit of bling in her life doesn't she and I didn't need to be told twice to add some bling to my card...I used this stunning Hannah Lynn image from Crafts and Me for my card, shes called Fire and Ice...beautiful isn't she...I coloured her with my usual distress inks and glittered her hair a little bit...the amazing papers are from the Kaisercraft - Remember Me 6.5"x6.5" Paper Pad I bought from Bunny Zoe's Crafts (see I told you I wouldn't be able to resist using it loads didn't I lol)...I added a few gems from a Mixed Bag Clear Flat Acrylic Round Gems - 3mm, 4mm & 5mm bag and a lush glittery ribbon bow made from Cosmic Brown/Gold Glitter Ribbon-25mm from Crafts and Me to finish...I'm entering this for the Through The Craftroom Door Challenge, By The Cute & Girly Challenge and the Twisted Tuesday Challenge too...I have all the men in my life for dinner tonight so I'm making stew, quick and in the oven so I concentrate on other things...oooohhhh and I might get to do a bit of colouring too you never know...whatever your up to I hope you have a good one and if you have time pop by the Crafts and Me Challenge to see what the rest of the Digi team came up with this time
Mina xxx

distress ink colours used
skin - antique linen, frayed burlap, tattered rose, spun sugar
hair - frayed burlap
eyes - frayed burlap
lips, outfit and tail - tattered rose
shading - pumice stone

18 comments:

Juls said...

So very stylish!! Love it xxx

Mojca said...

Waw Mina the card is just stunning! I love the image and your gorgeous colouring and all that bling just makes it extra special. Hugs! Mojca

tilly said...

love those papers and what a stunning image
Tilly

Lau W said...

So lovely card, so pretty !
xxx

My'scardcorner said...

THESE girls are lovley Mina and the bow goes perfectly.
Myrax

Janette said...

Gorgeous card Mina, so pretty.x

mags said...

A gorgeous card Mina. Super image and colours and the bow finishes it off nicely.
mags
x

Karol L said...

I so love your blog and find I wait to take my morning break and sip a cup of coffee while awaiting your blog. The daily news of your Dad just makes my morning. I lost my Dad three years ago this month. So reading about your Dad daily is really enjoyable. I just learned the other day that it takes the brain 6 months to adjust to anything new that has taken place to the body, so in six months or so your Dad should be well adjusted to his new hearing aids. Seems like a long time but tume does seem to fly any more.
thank you for sharing and for your gorgeous cards.

Céline said...

fab card, love the design
thanks for playing with us at BTC&G
hugs
céline

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous image and bow -thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
Carol DT x

Dianne said...

Oh Mina so beautiful the background is perfect for the gorgeous image and colored to perfection as always, thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day. Bless his cotton sacks, love that:):)..

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Stunning card,
hugs Tamara

coops said...

so stunning mina.i love this gorgeous image and your colours and design are fabulous :D

xx coops xx

Vickie Y said...

Gorgeous image and beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Awesome layout and design. Love the paper, love the image, love the coloring. I think I love it!

Tracie said...

Beautiful card. Love the coloring on your hair. Very cute card. What a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Shari said...

Very beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Twisted Tuesday!

RoseC said...

Mina, you've colored your Fire and Ice sooo beautifully!!! Love it!!! The bits of bling throughout her hair and outfit add to her stunning beauty. Hugz, ~ Rose

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...